Boomerflakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boomerflakes

As many who browse this forum have noticed, it's the boomers who are the actual snowflakes. This has now been scientifically proven:
    https://mashable.com/article/study-n...e/?europe=true

You can find the study in the article.

Good news though, these tendencies decline as you age and face realities of life.

Que outrage and poor memes.
    Wisdom is personal

Just say that there’s only two genders and find out which generation faints and is frightened to hear it

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
      Just say that there’s only two genders and find out which generation faints and is frightened to hear it
      Just say something about genders and find out which generation faints and is frightened to hear it. In any case, you are free to disprove the scientific study
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
        As many who browse this forum have noticed, it's the boomers who are the actual snowflakes. This has now been scientifically proven:
        https://mashable.com/article/study-n...e/?europe=true

You can find the study in the article.

Good news though, these tendencies decline as you age and face realities of life.

Que outrage and poor memes.

Totally incorrect study. The so-called "boomers" paid their wa, as opposed to the later millenials who expected, and were given free of charge, all of the benefits of America. Ad they were raised to be hard w0rking, patriotic, honest and law abiding, unlike the current crop of whining, b****ing, spoiled little brats who avoid everything that requires honesty, integrity of any kinf od commitment to something greater than themslees. a commitment.

They were not "narcissists"; they are realists who clearly understand that NOTHING IS FREE.

Nothing like yet another study to make the self-serving and narcissistic, parasitic "gimme generations" feel better about their wasted lives.

And no, Karri, an intact reality system does not fade with age. The spoiled behavior of the current crop of Americans actually reinforces those hard-won values in the hearts and minds of those of us fortunate enough to grow up when they still mattered.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post

Just say something about genders and find out which generation faints and is frightened to hear it. In any case, you are free to disprove the scientific study
          Nobody with half a brain has fallen for the snowflakes 1001 different terms for two different genders it’d be much funnier if governments haven’t actually seriously acknowledged their retarded delusions
          The cancel culture is cowardly and weak there’s no more courage in the entertainment industry for one because liberals and the left are scared sh!tless to make jokes anymore so as not to offend anyone
          No they’re the real strength of our countries! LMAO!!

Comment

Everyone is a snowflake. A dedicated student of trolling can trigger just about anyone, on any side of the political spectrum with little effort. It's become so easy, it really shouldn't be given any credit these days.

How to trigger someone on the left:
            1. "Trump" anything
            2. “Men face discrimination, too.”
            3. “If you have sex, you have to be prepared to be responsible for the outcome of your actions.”
            4. "If Jesus had a gun, he'd still be alive today".

How to trigger someone on the right:
            1. "Greta Thunburg" anything
            2. "Assault weapons"
            3. "Happy Holidays"
            4. Kneel at a football game

Comment

Originally posted by DingBat View Post
              Everyone is a snowflake. A dedicated student of trolling can trigger just about anyone, on any side of the political spectrum with little effort. It's become so easy, it really shouldn't be given any credit these days.

How to trigger someone on the left:
              1. "Trump" anything
              2. “Men face discrimination, too.”
              3. “If you have sex, you have to be prepared to be responsible for the outcome of your actions.”
              4. "If Jesus had a gun, he'd still be alive today".

How to trigger someone on the right:
              1. "Greta Thunburg" anything
              2. "Assault weapons"
              3. "Happy Holidays"
              4. Kneel at a football game
              That was very good, and funny.... except for that one.

I'm not upset by it, but I never heard it before and it makes no sense to me. Turning a Martyr into a terrorist makes him immortal?
              I think you have the wrong religion there.

Comment

There has never been a question about the narcissism of the 60 generation. There is a relationship between the hedonism that defined the 60s and narcissism. While the demographics that forced adolescent attitudes into the mainstream accounts for some of the cultural shift it was from a historical perspective enabled by Luxus. The Luxus that the middle-class who fought WWII felt entitled to.

There are cause and effect relationships that account for a cyclical history. The underlying constant is human nature. While culture does alter biology the underlying instincts have a long evolutionary history going back hundreds of millions of years.

Human behavior as it turns out is fairly uniform cross culturally and across time. That said because civilization is complex and environment chaotic small permutations have outsized consequences. As illustrated above by a shift in demographics in a particular cohort. Demonstrating the folly of social constructionism. In this case the dramatic impact that reproductive patterns have on culture.

Those reproductive patterns not only effect the previous generations but the generation coming of age. The fewer offspring a generation has the more protective the parents will be. This pattern can be seen everywhere in nature. Helicopter parents and weak children is a perfectly natural expectation.

