COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19

So I tested positive for COVID 19 yesterday but I had symptoms since last Thursday, probably got pneumonia in my left lung. Been resting at home, quarantined for a extra couple days still. We did everything "right" but still wasn't good enough. A co-worker of my mother's went to a softball got (bad idea), got it, came to work, gave it to my mother, and the rest is history. We're all doing "okay" but this virus isn't a joke, shame some people treat it like that. I'm not in to bad health but like I said, probably got pneumonia in my left lung (got the OK from my doctor to go get a chest x-ray done tomorrow). My at risk parents are actually doing pretty good. Had to get this off my chest. Been watching Kagemusha and now the movies Braveheart and Ran.
    http://www.historynotes.info/wp-cont...of-Austria.jpg

Archduke Charles!

Hoping you recover quickly

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Originally posted by slick24 View Post
      Hoping you recover quickly
      Thank you kind sir!

Archduke Charles!

Comment

Good to get it off your chest... the plague I mean!
        Hope both your good self and your parents beat this thing.

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

All the best for a full recovery, for everyone concerned. I've read that some covid 19 sufferers seem to have a protracted recovery... have you noticed that?
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
          Bukowski

Comment

Thanks guys. A bit yes. This is a odd virus. I lost my sense of smell and taste early on then it came back then I lost it again yesterday. People are suprised I had chills early on but never spiked a fever. My at risk parents had bad cough and fatigue but feeling good.

Archduke Charles!

Comment

Sorry to hear you got it. I hope you recover completely soon. That said, here's my take.
              Softball game? Really? ANY type of gathering in this day of pandemic is not a good idea, no matter how well you know your friends. Put on the mask and stay the hell out of crowds.
              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                Sorry to hear you got it. I hope you recover completely soon. That said, here's my take.
                Softball game? Really? ANY type of gathering in this day of pandemic is not a good idea, no matter how well you know your friends. Put on the mask and stay the hell out of crowds.
                Yup. My mother was fuming afterwards and we had a bad feeling she was going to catch something there. Then she said she didn't have COVID-19. So it's like, where did my mother get it then. Sure didn't do anything before you went....

Archduke Charles!

Comment

Originally posted by AntiWarmanCake8 View Post

Yup. My mother was fuming afterwards and we had a bad feeling she was going to catch something there. Then she said she didn't have COVID-19. So it's like, where did my mother get it then. Sure didn't do anything before you went....
                  Of course she did -shopping, errands, taking care of daily family business. Anything and everything everywhere outside is considered contaminated. The only way to avoid it to live inside a P4 level sterile bubble, in a special suit. The virus is everywhere, so blaming the game is meaningless. The good news it that it is very rarely lethal especially if one is healthy to begin with.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Of course she did -shopping, errands, taking care of daily family business. Anything and everything everywhere outside is considered contaminated. The only way to avoid it to live inside a P4 level sterile bubble, in a special suit. The virus is everywhere, so blaming the game is meaningless. The good news it that it is very rarely lethal especially if one is healthy to begin with.
                    True, I think it's just more so the fact then she said she didn't have it, but doctor ordered her not to go back to work.... and she went back to work a day after my mother started to take off due to the COVID. Why break the isolation then? But we're not crying anymore over split milk.

My parents are feeling pretty good and I am doing a little bit better. This virus is no joke, but with that said I think the media scares people with images of body bags in trucks. Is this virus deadly for some people? Sadly, yes it will be. But I think the media keeps showing and talking about it, then when we got it, my mother broke down crying because she thought she was going to die from it (65, overweight, hole in the heart). So I blame the media a little bit to for scaring people.

Archduke Charles!

