No announcement yet.

The Real Reason for War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But he is kiddin though, right...heh....please say yes?

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Comment

Originally posted by DevilDawg
      But he is kiddin though, right...heh....please say yes?

Of course he is.

BTW, where's MY free oil???? Diesel's running $2.40/gal. If we're there for the oil, we ain't doing a very efficient job of getting it....
      1. Even if you could make something idiot proof they would just go out and build a better idiot.
      2. The road to hell is paved by a hard working asphalt crew of meddlesome legislators.

Comment

Yep...Free Oil for Halliburton Oil Company.

Pretty well sums up the left's total knowledge of the Oil Industry.
        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor
          Pretty well sums up the left's total knowledge of the Oil Industry.
          I think that's a bit of an unfair generalization.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
            I think that's a bit of an unfair generalization.
            Yes Martin, it is unfair to generalize.

But, I'd bet you a Canadian beer that a sizeable percentage of the general public - left and right - think Halliburton is an oil company. I'd bet two Kokanees that most people think Iraq's vast oil reserves are there for the taking...just open up the valves on the wells so Halliburton can haul it all back to Texas.
            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

But, I'd bet you a Canadian beer that a sizeable percentage of the general public - left and right - think Halliburton is an oil company. I'd bet two Kokanees that most people think Iraq's vast oil reserves are there for the taking...just open up the valves on the wells so Halliburton can haul it all back to Texas.
              No, most of us don't think Halliburton is an oil company. Most of us know that they are a shameless war profiteer who engineered this whole Iraq war just to make a few billion for the faceless men in the smoke-filled board room who chart the course of the world while the rest of us go about our daily lives like ants; oblivious to the destinies that have charted for us by these shadowy puppet-masters.

Doesn't that fit the stereotype a little better?

- Rick
              Get to Work - You aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams.
              www.despair.com

Currently reading:
              The Long Fuse - by D. Cook
              Redcoats and Rebels - by C. Hibbart
              His Excellency - by J. Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by purdyrc
                No, most of us don't think Halliburton is an oil company. Most of us know that they are a shameless war profiteer who engineered this whole Iraq war just to make a few billion for the faceless men in the smoke-filled board room who chart the course of the world while the rest of us go about our daily lives like ants; oblivious to the destinies that have charted for us by these shadowy puppet-masters.

- Rick
                ...That too!

Comment

Betting Canadian beers? This is serious stuff! (Kokanee's a good choice though )

Personally, I once thought the war was about oil, but it just dosen't make sense anymore (1991 wasn't about oil either IMO). It dosen't make good business sense, considering the amount of capital one must spend to wage modern warfare (USA-style). Oil, humanitarianism, WMDs, etc are just superficial issues for public consumption. Everyday, run-of-the-mill geo-politics is the real reason, IMHO.

EDIT: Then again, I hear W wasn't a very good business man by himself.
                  Last edited by Martin Schenkel; 22 Jul 05, 11:00.

Comment

Oil is a very important part of the equation...It is the primary strategic interest in the region.

But, if it was our purpose for either Gulf War, we would have just taken Kuwait's and Saudi Arabia's.

I wish we had Kokanee down here. I made a trip to Calgary, Banf and Edmonton back in 1999...Of all the good Canadian beers I tried, I liked Kokanee the best.
                    Last edited by The Doctor; 22 Jul 05, 11:05.

Comment

Originally posted by purdyrc

- Rick
                      You mean like LBJ and friends during the Vietnam war?
                      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

GW1 generated many billions to the US economy because all the nations involved paid for this because it was the invasion of Kawait.. I believed the Saudis payed the most into the till.

Now we get to GW2..the US economy could do with a "pick up", so GB jnr along with Cheney, figures they can have a war that all the nations involved in GW1 will pay for and that will put a load of money into the American economy and at the same time show his daddy what a man he is, and as an excuse uses the WMD card.

Well most countries in Europe tell him to stuff it, except the one he could pressure, find out he lied to everybody and lo and behold the US has to pick up the tab and the grunts have to pay the butchers bill.

If Saddam the Insane had been such a threat to the Middle East and Israel with his supposed WMD's, the Isaelies would have taken him out as they once did before when Saddam was attempting to build nucleur plants to produce weapons grade material

per ardua ad astra

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker
                          You mean like LBJ and friends during the Vietnam war?
                          Exactly!

- Rick
                          Get to Work - You aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams.
                          www.despair.com

Currently reading:
                          The Long Fuse - by D. Cook
                          Redcoats and Rebels - by C. Hibbart
                          His Excellency - by J. Ellis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X