Passages ... ~~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passages ... ~~~~

It has recently come to my attention that one of our more prolificate and esteemed members has "passed on" to where ever such might mean. ...

It would seem that "Exorcist" exited this realm of existence back in last Summer and is now upon another course of journey ...

I've acquired such word from a recent new member to our forum whom claims "Exorcist" as an "uncle" and possessor of his computer/internet-connections; hence inclined to take such word as valid. Especially since we've yet to hear from "Exorcist" for several months now.

Given such may be the case; I wish "Exorcist" ~ Smooth seas and gentle winds upon his journeys to other realms of existence while he transitions from here to there ...
    ... May you find happiness and rewards you seek in life beyond this which you have left ...
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Adjunct:

​ I never met your uncle in person, have only done so with 1~2 of this Forum, and now wish I might have done so.

How close can one be to what are in essence "words on a screen" ???

I often try to keep such a concept in mind when dealing with and replying to the many posts on ACG, since in essence that is what applies. Yet, I often have failed in such a perspective and application. Your uncle was one of the icons/major players in our Forum and I will keep in mind as such, yet I and many others will miss his passage.

Please add what you feel appropriate to the thread I will start on this issue/subject. Your uncle was known and appreciated by many and as a member of our community will be greatly missed!

​​
    TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

I considered Ex a friend, sight unseen. He will be missed...

Last edited by Persephone; 25 Feb 20, 21:51.
      "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

We were in many forum games together here on the ACG, as allies or adversaries, but always enjoyable…

Karakris space game, TP's Napoleonic campaign, good memories.

Just checked, Tacs WWZ was his last appearance in a game here apparently, april 2019.

I'll miss him, so long Exo
        Last edited by Snowygerry; 26 Feb 20, 03:40.
        Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Adjunct:

​ I never met your uncle in person, have only done so with 1~2 of this Forum, and now wish I might have done so.

How close can one be to what are in essence "words on a screen" ???

I often try to keep such a concept in mind when dealing with and replying to the many posts on ACG, since in essence that is what applies. Yet, I often have failed in such a perspective and application. Your uncle was one of the icons/major players in our Forum and I will keep in mind as such, yet I and many others will miss his passage.

Please add what you feel appropriate to the thread I will start on this issue/subject. Your uncle was known and appreciated by many and as a member of our community will be greatly missed!

​​
          Thank you, this is a little amazing to me.
          I put the information in my profile by I hesitated to bring it up because it was a long time between joining and getting involved. There seems to be so much anger and enmity here, I did not want to get in the middle of anything.
          And then it happened anyway.

Thanks to the rest of you too. Now I think I know what Uncle John was talking about when he would say; "You'll never believe what I saw some guy post online the other day!"
          It must have been this place.
          Last edited by Phaing; 27 Feb 20, 21:58.

Comment

Ex and I had a misunderstanding once over some misinterpretation of a poorly worded post, but we got past it rather quickly and became friends. I have been wondering about his absence and are saddened by this news. We shall always miss him.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post
              We were in many forum games together here on the ACG, as allies or adversaries, but always enjoyable…

Karakris space game, TP's Napoleonic campaign, good memories.

Just checked, Tacs WWZ was his last appearance in a game here apparently, april 2019.

I'll miss him, so long Exo
              If case you did not know, Karakris has also moved on to a better place.

I fear that many more of us have, as most remaining remembers after the explosion of social media were not exactly whippersnappers.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post
                If case you did not know, Karakris has also moved on to a better place.
                I know his wife posted here at the time, tnx.

Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Comment

Here I was thinking Phang was a new board name for Exo as that was the name of one of his favorite characters he used in games... He will be missed.

Comment

Those of us who have persevered over the years here at ACG regret the loss of any one of us.
                      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Oh, I should add that one of Exo's games he ran here was sufficiently well done that I turned it into a full novel. Maybe not the greatest ever written, but it isn't bad and is a version of how his game played out. He knew about it at the time, so I think it's a small tribute to his contributions here. You can read it here if you want to:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12159765/1/A-Test-of-Time

Comment

Sad to read of this. Exo was one of what I would describe as our "core members".
                          As was likely the case with some others, I had assumed his absence was part of the attrition we experienced following the big change.

Rest in peace.

"England expects that every man will do his duty!" (English crew members had better get ready for a tough fight against the combined French and Spanish fleets because that's what England expects! However, Scotland, Wales and Ireland appear to expect nothing so the Scottish, Welsh and Irish crew members can relax below decks if they like!)

Comment

Sorry but I must have missed this Both Exorcist and Karakris...Bless em both and bless their families...
                            ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...