Germans change, should others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Germans change, should others?

It seems a change is in the wind, and the Germans are leading the way.

Does anyone know if any other nation allows "Sex in the Barracks"?
    Is this a new way to build morale and friendships?
    Have you ever had "Sex in the Barracks"?
    Here's the article:

German army to lift ban on sex in barracks

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German army ban on sex in the barracks may soon be lifted because it's considered outdated, the
    government says.
    Hannes Wendroth, spokesman for the Defence Ministry, on Wednesday confirmed a report in Bild newspaper that said partners who are both serving in the armed forces should no longer be barred from having sex on German military installations.

"There was a feeling that the existing regulations were no longer in keeping with the times," Wendroth told reporters, referring to
    a rule that outlawed sex on military bases.
    "We're looking into changes that would allow those who so desire to pursue their needs in their own privacy," he said.

The proposed changes would allow troops to have "partnership relationships within military facilities" and couples to live
    together there, according to a draft of the measure.
    Charles Heyman, senior defence analyst at Jane's Consultancy Group, said the proposal was unusual. He said Germany may be
    lifting the ban because its military bases lack quarters for couples, who have always had to live off its bases.

"I am not aware of any country that allows free-for-all sex in the barracks," he said. "You can't have people going around the
    barracks having sex everywhere. It's ludicrous."( :nonono: )

There are 9,850 women in Germany's armed forces out of a total of 270,000. The women serve voluntarily, while one third of the
    men are conscripts.

Reuters
    Have fun with it...
    Only Tearful, Animal Man Through the Nature of his Being is Destined to
    a Life of Warfare...

I'm not so sure this is really about the relaxation of sexual freedoms in general, but rather more about recognising that people who are ALREADY in a relationship are probably going to do it on military premises anyway.

However I always thought (assumed?) that armed forces of most (if not all) nations had a general "ban" on relationships between people in the same service? Wasn't this supposed to be on the basis that a ban on sex between two serving members (no pun intended) of the armed forces was to avoid potential situations where a relationship between two people could cause a conflict of interest in a combat situation?

I'm probably talking rubbish, as usual.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Dudes, the tales I could tell about tail here...

Sounds like an old US Army regulation stating that it is unlawful and illegal to have sex in any position OTHER THAN the missionary position. Sheesh.
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
        Dudes, the tales I could tell about tail here...
        Oh, go on Jim...

Perhaps we need to establish another Forum for stuff like this?

Dr. S.
        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
          Oh, go on Jim...

Perhaps we need to establish another Forum for stuff like this?

Dr. S.

Oh yes, now that is a good idea... :thumb:
          Vote Sinister. Failing That, Vote Ghastly - It Makes Sense

www.ghastlyco.com

Comment

Originally posted by Roach
            Oh yes, now that is a good idea... :thumb:
            Yeah, we could lock it with a password to, erm, "protect" the innocent!

Sorry, getting carried away... :crazy:

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
              Yeah, we could lock it with a password to, erm, "protect" the innocent!

Sorry, getting carried away... :crazy:

Dr. S.
              Dr. S.,

"Innocents", the last thing they need is your "protection".
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Germans change, should others?

Originally posted by Scout Out
                It seems a change is in the wind, and the Germans are leading the way.

Does anyone know if any other nation allows "Sex in the Barracks"?
                Is this a new way to build morale and friendships?
                Have you ever had "Sex in the Barracks"?
                Here's the article:

Have fun with it...
                Is this for male/female or are other combinations permited?
                Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I like this idea....After all,My wife finds my military interests childish so I know she'll never read anything here.:thumb:

Considering the "progressive" ideas Europe tends to have regarding their various Armies,I hope their talking about male/female fraternization.
                  Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

TA HE HE HE
                    In honour I gained them, and in honour I will die with them.

-Vice-Admiral Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, KB, RN

Comment

The US, allows couples to be assigned to the same duty station, they can't be in the same unit.
                      It has a bad effect on the chain of command.
                      suppose your co is married to a sgt and you are a sgt in the same company, you both want Christmas leave and only one of you can have it, who do you think the Co will approve the leave for.
                      Its all about favoritism.

Comment

Perhaps We're All Missing Something Here!!!

I don't know how things stand in the German Army today, but up until 1995 at the very least, the only gender to serve in the German Army was male.

I believe this is due to the fact that every MALE is required by law to perform military service. This may have changed, but I haven't heard that it has.

If it hasn't (and until I hear differently, I will assume that it hasn't) then when they are talking about "sex in the barracks" they are talking in the sense that the barracks is the soldier's home/appartment and they are now allowed to have sex there.

That would be the same in the U.S. Military if they allowed sex in the barracks for "Combat (No Females Serving) Units."

Anyway as everyone knows I have to run my mouth a bit.

dog

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X