Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bureaucracy Of Bear-Proofing A Dumpster

This is continuation of our bear visit.

The DoW agent advised us to mount two tie down plates to the front of the Dumpster and use ratchet straps. He said "the trash folks won;t mind". Some how, I doubted that.

When I called he rash company, they informed me that due to liability and insurance, no changes could be made to the dumpster at all. They would provide bear-proof dumpster, but the cost of trash collection would increase to around $120 a month. No big surprises there. I told them I would handle it.

Two days later a guy from the trash company arrives to "inspect our dumpster" to see if we had compromised it on any way. He saw two two large, very strong ratcheting tie down straps circling it, clamping each lid down. He agreed that it was acceptable and left.

Country problem solving...ain't nothing can't be solved with either duct tape, super glue,r ratchet straps or a 12 gauge.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Around here bears aren't the biggest problem when it comes to dumpsters. Due to the cost of municipal trash collection in the Massachusetts towns near here, the problems happen after dark when pickups with MA plates empty their truckbeds of trash into the local NH business' dumpsters. Massholes will be massholes...
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      Around here bears aren't the biggest problem when it comes to dumpsters. Due to the cost of municipal trash collection in the Massachusetts towns near here, the problems happen after dark when pickups with MA plates empty their truckbeds of trash into the local NH business' dumpsters. Massholes will be massholes...
      Sounds like a job for tack strips around the dumpsters. BTW...I have discovered that these cheap carpet devices are quite good and portable for use around our dumpster at night.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X