Love in the time of coronavirus:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love in the time of coronavirus:

Love in the time of coronavirus: Centenarian weds sweetheart.

MUMBAI: When you are a hundred years old, you don’t want to postpone anything, especially your own wedding. Faced with compulsory selfisolation, centenarian filmmaker and former BBC journalist Yavar Abbas of London married activist-writer Noor Zaheer, sister of theatre personality Nadira Babbar, 10 days before their scheduled ceremony in London.

Abbas, who as a British Army photographer had covered World War II in Burma and was present when the Japanese surrendered, and his partner Zaheer, 60, freaked as they had planned the wedding for March 27. When the marriage registration office told them that they couldn’t register marriage during the “self-isolation period”.
    So what propelled a 100-year-old to marry? “The primary motive is love. Age doesn’t stop you when you want to love someone,” explained Abbas, who has lived a fairly adventurous life. During his last visit to Mumbai, he had told TOI how he, along with a friend, had driven all the way to India from England in a car.

So for how long have they been courting? “I first met Noor in Allahabad around 12 years ago but in the last one year or so, we have been very close. We didn’t want to live as lovers all life and wanted to spend the rest of our lives as husbandwife,” he said.
    Zaheer comes from very well known family, who has contributed greatly to leftist movement in India.

A card-carrying communist and former president of Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA), Zaheer has several books to her credit, including “My God is a Woman” and “Denied by Allah”.
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74740937.cms

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzOyqP_D8XGJQj9er6o5-fG-WfCCPbEotmwY0W97AwA9Qgrrbz.jpg

You go y'old goat!
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

The bride & groom here don't qualify but many people are talking about a baby-boom 9 months from now due to the isolation orders.
      "Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience" George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Reimnitz View Post
        The bride & groom here don't qualify but many people are talking about a baby-boom 9 months from now due to the isolation orders.
        yes you are absolutely correct.

Comment

At any and all times through history, "couples" find each other ....
          Last edited by G David Bock; 27 Mar 20, 16:08.
          TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Two posts by Daud and vikram72.
            Please take the sectarian squabbles and personal comments elsewhere
            thank you
            ACG Staff

Comment

UKRAINIAN VILLAGE — Christy and John Sims spent the last two years planning their wedding.

They hired a caterer, a baker, the Chris Sarlas Orchestra. They expected 230 guests at their reception, to be hosted at the Union League Club of Chicago. She had a white dress, he had a navy suit.

But on March 14, as they watched coronavirus spread across the United States and terrorize Italy, the couple decided to cancel their wedding.

Instead, at 2 p.m. Saturday, they stood on their front porch in Ukrainian Village and exchanged vows in a simple ceremony.

They were joined by immediate family members and their best friend, who officiated. Their dog, Althea, posed for a photo.
              https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/03...er-quarantine/

wedding3.jpg?resize=540,810.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by vikram72 View Post
                Love in the time of coronavirus: Centenarian weds sweetheart.

Zaheer comes from very well known family, who has contributed greatly to leftist movement in India.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/74740937.cms

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRzOyqP_D8XGJQj9er6o5-fG-WfCCPbEotmwY0W97AwA9Qgrrbz.jpg
                Hello my brother truly always respected you. That’s a really beautiful thing right there. I’m gonna ask you one thing. I’m in the hospital I had a spinal cord injury I can’t use the bathroom on my own. I’m begging you please I never use the term jihadist Or similar again please take it from me I can’t even walk brother. I love Hinduism. Please love Islam please brother please realize there’s bad and every single group and there’s also good and everything is good. I love you keep up the good work have a wonderful life
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

I will add to this very beautiful thread. There was a case of an 80-year-old man in a Ventilator that gave up his ventilator and died so a 40-year-old man could live on. This was of course because of the coronavirus. All the stories of good are absolutely destroying those of the world that are preaching division in chaos. The good guys are going to win that’s for sure. More and more of humanity is uniting

God willing that must be an automatic entry to Heaven for that 80-year-old hero what an absolute knight he was. Truly a modern day Richard the lion heart. As we know the LionHeart for gave his own killer while on his Deathbed

George S Patton

Comment

So I’ve been stuck in a hospital bed for the most part for 16 days. What gets me through this is meditation breathing techniques. All of my heroes in history. Jesus Christ. Muhammad it was such a beautiful Muslim a beautiful hero a beautiful night that stood for the poor that stood for non-Muslims that is guaranteed by history. History shows us that the great sense of Hinduism the great nights of Hinduism the great heroes of Catholicism have stood for what was right. History shows us so many atheists that donate everything to the poor I just work to make the world a better place.

