X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen Kerry Must resign Senate to run for President

To Sen John Kerry;
    To Whom It May Concern:

Now that John Kerry needs to campaign full-time, he must do the right thing and resign his Senate seat.

Article I, Section 3 of the Constitution reads, "[t]he Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state." Currently, the citizens of Massachusetts are, effectively, being represented by a single Senator, in abrogation of the Constitution.

Senator Kerry was absent 64% of the time from the Senate last session. This session, he has been absent almost 100% of the time. While I realize that Senator Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee, needs to focus on his Presidential campaign now, this does not, per se, relieve him of his duty to his constituents in Massachusetts as their Senator (who are entitled to two Senators under the constitution). If Senator Kerry cannot both campaign and represent the people of Massachusetts, then he must to the right thing and resign his Senate seat so that his constituents can be properly represented.

Bob Dole understood this when he ran for President in 1996. Not only did Senator Dole have the tact to resign his Senate seat, but he also gave up the coveted position of Majority Leader. Bob Dole did the right thing.

As such, it is time for John Kerry to do what is right and proper: resign his seat in the Senate and hit the campaign trail full-time.

Please take a moment to send an Email to Sen Kerry or a Letter to the Editor of your local Newspaper demanding Sen Kerry resign the Senate to run for President

http://kerry.senate.gov/bandwidth/contact/email.html

http://www.johnkerry.com/contact/

Please also forward this to anyone of like mind. Kerry is running full time for President. There is NO reason for the American People to continue paying him a salary for a job he is not doing.

No arguement about it being 'right' since in my opinion, if you're running for one spot you should have to resign another... ya takes yer chances...but Bush did the same thing as Governor of Texas, so it's nothing new in the political arena and certainly nothing to hold against Kerry.
    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

Resignation

John, nothwithstanding your view (and your prejudice) it is not required by the Constitution or by state law in Kerry's home state. So as they say....your just spitting into the wind.

Unfortunately even if it was an excellent idea, coming from you and your openly rabid position on Kerry and his party, would render it exactly what it is as a hidden agenda. Proposals like this need to come from a fair and open mind. The long history of your comments on this board makes that certainly suspect.

But in actuallity I think its a damn good idea......candidates for President and Vice President should be required to resign from ALL positions, not only in Government, but also in the Private Sector. Furthermore they should be required to divulge ALL of their assets and investments, ALL tax returns for the previous twenty years, ALL military records, and ALL legal matters in which they had been involved. In addition ALL monies received in the course of their campaigning from whatever source must be openly posted for Public scrutiny. Since they want to serve the People...they should withhold NOTHING from them. It would apply to ALL politcal parties and ALL candidates...even Mr. Nader! Now I think thats fair and open minded as my axe is to grind ALL the parties, not just one.

Comment

Re: Resignation

Originally posted by Churchill
        John, nothwithstanding your view (and your prejudice) it is not required by the Constitution or by state law in Kerry's home state. So as they say....your just spitting into the wind.

Unfortunately even if it was an excellent idea, coming from you and your openly rabid position on Kerry and his party, would render it exactly what it is as a hidden agenda. Proposals like this need to come from a fair and open mind. The long history of your comments on this board makes that certainly suspect.

But in actuallity I think its a damn good idea......candidates for President and Vice President should be required to resign from ALL positions, not only in Government, but also in the Private Sector. Furthermore they should be required to divulge ALL of their assets and investments, ALL tax returns for the previous twenty years, ALL military records, and ALL legal matters in which they had been involved. In addition ALL monies received in the course of their campaigning from whatever source must be openly posted for Public scrutiny. Since they want to serve the People...they should withhold NOTHING from them. It would apply to ALL politcal parties and ALL candidates...even Mr. Nader! Now I think thats fair and open minded as my axe is to grind ALL the parties, not just one.

I agree.
        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X