Wannabe Flyboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wannabe Flyboys

Take your pick of any combat aircraft from any era: what would it be? What would your callsign be?

Me: F4 Phantom/"Disco"
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Corsair: Cobra!!
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

I have different ones from different eras...

Would it be alright to post them all? Don't want to upset the thread.

dog

Comment

Don't see why not...
        http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Mustang / Shadow
          So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong and to strike at what is weak.

Comment

IL-2 Sturmovik named "The Scythe of the Proletariat" my callsign would be "Reaper".

A-10 Warthog "The Jugde"

usually i use "Fenrir" for any call sign or nickname that is needed...it is probably what I would use....

maybe a Navy A-1 Skyraider...I would be either "Mr. Peabody" or "Clarabell"
            Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Comment

Go ahead, Moondog. Tell us about them all.
              Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

one of two:

A-10 "Deathbringer" callsign "Big Hog"; or
                B-52 "Freedom's Wing", callsign "Fian" (warrior)
                Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Okay.....Here Goes

Most of my choices are based strictly on the way the aircraft look and some of them are just NOT the prettiest aircraft for their times.

WWI......I'd love to pilot an Fokker Eindecker no call sign as they didn't have radios....but I'd have a dog howling at the moon as fuselage art

WWII.....DeHaviland Mosquito....call sign DODGY!

Korea.....F-86 Super Sabre.....call sign moondog (of course....I use it for almost everything)

Vietnam.....F-105 Starfighter or F-4 Phantom call sign moondog

Then to Now..... F-15 Eagle or A-10 Warthog call sign moondog

There's a story behind the name moondog.....and an officer in the army is the one who gave it to me....so I like it and use it alot.

dog

Comment

A-10 Warthog - call sign "Rudel"
                    Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

I don't know if UK pilots have call-signs. I suspect not. But can I fly a Spitfire and be called "Doc'"?

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

P-38 Lightning
                        Call sign: Buzzsaw
                        Texas, where we have the death penalty and aren't afraid to use it!

Comment

Can I be a pilot too? My first choice would be a a single prop fighter, WW2. P-51 maybe. Any of the "hot" planes. Call sign? Don't know. Maybe Blue Fox, Red Hawk, something like that. The next best thing, A crew member on a bomber. B-17, B-25, P-61. Primary Flight Duty being, Gunner, no particular preference, except maybe not ball-turret guns.
                          Life is precious, but also cheap. For without war, there is no peace. GS ~ A Soldier's Ghost. A Warrior's Soul.

Comment

F-16C 50/52, "sicko"
                            Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Hmm...

Callsign: "Lardass... I mean HARDHAT...HARD...HAT..." (My friend, who is quite large, wants to be a pilot and I thought that that is the best callsign of all time). I love Cheech and Chong....

Single prop fighter: FW-190- Ya can't argue with the weaponry-"Kreigsmann" (Warrior)

Double prop fighter: P-38- in flight sims I've learned to handle these

Double jet fighter: Me-262- staying WW2 hmmm....

Double jet Interceptor: F-14- Come on a few miles of kill zone because of the Phoenix

Bomber-prop: B-17 (I think the B-29 is nice but the 17 has an aura to it)

Bomber-jet: B-52 the big 'un
                              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X