Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Hello, and welcome to "Doctor Sinister's Book Corner".

I thought it might assist those of you who aspire to join my organisation, follow my Leadership or become future Regional Governors of my territories here on Earth if I reveal some of my favourite books of all time.

So, without further ado:

1) The I Hate The French Official Handbook - Denise Thatcher and Malcolm Scott.

Published by Arrow Books Ltd, London, 1992, ISBN: 0 09 9130 017.

This really is an excellent starting point for anyone who wants to hate the French - it includes details of their "culture", food and drink and even has a handy list of fifty first-class reasons to hate them. If you add those to the reasons listed on my website, you'll have a solid and thorough grounding. (Note to Dannybou and others, I exclude our French-Canadian friends on these forums from the French-bashing).

2) France The Final Days - Denise Thatcher and Malcolm Scott.

Published by Carlton Books Ltd, London, 1998, ISBN: 1 85868 594 X

Written by the same people as book number 1, this is like an advanced course in French-hating and includes fascinating details of Anglo-French relations over the centuries. It's a must-read, and I will be setting a test at the end.

3) How to Rule the World - Andre De Guillaume.

Published by Cassell Illustrated, London, 2002, ISBN: 1 844 03029 6.

Although the author's name is decidedly French-sounding, this is an excellent book on how to plan and implement a global takeover - from deciding your image, "branding", control of the media, running a country, settling old scores and erecting public buildings and monuments to your magnificence. I really wish I'd had this book when I set out on my path to world domination - I'd have avoided some of my own mistakes along the way.

Happy reading!

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Re: Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

I thought it might assist those of you who aspire to join my organisation, follow my Leadership or become future Regional Governors of my territories here on Earth if I reveal some of my favourite books of all time.

So, without further ado:

This really is an excellent starting point for anyone who wants to hate the French - it includes details of their "culture", food and drink and even has a handy list of fifty first-class reasons to hate them. If you add those to the reasons listed on my website, you'll have a solid and thorough grounding. (Note to Dannybou and others, I exclude our French-Canadian friends on these forums from the French-bashing).

Written by the same people as book number 1, this is like an advanced course in French-hating and includes fascinating details of Anglo-French relations over the centuries. It's a must-read, and I will be setting a test at the end.

Although the author's name is decidedly French-sounding, this is an excellent book on how to plan and implement a global takeover - from deciding your image, "branding", control of the media, running a country, settling old scores and erecting public buildings and monuments to your magnificence. I really wish I'd had this book when I set out on my path to world domination - I'd have avoided some of my own mistakes along the way.

Happy reading!

Dr. S.
    These will be required ownership, and required school reading, when I am Governor of France and its Dependencies
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Re: Re: Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Originally posted by hogdriver
      These will be required ownership, and required school reading, when I am Governor of France and its Dependencies

But why would the French need them? Or will you try to convert them to Cajun-French or Canadian-French?
      "You realize that if I could actually purchase a weapon, I would stab you with it now?" --Roy, Order of the Stick #136

Governor of South Florida, Cuba, Louisiana, Manhattan, Hawaii, Illinois, Moon and Mars. Chief of Cybernetics Div., S.INC

Comment

I notice the authoress on two of the titles was named "Thatcher"
        Any relation?:P
        Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long
          I notice the authoress on two of the titles was named "Thatcher"
          Any relation?:P
          I honestly don't know.

Mrs T. is a personal hero(ine) of mine though.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Not to nit-picking but I find it ironic that you suggest two books against the French and then you suggest a book about how to Rule the World authored by a French Guy!

Andre De Guillaume?

I rather suggest:

The Total Art of Stalinism: Avant-Garde, Aesthetic Dictatorship, and Beyond

by Boris Groys, Charles Rougle (Translator), Boris Grois

Maybe this will give Docter S. a jump start on forming his own secret police...

Comment

Originally posted by jguritza
              Not to nit-picking but I find it ironic that you suggest two books against the French and then you suggest a book about how to Rule the World authored by a French Guy!

Andre De Guillaume?
              Yes, I am aware of the irony, and even referred to it in my original posting. However, the guy studied at the Royal Military College in Sandhurst (UK), so he's obviously a reformed character.

I rather suggest:

The Total Art of Stalinism: Avant-Garde, Aesthetic Dictatorship, and Beyond

by Boris Groys, Charles Rougle (Translator), Boris Grois

Maybe this will give Docter S. a jump start on forming his own secret police...
              Hmmm...thanks for the tip but - Stalinism? I'd probably stay away from it on principle - Communism, even insane moustachioed Communism with guns and Gulags isn't really my scene.

What's Aesthetic Dictatorship? Looking nice on the balcony?

Besides, we already have our own Secret Police. You'd have to ask Janos what they are called this week as they are so secret, I don't even know myself. It's better that way - then I can deny all knowledge of any of their activities committed in my name. For all I know though, they play Scrabble all day with the prisoners...

Thanks anyway!

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

If you get a change check out the book just for grins. I thought it was the best pro-Stalin book I have ever seen! Laughable...

In terms of Aesthetic Dictatorship you need to look good from the balcony. I think Aesthetic Dictatorship is geared more towards the correct use of "saber rattling" for effect. Also more importantly the all important, "When to bang the fist in rage during that speech!" It might have tips of proper metals to wear on which occation.

