Ozone as a sterilization agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozone as a sterilization agent

I don't know if this is being done but Ozone could be used to sterilize masks and other protective gear.

Ozone machines are simple to make and if used with plastic sheeting closets offer an inexpensive way to sterilize porous surfaces that can't be sterilized by heat.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2163330

Ultraviolet radiation is also easy to produce and is a relatively safe way to kill viruses on surfaces or to kill viruses in air handling systems.
    We hunt the hunters

Coronavirus and UV

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...-with-uv-light

Comment

Yes you don't want to be exposed to either extreme UV light capable of disinfecting or Ozone they are both dangerous. Then again so is boiling water.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

It's perfectly safe to go outside in the sun for half and hour or so, and to hang out laundry, bedding and so forth. People in cities have largely become shut-ins and forgotten the lessons of Florence Nightingale.

It's a glorious Colorado High Country day today, crystal clear blue sky, T-shirt temperature, and Pax and I are off to Canon City to have lunch with her mother. I'm making stuffed hamburgers (BBQ sauce, mushrooms and cheese inside) on the 'Q, and we'll sit outside on the porch swings and have a good time in the sunshine and fresh air!

Take care of yourselves, everyone.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Sounds like a plan there, MM. Enjoy and stay safe.
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Natural ultra violet radiation is a good disruptor of these kinds of viruses. Interestingly enough Polio cases peaked in late summer in the U.S. I think that is one of the reasons why scientists are reluctant to predict how warm weather will effect this pandemic in the Northern hemisphere. My guess is it will help but not stop it. Because it is so easily transmitted and so dispersed around the globe I expected it to be around for years.
            We hunt the hunters

Comment

I seriously doubt that will be the case. Between the development of natural antibodies and a vaccine, this will over in a far, far shorter time period, just like any other viral epidemic.

Comment

Mexico outdoor food market installs ozone-based sanitation tunnels to protect shoppers COVID-19

26783448-8185503-image-m-25_1585937565618.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                  Mexico outdoor food market installs ozone-based sanitation tunnels to protect shoppers COVID-19
                  Thanks for that, hope they tell people to hold their breath.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

First thing I notice is the total lack of six foot separation.

Useless waste of technology in a nation that cannot even provide clean drinking water. Mexico would do better spending their money on testing their population, providing jobs and better medical care to their people and host of other things with higher priorities, such as keeping their border closed.

Comment

It looks like Trump is right and "light" may be an under utilized weapon against viruses.

https://www.genengnews.com/topics/tr...a-and-viruses/
                      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                        It looks like Trump is right and "light" may be an under utilized weapon against viruses.

https://www.genengnews.com/topics/tr...a-and-viruses/
                        Ultraviolet is the useful part of sunlight when it comes to things like COVID, something that has been known for centuries. Florence Nightingale knew that locking people up in darkness away from sunlight and fresh air was injurious to their health. Most Americans sued to know it, too, before the digital age drove everyone indoors.

Comment

Jesus wept.

please do this. Zap yourselves in UV and drink disinfectant. The IQ of the world will go up.

****ing psydo science kids. **** me. Just when I thought the US right wing couldn’t get anymore stupid you raise the bar. Calling you idiots would be an insult to idiots.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                            Jesus wept.

please do this. Zap yourselves in UV and drink disinfectant. The IQ of the world will go up.

****ing psydo science kids. **** me. Just when I thought the US right wing couldn’t get anymore stupid you raise the bar. Calling you idiots would be an insult to idiots.
                            You're really not following this discussion, are you?

No one is recommending drinking disinfectant - except you - and we are talking about ordinary sunlight - you know- that bright yellow light that you see by when you're outside?

Comment

Fake news strikes again. How many times will people have to be bit before they stop stroking the rat
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X