Comment

This virus is no joke, but with that said I think the media scares people with images of body bags in trucks. Is this virus deadly for some people? Sadly, yes it will be. But I think the media keeps showing and talking about it, then when we got it, my mother broke down crying because she thought she was going to die from it (65, overweight, hole in the heart). So I blame the media a little bit to for scaring people.
                      The media needs to do a better job of scaring the heck out of the public.
                      Imagine (or try) having your wife/child sit on your chest while you breathe and feel how difficult and labourious the effort is. Now, imagine trying to do that 24/7 and you begin to know how serious this virus can be, if you catch a bad case of it. If that doesn't scare the living crap out of you, nothing will.
                      ScenShare Guidelines:

1) Enjoy creating it
                      2) Enjoy playing it
                      3) Enjoy sharing it
                      4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

FAQ http://www.harplonkhq.com/Harpoon/Fr...dQuestions.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Herman Hum View Post
                        The media needs to do a better job of scaring the heck out of the public.
                        Imagine (or try) having your wife/child sit on your chest while you breathe and feel how difficult and labourious the effort is. Now, imagine trying to do that 24/7 and you begin to know how serious this virus can be, if you catch a bad case of it. If that doesn't scare the living crap out of you, nothing will.
                        True, but again, is it necessary to make it sound like if you catch it, it's a death sentence? If it is such a death sentence, then my parents should be dead right now (65 and 71, pre existing conditions) and I should be on my way out. Yes, we were scared crapless when we tested positive, even me hearing about people my age dropping dead. I still have lingering issues (left lung, no taste or smell).
                        My point was,What could I tell my mother when she tested positive? "Uh sorry mother, you had a good run, you're going to die in 2-3 days and it's going to feel like I'm sitting on your chest as you die"?

If this is the best the media got, they're doing a pretty poor job of it. I don't think people should be treating it like a joke (how can it be a hoax with 160,000 dead in the US) but I don't think people should be running around thinking this has a 90% fatality rate. Now if this was Ebola, yeah I would really be concerned and I'll probably be a goner by this point.

Archduke Charles!

Comment

True, I think it's just more so the fact then she said she didn't have it, but doctor ordered her not to go back to work.... and she went back to work a day after my mother started to take off due to the COVID. Why break the isolation then? But we're not crying anymore over split milk.

My parents are feeling pretty good and I am doing a little bit better. This virus is no joke, but with that said I think the media scares people with images of body bags in trucks. Is this virus deadly for some people? Sadly, yes it will be. But I think the media keeps showing and talking about it, then when we got it, my mother broke down crying because she thought she was going to die from it (65, overweight, hole in the heart). So I blame the media a little bit to for scaring people.
                          Glad to hear that you are improving!

Comment

True, but again, is it necessary to make it sound like if you catch it, it's a death sentence? If it is such a death sentence, then my parents should be dead right now (65 and 71, pre existing conditions) and I should be on my way out. Yes, we were scared crapless when we tested positive, even me hearing about people my age dropping dead. I still have lingering issues (left lung, no taste or smell).
                            My point was,What could I tell my mother when she tested positive? "Uh sorry mother, you had a good run, you're going to die in 2-3 days and it's going to feel like I'm sitting on your chest as you die"?

If this is the best the media got, they're doing a pretty poor job of it. I don't think people should be treating it like a joke (how can it be a hoax with 160,000 dead in the US) but I don't think people should be running around thinking this has a 90% fatality rate. Now if this was Ebola, yeah I would really be concerned and I'll probably be a goner by this point.
                            This all goes back to Hearst and his original newspaper empire: "If it bleeds, it leads!" Sensationalism and frightening people make money.

Comment

Since there are idiots out there who insist that their rights are being violated when told that wearing a mask while in close proximity to others is one good way to slow down the spread of COVID-19, then this virus will continue to escalate. How 'bout them bikers out there in Sturgis SD? A half million or so of "You ain't gonna hang a mask on MY face!" types. Maybe they should be quarantined where they are for the next 2-3 weeks and see how many develop the virus? Might be a good lesson in Darwinism by eliminating some of the less fit from our population thus deepening the gene pool for those who can actually see the bigger picture.
                              ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                              IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X