Comment

If you get a change check out the book just for grins. I thought it was the best pro-Stalin book I have ever seen! Laughable...

In terms of Aesthetic Dictatorship you need to look good from the balcony. I think Aesthetic Dictatorship is geared more towards the correct use of "saber rattling" for effect. Also more importantly the all important, "When to bang the fist in rage during that speech!" It might have tips of proper metals to wear on which occation.
                  I see, best time to stage an execution, that kind of thing. Hmmm...

I don't have any medals, but I suppose I ought to make some up so I can have a dress uniform for state occasions.

I like your Avatar BTW. When you've seen a Tiger in the flesh, there's no comparison to anything else.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

That Tiger is a tank I painted. It's a 25 mm scale model. Great model. It has not let me down in many a battle...

Comment

LOL! The irony!

Gasp! Did the magnificent Dr.S make a mistake!?

No way. It must of been one of his 'experimental' clones typing that message.

Also, if I have an image saved on my computer, how do I put it on my message? I'll I can get are images on the web!

Comment

Re: Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

So, without further ado:

Happy reading!

Dr. S.

Dr S..I'm sorry but have you ever lived in France and eaten the food..PLEASE! you cant compare it with British food..Hell! thats one of the reasons I left the country years ago..Lets see we have "bangers and mash" roast beef that taste like shoe leather, greasy bacon and eggs for breakfast, coffee that comes out of a bottle I could go on and on ( my mother was the worst cook in
                        the world) The beer used to be some of the best but I have noticed over the past few years the quality has gone down hill fast ( I suppose you will blame that on Brussels) and as for British wine, hell ! I make better in my basement..Have you ever eaten in the Alsac region of France or in Provance..good food ,good wine ..ok the beer isnt the best but you can always drink good German beer...You guys are always picking on the French.. the Hundred Years war was over a long time ago..On my next annual trip to France/Germany in Sept I will meet you Dr S and show you a real good time eating and drinking with some good mates of mine, all farmers and wine growers. ..Dont get ulcers Dr S

Bow on the island
                        per ardua ad astra

Comment

Re: Re: Doctor Sinister's Book Corner.

Originally posted by Bow
                          On my next annual trip to France/Germany in Sept I will meet you Dr S and show you a real good time eating and drinking with some good mates of mine, all farmers and wine growers.
                          You can't threaten me you know...

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Here's a list of book titles that you might approve of O' Evil One!

1. You Are Different and That's Bad
                            >
                            > 2. The Boy Who Died From Eating All His Vegetables
                            >
                            > 3. Dad's New Wife Robert
                            >
                            > 4. Fun four-letter Words to Know and Share
                            >
                            > 5. Hammers, Screwdrivers and Scissors: An
                            > I-Can-Do-It Book
                            >
                            > 6. The Kids' Guide to Hitchhiking
                            >
                            > 7. Kathy Was So Bad Her Mom Stopped Loving Her
                            >
                            > 8. Curious George and the High-Voltage Fence
                            >
                            > 9. All Cats Go to Hell
                            >
                            > 10. The Little Sissy Who Snitched
                            >
                            > 11. Some Kittens Can Fly.
                            >
                            > 12. That's it, I'm Putting You Up for Adoption
                            >
                            > 13. Grandpa Gets a Casket
                            >
                            > 14. The Magic World Inside the Abandoned
                            > Refrigerator
                            >
                            > 15. Garfield Gets Feline Leukemia
                            >
                            > 16. The Pop-Up Book of Human Anatomy
                            >
                            > 17. Strangers Have the Best Candy
                            >
                            > 18. Whining, Kicking and Crying to Get Your Way
                            >
                            > 19. You Were an Accident
                            >
                            > 20. Things Rich Kids Have, But You Never Will
                            >
                            > 21. Pop! Goes The Hamster...And Other Great
                            > Microwave Games
                            >
                            > 22. The Man in the Moon Is Actually Satan
                            >
                            > 23. Your Nightmares Are Real
                            >
                            > 24. Where Would You Like to Be Buried?
                            >
                            > 25. Eggs, Toilet Paper, and Your School
                            >
                            > 26. Why Can't Mr. Fork and Ms. Electrical Outlet Be
                            > Friends?
                            >
                            > 27. Places Where Mommy and Daddy Hide Neat Things
                            >
                            > 28. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
                            Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

And a few more!

REJECTED DR. SEUSS BOOKS:

1. One Bitch, Two Bitch, Dead Bitch,You Bitch
                              2. Herbert the Pervert Likes Sherbert
                              3. Fox In Detox
                              4. Who Shat in the Hat?
                              5. Horton Hires a Ho
                              6. The Flesh-Eating Lorax
                              7. How the Grinch Stole Columbus Day
                              8. Your Colon Can Moo - Can You?
                              9. Zippy the Rabid Gerbil
                              10. The Cat in the Blender
                              11. Marvin K. Mooney, Get the F*** Out!
                              12. Are You My Proctologist?
                              13. Yentl the Lentil
                              14. My Pocket Rocket Needs a Socket
                              15. Aunts in My Pants
                              16. Oh, the Places You'll Scratch and Sniff!
                              17. Horton Fakes an Orgasm
                              18. The Grinch's Ten Inches

Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

"Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X