Shaking Hands with the Dalai Lama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaking Hands with the Dalai Lama

I was in Ottawa today, with my good friend Napoleon, and we both almost shook hands with the Dalai Lama. He was going to shake hands with us, but his body guard wisked him away into his car. It was very interesting. Everyone bowed before him and someone even tried to kiss his feet, but the Dalai Lama refused the man's request. All of the hotel staff came and saw him off. It was really moving. I was surprised that I even shook hands with the man. Truly a breath-taking experience.

PICTURES COMING SOON!!!!!!
    In honour I gained them, and in honour I will die with them.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN

Yes, it was a truly breath taking experience! When he exited the hotel everyone bowed to him and as Nelson said a few tried to kiss his feet. Simply amazing! Also, as Nelson said there will be pictures soon!
    There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

I'm at work right now and was just discussing this before seeing your thread. I would have enjoyed shaking his hand also. Of what I know of him he is a very spiritual, intelligent and peaceful man, even though his country has been annexed by CHina. Both of you are lucky to have had that opportunity. :thumb:
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Perhaps I should clarify. He didn't so much as shake our hand as brush our hand. He looked like he was about to but then he was moved away by security. He did make eye contact with us and smile and appeared to be extending is hands. Oh well, still very cool. Sorry, for any confusion it was just the heat of the moment made us exagerate a little.
        There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full. -Henry Kissinger

Comment

Why did you have to say that, Napoleon!!!

Comment

Sorry, it was to much of an exageration Nelson. The Dalai Lama doesn't shake hands that often, more smile and wave.

Sorry! Just trying to be accurate! :thumb:

Comment

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
                I'm at work right now and was just discussing this before deeing your thread. I would have enjoyed shaking his hand also. Of what I know of him he is a very spiritual, intelligent and peaceful man, even though his country has been annexed by CHina. Both of you are lucky to have had that opportunity. :thumb:
                Yes, he definitely gave that impression. The respect he got was amazing. Everyone just bowed to him. It was rather awkaward as we were the only ones not bowing. Pictures will be ready soon, we were using a disposable camera bought in gift store.

Comment

Originally posted by Napoleon
                  Perhaps I should clarify. He didn't so much as shake our hand as brush our hand. He looked like he was about to but then he was moved away by security. He did make eye contact with us and smile and appeared to be extending is hands. Oh well, still very cool. Sorry, for any confusion it was just the heat of the moment made us exagerate a little.
                  Honesty Napoleon goes far towards credibility. Congrats.
                  http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Yes, I felt it was necessary to clarify that. But we did see him! About a foot away! And he did appear as if he was about to shake our hands! It was amazing!

Comment

Yes, that's really cool and at least you are honest, napolean :thumb: ! Well, that must be quite exciting. You lucky devils you. :P

I don't know...but while reading these posts....the thought of using this smilie popped into my head: :bowdown: :bowdown:
                      Keenan K.

"Anything worth living for is worth dying for and anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for."
                      -Catch-22

"We're the airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded."
                      -Maj. Richard Winters, Bastogne

http://www.warmovie.com/top/gif/bob_banner.jpg

http://specialforces.low-ping.com/us...images/smg.gif

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X