Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know it's going to be a bad day when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it's going to be a bad day when...

...when you have just put your daughter in the car to take her to Nursery, and the can of Coke you were carrying slips out of your hand, hits the pavement and the tiny pinprick hole that just appeared in the can starts spraying you with freezing cold sticky Cola from face to toe and all inside your brand new car.

My day went downhill from there.

I was this [---] close to deploying my superweapons and destroying the planet today.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Glad you kept your cool and didn't deploy the nukes! Tomorrow will be a better day!
    Publisher
    Armchair General Magazine
    Weider History Group

Comment

Not as bad a day as the Hamas Head Honcho!

You know it's going to be a bad day when you're already a paraplegic and somebody still blows your arms and legs off.

dog

Comment

Doctor,
        sorry to hear about the car!
        Since I'm still here, I'm assuming no superweapons have been deployed since then....whew.....some days, you just have to wonder if probability is rigged.....
        I lost my sunglasses, and broke my regular glasses in the same day, thank goodness my eyes aren't that bad.....I could at least get home!
        Pvt. Bob Mana,
        Co. B, 3rd Maryland Vol. Infantry, 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 12th Corps, Union Army of the Potomac

For the Union

Comment

This week has been better, so the Superweapons haven't even been on standby.

Some weeks though....one day I'm going to press the button, and it'll be over something silly like losing my car keys.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: You know it's going to be a bad day when...

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
            ...when you have just put your daughter in the car to take her to Nursery, and the can of Coke you were carrying slips out of your hand, hits the pavement and the tiny pinprick hole that just appeared in the can starts spraying you with freezing cold sticky Cola from face to toe and all inside your brand new car.

I was this [---] close to deploying my superweapons and destroying the planet today.

Dr. S.
            It could have been worse, it could have been a French brand of soda. Hope the car cleaned up OK.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Re: Re: You know it's going to be a bad day when...

Originally posted by Lance Williams
              It could have been worse, it could have been a French brand of soda. Hope the car cleaned up OK.
              Well, since I am so totally evil, I just grabbed the nearest thing I could find to clean up the car. This happened to be the cuddly elephant toy my daughter was holding.

No, that was a blatant lie, she would have cried like hell- I guess there is some good in me after all.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                .........good one.....

Mark
                Deo Vindice
                Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Yes, good one
                  "If my theory of realitivity is proved true, then France will declare me a citizen of the world and Germany will call me a German. However, if it is proved untrue, then France will call me a German, and Germany a jew."

-Albert Einstein

Comment

It's going to be a bad day when you wake up in a country where most people speak Arabic...and you don't.
                    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                    http://www.mormon.org
                    http://www.sca.org
                    http://www.scv.org/
                    http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Janos
                      It's going to be a bad day when you wake up in a country where most people speak Arabic...and you don't.
                      Aw Jeez, haven't you learned it YET ?

It's easy, you just write everything backwards.

It's got to be easier than learning Klingon anyway.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Re: You know it's going to be a bad day when...

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister

Dr. S.
                        what was our future glorious leader's response. I expect she thought it was quite amusing.

P.S. what do her nursery mates think of her exalted person? I hope they show her the proper deference.
                        Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                        (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by Janos
                          I hear ya - - - or Tagalog, Japanese, various African dialects, etc.
                          Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                          (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Originally posted by hogdriver
                            what was our future glorious leader's response. I expect she thought it was quite amusing.

P.S. what do her nursery mates think of her exalted person? I hope they show her the proper deference.
                            I honestly do not recall her reaction on account of the fact that my eyes were closed having been blasted with Coke and I was too busy shouting at the world in general to stop using me as its plaything.

Her Nursery friends don't know who she is for security reasons.

It's also a part of Alice's training, to teach her humility in preparation for the day when she might have to use the escape boat/rocket/submarine and mingle in with the rest of society as a normal person (to plot her inevitable return to power) and to evade capture from the authorities or any nosey Secret Agents who might want to track her down.

Of course, this isn't going to happen because once I have established ultimate power, my dynasty will be invincible - INVINCIBLE, do you hear me?!

Ahem, I'm sorry about that. For a moment there I thought I was back at my Command Centre giving a speech.

Dr. S.

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Pass out some ham sandwiches,give a few left-handed high fives,that'll loosen the mood.

French soda? Never heard of such a thing. Unless they put cheap table wine in a can.
                              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X