Would you like to own a warbird?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to own a warbird?

Here's your opportunity but they aren't cheap. Be prepared to mortgage the house.

-FEATURED AIRCRAFT-
    NEW! NORTH AMERICAN TF-51D

N327DB: Originally restored by Fighter Rebuilders in 1989 this Mustang completed an extensive refurbishment by Airmotive Specialties 2018. Spare zero-time engine included as well as other spares. $3,350,000

NEW! NORTH AMERICAN B-25J

N5672V: "Betty's Dream" Oshkosh Gold Wrench Award Winner, Complete Restoration by Aero Trader. $2,950,000

NEW! NORTH AMERICAN SNJ-4

N495MK: Restored to Perfection! 425 Hours on Airframe, Engine and Propeller, Excellent Avionics Upgrade, A multiple Award Winner.
    $529,000

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

They have a 3 HARRIER AIRCRAFT PACKAGE that consist of:

SEA HARRIER FA-2
    SEA HARRIER TMK-8
    GR-3 HARRIER

http://courtesyaircraft.com/aircraft...craft-package/
    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

A little stiff for my budget, but they are certainly worth it.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I remember a thread here from years ago when the majority of people picked the PBY Catalina as the WW2 plane that they would want to own. I think it had to do with landing on a remote lake in Canada or Alaska and throwing a fishing line out of the bubble observation windows.

Comment

I like how some come with spare parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
            Here's your opportunity but they aren't cheap. Be prepared to mortgage the house.

I'd go for it but that would mean I'd have to extend the landing strip on my island and that would mean moving my putting green.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post

I'd go for it but that would mean I'd have to extend the landing strip on my island and that would mean moving my putting green.
              That's an obvious deal breaker!

If I could choose one, and if I could actually fly the thing, this would be my choice - The Tigercat:

Comment

The Zero with a modern engine would be a good choice.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                  The Zero with a modern engine would be a good choice.
                  It would, I'm sure. Those vulnerable gas tanks would no longer be an issue.

Comment

I have my PPL and would love to own an operational Spitfire. My max price I would spend $25K USD. I doubt that's enough to get me one.

Comment

I suppose if you're handy with things aeronautically mechanic you could probably cobble together a BUFF from one of the desert boneyards. It'd be tough to find someplace to fly it from though. Although, a nice little A-4 would be a head turner too.

ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

A buff might be tad on the large side, but I wouldn't mid touring around in one of these:

The bomb bays would probably convert to a nice passenger lounge.

Comment

1ADF9064-DEA6-43B0-B2E1-5CDAE7580840.jpeg
                          Attached Files
                          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                          Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                          Bukowski

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X