What branch of the service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What branch of the service

What branch of the service or services did you serve in???
    (boy scouts dosent )

Re: What branch of the service

Originally posted by Bow
    What branch of the service or services did you serve in???
    (boy scouts dosent )
    I didn't. Bad back disqualifed me during Sophomore ROTC year. My father was career Air Force after a short stint in the army.

But I am curious; does the lack of AD service make my opinions any less valid?

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

My family has a strong tradition of military service, but I have never served. I'm a long time grognard, with a background in military history (primarily through game design) that has made the subject a life's hobby for me. Were Canada ever in serious straits, ie: 'I was needed', I'd serve in any capacity that I was able.

But with the state of our military (read - budget), and having a family with 3 children, it's not really a realistic option for me to follow at this point in my life.

To be fair, it might have received further consideration were I an American or Brit, however.
      "When I am abroad I always make it a rule never to criticize or attack the Government of my country. I make up for lost time when I am at home."

Winston Churchill

Comment

Re: Re: What branch of the service

Originally posted by RStory
        I didn't. Bad back disqualifed me during Sophomore ROTC year. My father was career Air Force after a short stint in the army.

Cheers!

Certainly not - its not as if you're a draft dodger and hater of the military like Clinton.

BTW US Air Force 18 March 1982 - 11 November 1992.
        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Never served. I could make pathetic excuses about that, but I won't. I am a patriot, I have a general fascination for history and all matters military, but as for serving? No - it's just not for me.

Instead I run my own Army, Navy and Air Force from my secret island base.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

USMC october 30 1999-???

Semper Fi

Comment

Canadian Air Force 1985- ??
              Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: What branch of the service

Originally posted by hogdriver
                Certainly not - its not as if you're a draft dodger and hater of the military like Clinton.

BTW US Air Force 18 March 1982 - 11 November 1992.
                :thumb:

My dad was U.S. Army 1944-1946; Georgia Air National Guard 1948-1950; USAF 1950-1978. Medically discharged as an E-7 and NCOIC in quality control labs in the POL section.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

U.S. Army 3/81thru3/84 25th Inf. Div.

Comment

Me: 2 Inf. Div. 91-92, 1 Inf Div. 92-95, 75 Inf Div.(TRN) 95-2000.
                    Grandfather: USAAF, Father: served in combat with the 2 Inf. Div., sister: 2 Inf. Div., 9 Inf. Div., and various civil affairs units.

Army all the Way! GO ARMY!!
                    "The legitimate object of war is a more perfect peace." General William T. Sherman , 20 July 1865

Comment

Re: Re: What branch of the service

Originally posted by RStory

Cheers!

As mentioned in an earlier post, certainly not.

As long as your posts are thought out and logical, no problem, even if the result is not correct. Opinions without basis are hastily squashed here.

USMC - January 21, 1976 - January 18, 1980

My dad was Army, 1951 to 1954, Germany.

My father-in-law flew bombers in the pacific, 1942 to 1945. He piloted the photo recon the day after Hiroshima.

His father fought in the Spanish American War. One of the non-regular volunteer units, from Connecticut.

Had a great, great,...granfather who fought for one of the Irish units in the Garibaldi Brigade, out of New York, 1863 (?) to 1865.
                      Retreat hell, we just got here. Every Marine, a rifleman.

Never let the facts get in the way of the truth.

Comment

what branch of the service

Brit Paras 54-57 Yes! Dr S I was one of you once ) then I decided it was better to work on them than jump out, though I did continue to sport jump
                        Canadian Airforce 57 -78.. started as a mechanic and worked my way up to Flt Engineer

Father in law was Company Sgt Mjr SS Viking ( great guy ) though he wasnt all that thrilled about touring Russia

Per Ardua Per Astra
                        Bow on the island

Comment

Army, 72-76
                          "War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want."
                          General William "Uncle Billy" Sherman

Comment

Zoomie here

Proudly served in the USAF 83-87.

Comment

U.S. Army
                              1988 - 1998
                              16S/14S Stinger/Avenger

North Carolina Army National Guard
                              1998 - 2002
                              46Q Journalist/Photographer/Military Historian
                              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!