Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Fever

It's real and I'm feeling it.

Getting restless and running out of things to do.

How are you coping?

Studying the WW2 campaigns in the South Pacific and honing my cooking skills

Comment

Watching OLD Movies I have collected over the years!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

New puppy
        We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
          New puppy
          Outstanding!

Comment

New puppy
            This is the most popular option because a dog is your ticket outside. The police in my neck of the woods will allow you out to walk your dog.

Comment

Did you guys hear about the tips for wives from the Malaysian Ministry of Women and Family Development?

They got a lot of flack for it, too.

On March 18, the ministry issued a series of infographics and advisories with advice like:
              • Don’t nag your husband.
              • Refrain from being “sarcastic” if asked for help with household chores.
              • Dress up and wear makeup in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                Did you guys hear about the tips for wives from the Malaysian Ministry of Women and Family Development?

They got a lot of flack for it, too.

That is funny.

I do most of the cooking and cleaning but I refuse to wear makeup.
                We hunt the hunters

Comment

This is the most popular option because a dog is your ticket outside. The police in my neck of the woods will allow you out to walk your dog.
                  I don't need a ticket to be outside, my dogs have 2 1/2 acres to roam (fenced in) and my only neighbor has about 20 Horses and he is about 1/2 mile away, so I guess that makes me a lucky man, I truly feel sorry for people that have Pets that are living in crowded Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I don't need a ticket to be outside, my dogs have 2 1/2 acres to roam (fenced in) and my only neighbor has about 20 Horses and he is about 1/2 mile away, so I guess that makes me a lucky man, I truly feel sorry for people that have Pets that are living in crowded Cities.
                    Feel sorry for the pets not the human owners.

Comment

Lots of movies (esp. world cinema and books connected to them), TV shows (including lots of documentaries), video games (single player and online; might see if some clans and campaigns are operating), Internet browsing, books on different subjects, music (mostly classical, world, and jazz, and connected to some books, documentaries, and movies), drawing, painting, playing music, board and card games (esp. the complicated ones), gardening, household chores (cleaning, cooking, taking care of the pets), exercise (cardio, free weights, multipurpose machine), learning languages (books, recorded, companies offering lengthy trials), studying (some "intro to" and "history of" textbooks, videos, free online classes, talks, etc.), etc.

Comment

It's real and I'm feeling it.

Getting restless and running out of things to do.

How are you coping?
                        The rules are being relaxed to allow and encourage people to get outside. Golf courses are opening up (but not the bathrooms!), parks are open and hiking trails are open. Denver closed of an entire street and opened it to skateboarders, roller skaters, bicyclers and pedestrians.

On a personal level, I have always read a lot, enjoy music and enjoy good films, and we live on several acres adjacent to several thousand acres of BLM land so we're fine. I just grab Freya, our pointer, and head for the hills. Got lots of outside projects as well.

What I do miss is Saturday morning breakfast with my wife at the local restaurant, a tradition of ours.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

New puppy
                          What kind? We just got a miniature Aussie heeler puppy just before the world ended.

Comment

Originally posted by ralfy View Post
                            Lots of movies (esp. world cinema and books connected to them), TV shows (including lots of documentaries), video games (single player and online; might see if some clans and campaigns are operating), Internet browsing, books on different subjects, music (mostly classical, world, and jazz, and connected to some books, documentaries, and movies), drawing, painting, playing music, board and card games (esp. the complicated ones), gardening, household chores (cleaning, cooking, taking care of the pets), exercise (cardio, free weights, multipurpose machine), learning languages (books, recorded, companies offering lengthy trials), studying (some "intro to" and "history of" textbooks, videos, free online classes, talks, etc.), etc.
                            Problem here is that the TV programming hasn't kept up with the orders to remain indoors. It's still the same crappy content, but thankfully PBS is airing several new British shows on Masterpiece theater.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What kind? We just got a miniature Aussie heeler puppy just before the world ended.
                              Borzoi, drove 700 miles to pick it up in late January.

I had already started prepping for the virus. I stocked up on easy to keep food goods and got some medical supplies including an oxygen concentrator. At the time I wasn't that worried about the pandemic. I wasn't very well informed as it turns out. All I knew was a hospital was the last place I wanted to end up. I have had pneumonia twice in the last ten years. I didn't expect testing to be readily available as fast as it has come online and now feel that if I get regular pneumonia again staying at home instead of a hospital may not be the right choice. It seems that if you get this thing bad you will need a full blown respirator not oxygen.

I'm just glad we made the trip when we did. We spent 4 days in West Texas which I had never seen before. It was a nice vacation just before things got shut down.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X