The European Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The European Union

Many people the world over have said that the EU is the beginning of a one world government. Now I myself am Catholic but not a very religious one I rarely go to mass except for Christmas and Easter and have not picked up a bible for about three years. The reason I posted this question is because of recent events inside the EU that corrolate events in the book of revelations that describe albeit vague events to come. For example they have a unified currency, plans for a European army and even begun a program for a NIS or national identification system pioneered by Trovan Identification Systems, and Destron-Fearing Corporation which is implanted under the skin. Those of us who currently serve in the US armed forces are familiar with the Smart Card which is the new identification card, the actual nomenclature is " The M.A.R.C." or the Multi-technology Automated Reader Card. What path will this lead to?

Semper Fi

OK, there are two points here:

1) The EU is an overblown bureaucracy and corrupt to boot. Millions of Euros have gone missing in the EU’s own statistics department “Eurostat”. No-one knows where it’s gone.

All the EU Ministers ever seem to achieve is rank upon rank of meaningless rules and regulations that no-one adheres to – with the possible exception of the British on account of the fact that we feel that if there are rules, you ought to play by them. Yes, it’s stupid of us, because do France and Germany stick by these rules? No, they do not. They are happy to cast them aside when they feel like it. Witness the recent Beef scare – despite being ORDERED and FINED by the EU to restock British Beef in their Supermarkets following the “all-clear”, the French decided they would not – because they were concerned about the possible effects on their domestic economy. And yet France and Germany are the first to complain when the British break the rules. It’s a very uneven playing field.

Both France (Napoleon) and Germany (Hitler) tried to conquer the whole of Europe in their time – they never managed to invade these shores, but they sure as hell are calling the shots now via Brussels. Did you know that the EU even goes as far as to impose rules and regulations about how many degrees the bend on a banana should be?

As for common European policy, the British people will NEVER allow their foreign policy to be dictated to them by the EU and will not accept the creation of a European army or a federal superstate. Look at the recent divisions when we joined the US in invading Iraq – it doesn’t take much for the disagreements to surface, and they go VERY deep.

Thirty years ago we voted to join the EEC – and that’s all we did, it was a TRADING AGREEMENT. Now, we are being sucked in to becoming just another star on someone else’s flag. This is not necessary. We are one of, what, four or five trillion dollar economies in the world? We can manage perfectly well on our own thank you very much – we have done for about a thousand years or so.

2) Turning to your other point regarding ancient prophecy and all that, I don’t actually “do” religion as such (well, I’m a member of the Church of England I suppose, but that doesn’t mean anything – being a member of the C of E just means that you never have to go to Church and they don’t make you feel guilty about it - it’s all terribly civilised) but yes there are a lot of coincidences.

But there always will be coincidences, or something that someone can point to and say “wow, that’s scary”. In 1986 everybody was saying how weird it was that the Book of Revelations talks about a star landing on the Earth – and the star is named “Wormwood” and how (apparently) Chernobyl is the Russian translation of “Wormwood” – i.e. the fact that the nuclear plant went up was a fulfilment of the prophecy (nuclear explosion = star). Now they are all talking about Israel restoring its historic borders and smart chips that can be implanted in the head or arm, without which you can’t perform any financial transactions. I’m also led to believe that the international transaction code for the International Monetary Fund (or something like that – no doubt someone can correct me) is 666?

But no doubt in WWII there were people saying that Hitler was the Antichrist or something – just as they were predicting the end of the world at the turn of the Millennium. I’m sorry, I don’t mean to diss’ your own personal beliefs, but I figure that we’ve got enough to worry about with what’s already going on in the world without adding some other things into the mix that might or might not happen in the future.

Regards,

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

After reading both your posts I had to add my comments. First, this is my opinion and only my personal opinion not meant to offend anybody or anyone's beliefs, but I don't believe in foretelling the future either by religious ( Book of Revelations) or by other means (Nostradamus). Things happen as they do as they are ment to happen. We cause them. We being mankind. And remember, Revelations and Nostradamus' prophecies are fairly vague and each and everyone of us can interpret the sayings in our own way. I'm more of a scientific kind of a guy and a true believer that humans shape their own future notwithstanding what was said or written hundreds of years ago. I hope I am not offending anyone. If I am please advise me and I'll edit my post. And no I am not an atheist, and I do have my own set of beliefs but that's for another time.

On the question of EU: Of what I have seen over my time spent in with the UN and working with countries part of the EU, I have to agree with Dr S. I found them just another bureaucracy of not accomplishing anything. Something similar to the UN: A tootless tiger.

On the question of implants. I say why not? If this implant could solve crime, act as a deterent to criminal activity knowing you will get caught, in that sense I don't have a problem with that. If you don't have anything to hide, why not. Regards to all.
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

I agree completely with Dr. S, the EU is a UN wannabe and the UN acts like it's important, when it really isn't....so in that light, I think the EU succeeded. There is a decently sized group here in the US of World Federalists. They think that if you establish 1 world government, then all your problems will go away. They think that the UN is that government.

The United States will never submit to the rule of a foreign government, which I think counts as the UN. (even though their HQ is on our soil) This nation was founded on the belief that ordinary people can govern themselves, not some freakin bureaucracy (although it is fair to say that the US Federal government is just that) full of Frenchmen and Belgians who think they know what is best for us.