Forgive the spelling errors I don’t have the ability to use my hands right now.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post

Hello my brother truly always respected you. That’s a really beautiful thing right there. I’m gonna ask you one thing. I’m in the hospital I had a spinal cord injury I can’t use the bathroom on my own. I’m begging you please I never use the term jihadist Or similar again please take it from me I can’t even walk brother. I love Hinduism. Please love Islam please brother please realize there’s bad and every single group and there’s also good and everything is good. I love you keep up the good work have a wonderful life
                      ​​​​​​

I respect Sufi Saints and Sufi Branch of Islam.

Two saints among our branch of spiritual Gurus are Sufi Saints.

We in India are trying to protect Sufi Islam from violent Wahabi / Deobandi Jihadist Islam.

You know I recently posted on Kabul Gurudwara attack, it turned out one of attacker was ISIS recruit from Kerala India.

John time has came to call spade a spade,

The Jihadist attack killed 25 innocent unarmed Sikh men women and children, including 1 Indian Sikh Citizen.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabul_gurdwara_attack

New Delhi: The Islamic State (IS) terrorist squad, which killed at least 25 worshippers at a Sikh gurudwara in Kabul earlier this week, included Kerala-born jihadist Abdul Khayum, also known as Abu Khalid, security sources have told Network18. The one-time resident of Chekkikulam in Kerala’s Kannur district had been sought by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) since 2017 for his alleged role in multiple terrorist plots.

Family members did not respond to several attempts by Network18 to seek a comment, but sources said they had been informed by the NIA of the identification.
                      Probably with help from Afghan Government our agencies will try to confirm with DNA samples.

​​​​​​Last year, the NIA said Khayum had used encrypted chat to organise a suicide bombing plot by Palakkad-based jihadist Riyas Aboobacker in what would have been the first attack of its kind in India. The attack, police sources said, was designed to emulate the Sri Lanka suicide bombings of 2019, led by jihadist ideologue and preacher Zahran Hashim.

According to the NIA, Riyas's arrest came after an interrogation in which he disclosed he had been following Hashim's speeches and videos for more than a year and had also followed speeches of controversial televangelist and preacher Zakir Naik.

Born in 1995, Khayyum — also known by the pseudonym Abu Khalid — was among a group of at least nine Kerala Islamists who plotted to travel to IS-governed territory in Syria in 2016-17.

The NIA says Khayyum was the only one of the group to successfully enter Syria. He is believed to have left for Syria after the fall of the so-called Caliphate in 2018 and joined a large group of Kerala jihadists in the eastern Afghanistan province of Nangarhar led by slain terror commander Shajeer Mangalassery.
                      https://www.news18.com/amp/news/indi...s-2554027.html

Sorry dear ,

But we are in middle of a low intensity war, started against our way of life by Pakistan, using Jihadist as instruments,

This is a struggle for survival, where fittest only will survive

Comment

Now some nice talk.

Yavar Abbas , hails from " Former princly state of Charkhari "

It's in Bundelkhand part of UP Province.

Very peaceful loving people, Hindus and Muslim live there side by side from centuries, under the benevolent rule of it's Rajput Kings of Bundelkhand.

By 1700 Charkhari had it's own Rulers,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charkhari_State

Yavar Abbas is proud son of Charkhari.

On personal account, I had visited Charkhari once.

Raja Bhawansingh deposed Ruler of Charkhari was friend of my father..

He was deposed by his step mother the Maharani in favor of her son with help of the British Resident. So in tender age of 13 he was made Revenue Officer in Province of Madhyapradesh and forever banished around 1946.

He never returned,

He gifted to me a fine Airgun and Taught me to shoot properly. He was celebrated Hunter.

This video of Charkhari is made by a local Muslim.

Comment

English Word Escape

Portuguese word Escape.
                          See photo and meaning in Portuguêse

Escape the motorcycle

Portuguese word Escape . Translation to English Exhaust - é fantástico - it's fantastic )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X