For Marko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Marko

Marko, maybe you've never seen me either arguing or supporting your posts in the past. Actually I did not read all of your posts, but I do read more than half of them. And I just read all of your recent posts. Here I do not intend to either argue or support your political points, but I just wanna try to help you out of the "frustration" you showed (or I felt) in those last few posts ---- actually you may well feel no frustration at all, in that case, please simply ignore this post.

My first impression about your earliest post that I saw was that "oh, here is a guy who wants to bring in something different." and I finished it and felt it was quite interesting. ... and this feeling lasted for a while. And a couple of days later, I read a couple of your posts again and started to feel not much. And then later one day, I saw a whole collumn of your new threads, reading the titles, I told myself, oh, the same things again? well, maybe I should browse something else. .....

What I am saying here has nothing to do with your stand or points or whether I agree with you or not ---- it is just a common reaction for most forum readers in my mind (which could be wrong though) ---- most people come here just for fun and we are not senaters, we do not decide anything. Sometimes we learn from others posts, but most time, just enjoying the friendship and humors. So when some posters go beyond the limit and maybe with a good will of "educating" many readers or something like that, I guess many people's natural reaction would be the opposite as the poster wanted ---- they would likely to think "who the hell do you think you are?" .... thus even more strongly repulse your posts. And some of them ----- at some bad times or just some moments that they feel pretty bad about those "forceful" posts, they may choose the wrong way to response as well. And then a whole verbal battle begins on the bedding forum..... and things will simply just get out of control ---- to the "fighters", as smart or brave as they may think themselves are, those pointless followups could be interesting, but indeed for most other readers, those are plain boring ---- and will only downgrade the posters' own reputation among the overall readers. And besides, by posting and reading on many forums for a long time, I never saw any party ever "won" such a battle. Because verbal attack apparent lacks the firepower to kill your enemy, right?

All that long, I simply wanted to say that maybe it was not your point that seemed to have "offended" anyone ---- it is all that right to be different from some1 or even everyone else, but it might be the way of expression that makes other uncomfortable.

And back to your posts, I believe I clearly understood all of your points since the first couple of your posts and I trust those many other intelligent friends in our club certainly also understood at roughly the same time as well. Perhaps it is not a must to repost the same kind of idea again and again? And one probably do not like people to portrait himself as a gossip-grandma? ...

Anyway, I may very well get wrong, but Marko, I am just trying to say some of the reactions are quite normal, because those are people, human beings. And please do not feel bad about anything. You are all right and the friends you are talking to are also all right. I am just trying to help a bit ....

take it easy ....

Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

You do make sense to me regading several points and and I do take on board criticism in a positive way. However, the pro-war lobby bombard the forum every day with threads supporting the war, as a result I post anti-war threads. It really is that simple. I know that people think differently that is way I am here. But simple because I am out numbered will not deter my views. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X