It sadly is the same way with the US and the UN as it is the British and the EU. As soon as the US does something of its own accord in its own interests, we're the next Hitler or Stalin. But if the old Iraq ignored policies, or China ignored human rights declarations, or if Russia didn't pay attention, it's not a big deal. The UN doesn't realize that even though we don't pay our UN dues, most of the money for international aid, UN peacekeeping and such comes from......oh gee....THE UNITED STATES!! (along with our friends in the British Empire)

I hate to say it will come to it, but I think someday there will be a conflict between the UN/EU and the US/UK.....we'll fight alongside our British allies to keep our shores free of the idiots who seek to undermine our freedoms.
        Pvt. Bob Mana,
        Co. B, 3rd Maryland Vol. Infantry, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Corps, Union Army of the Potomac

For the Union

Comment

Originally posted by PvtManaCoB3MD
          I hate to say it will come to it, but I think someday there will be a conflict between the UN/EU and the US/UK.....we'll fight alongside our British allies to keep our shores free of the idiots who seek to undermine our freedoms.
          I don't necessarily agree that the EU has any pretensions at being a "UN wannabe" - a "US wannabe" certainly, but I think they look up to the UN as a guiding light. However I do agree there will inevitably be some kind of conflict (not necessarily military - probably an economic war) between Europe and the US. The trouble is, I just don't know where the UK will be positioned at that time.

There are those who want us fully-integrated into Europe and "at the heart of things" - calling the shots. Currently they are in the minority. There are those who feel that we have more in common with the US - some would even go so far as to advocate us becoming the 51st State (!!). And there are those who feel that we should be wholly independent - after all, we can stand on our own two feet. I'm one of those' although if I were pushed one way or the other I'd say we should throw our lot in with the US and not the Europeans with whom we have NOTHING in common, to whom we owe NOTHING and who are the most ungrateful bunch of arrogant turds known to man.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

And there are those who feel that we should be wholly independent - after all, we can stand on our own two feet.
            Dr. S.
            And that is easy to verify. How many times was Europe conquered by a King, Emperor, Kaiser, Fuhrer? How many times was Great Britain? :thumb:
            http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by dannybou
              And that is easy to verify. How many times was Europe conquered by a King, Emperor, Kaiser, Fuhrer? How many times was Great Britain? :thumb:
              At least once. 1066 and all that jazz.

Cheers!

Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by RStory
                At least once. 1066 and all that jazz.
                Oh, the shame - an invasion by a bunch of guys, all of them named "Norman".

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Dr. S.
                  Lets face it Dr S the Brits are Europeans even though they pretend they are not. Its just 22 miles of water that makes a differance, also remember The Empire went down the tubes in 1947.. Granted the idiots in Brussels try to run things but if you fight back "they" backoff ie The German beer fiasco when Brussels tried to change a law from the 14 century regarding the manner of brewing beer in Germany.
                  I was Brit once and spend a lot of time in France/Germany and believe me I would rather be regarded as European and not Brit,
                  at least when I travel I now only have to carry one currency as even in Switzerland they take Euros.Just think if the channel dried up you would be a European..

Adra per astra

Bow on the island

Comment

Dr. S.
                    "To know the weapons the enemy has is already to beat them!"

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf213-01l.jpg

Comment

there is a major difference between the British and Europeans.....the British defend their land and haven't been invaded since 1066.....Europeans roll over at the first sign of trouble!

God Save the Queen, Rule Britannia!
                      Pvt. Bob Mana,
                      Co. B, 3rd Maryland Vol. Infantry, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Corps, Union Army of the Potomac

For the Union

Comment

Originally posted by PvtManaCoB3MD
                        there is a major difference between the British and Europeans.....the British defend their land and haven't been invaded since 1066.....Europeans roll over at the first sign of trouble!

God Save the Queen, Rule Britannia!
                        Too right!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Bow
                          Lets face it Dr S the Brits are Europeans even though they pretend they are not. Its just 22 miles of water that makes a differance, also remember The Empire went down the tubes in 1947.. Granted the idiots in Brussels try to run things but if you fight back "they" backoff ie The German beer fiasco when Brussels tried to change a law from the 14 century regarding the manner of brewing beer in Germany.
                          I was Brit once and spend a lot of time in France/Germany and believe me I would rather be regarded as European and not Brit,
                          at least when I travel I now only have to carry one currency as even in Switzerland they take Euros.Just think if the channel dried up you would be a European..

Adra per astra

Bow on the island
                          I respect your opinion, but I disagree with your sentiment. The Empire went "down the tubes" as you say because we bankrupted ourselves trying to save Europe. And what thanks have we ever got?

I will NEVER consider myself a European.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I respect your opinion, but I disagree with your sentiment. The Empire went "down the tubes" as you say because we bankrupted ourselves trying to save Europe. And what thanks have we ever got?

I will NEVER consider myself a European.

Dr. S.
                            This reminds me of a good song from an old favorite of mine, Vera Lynn...There Will Always Be An England.

No disrespect intended to Scotsmen, nthrn Irish or Welshmen!:thumb:

You tell em Dr S.!

Comment

Well Britain has been invaded a few times since 1066. Most notably in 1485 by the future Henry II and in 1688 by the future William III. Both of whom deposed the legitimate Kings of the day.
                              Poor old Bonnie Prince Charlie had less luck in 1745/46 but its true to say that Britain has not been invaded in the sense of being overun by an enemy Army since the Normans.

As for the EU its a mixed bag. The real question is do the advantages of membership outweigh the disadvantages.
                              For me I always vote NO to more powers for Brussels. I want Ireland to be independent but with good relations with our European neighbours.

However if I was a capitalist or Big Business person I would say that the EU is good for business. Now as Money talks in this world, way ahead of principle you can take it that the EU will deepen and grow and that sooner or later Britain will be part of it.

Though perhaps the British public will be able to stop ( through Britain's undoubted economic clout) some of the more madcap plans of the Europhiles ever taking place.
                              http://www.irelandinhistory.blogspot.ie/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X