The question of narcissism is more complex. The problem with psychology is it tries to go beyond objectively observable behavior. Additionally even if a ethological approach is taken it is impossible to account for all the uncomfortable environmental factors.

The question is always compared to what. It should be obvious that comparing cohorts that develop in radically different environments is going to be very difficult.

That leads to the next question of why are we attempting to measure something as subjective as narcissism. It seems that such an endeavor would only be useful if the environmental conditions stayed relatively constant.

As I pointed out the only reliable constant is the instincts that influence behavior under different environments. Any changes to those instincts will through social epistatis have an outsized effect.

At present the only way we have to measure changes to instincts is with polymorphic genetic statistics. It is a crude but objective methodology.

What we are looking for is the predictive. That is how good science is defined. It is also where the OP fails. The narcissism of parents appears to not predict the narcissism of their offspring. A more biologically informed perspective does however predict that narcissistic parents will to some extent produce weak offspring within the confines of parental instincts.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

However, the majority of Americans in the 60's were not members of the hippy movement, so characterizing the many based on the behavior of the few is not valid. Honesty, integrity and moral values were still strong in America in the 60's, up until Viet Nam and the failure of the America government.

There are always a number of loose nuts in any populous, especially when it comes to going to war. They are the cowards amongst us. Kennedy and Bush Sr., for example, served their country at war. Clinton and Lil' Bush ran away, demonstrating their cowardice, lack of national loyalty and commitment, and placing themselves above the nation.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    However, the majority of Americans in the 60's were not members of the hippy movement, so characterizing the many based on the behavior of the few is not valid. Honesty, integrity and moral values were still strong in America in the 60's, up until Viet Nam and the failure of the America government.

There are always a number of loose nuts in any populous, especially when it comes to going to war. They are the cowards amongst us. Kennedy and Bush Sr., for example, served their country at war. Clinton and Lil' Bush ran away, demonstrating their cowardice, lack of national loyalty and commitment, and placing themselves above the nation.
                    Honesty, integrity and moral values are highly subjective. As I suggested a more honest evaluation has to place individuals within a changing environment and discount instincts that remain fairly constant.

That brings us to the question of how personal morality differs from public morality. Public morality is what I call Republican Roman virtues. It can be defined as faithfulness to group interests. Obviously you can't compare individuals raised in a multicultural environment to a previous generation that grew up in an environment that was still highly "ethnocentric". Ethnocentric in this sense meaning deeply emerged in a civilization.

Perhaps the best measure of commitment to group values is religious affiliation. Keep in mind that religion does not so much define a civilization as is defined by that civilization and Darwinian imperatives. Below is a link to religious affiliation over time.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1690/religion.aspx

Granted religion does not define morality but it is a measure here of cultural continuity.
                    We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Nothing like yet another study to make the self-serving and narcissistic, parasitic "gimme generations" feel better about their wasted lives.
                      That's you, according to this study.

Don't know about you, but I've seen a definite change in online behaviour. The younger generations don't really care (or care less and less) about any online trolling, or social justice warriors, apart from a vocal minority. The older generations (just boomers really), OTOH, have really dug their heels in and get triggered the moment any of their favourite subjects are mentioned. This also has a lot to do with ability to read and understand media - and there's a real and clear divisive line at who falls for Nigerian scams and fake news and who doesn't.

It's interesting how their favourite line of thinking is that they have always earned everything, whereas everyone else around them is getting a free lunch. That alone should be quite evident of narcissistic behaviour.

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

The question of narcissism is more complex. The problem with psychology is it tries to go beyond objectively observable behavior. Additionally even if a ethological approach is taken it is impossible to account for all the uncomfortable environmental factors.
                      "Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration."

That much is not subjective.
                      Last edited by Karri; 16 Dec 19, 15:42.
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

The worst of the vicious cycle is upon us raising the new generations to have self respect for what our ancestors have built for us through hard work and sacrifice is vital to our future
                        Don’t confuse concern with weakness

1FF9D434-2075-4F9D-9747-AC9C94BE6847.jpeg
                        Last edited by Snowshoveler; 16 Dec 19, 16:09.

Comment

I think we should all have a little more sympathy for our latest generations. There's a joke I like:

"Remember when you parents told you they'd give you something to cry about? Little did you know they meant global warming, runaway debt, anti-vaxxing and anti-science."

The younger generations didn't do anything to create the conditions we live through today. That's all firmly on us. My son has it FAR, FAR harder than I did as a kid and I'm proud of the fight he's putting up. Frankly, I'd like to hear a lot less from our generation.

Comment

I think we should all have a little more sympathy for our latest generations. There's a joke I like:

"Remember when you parents told you they'd give you something to cry about? Little did you know they meant global warming, runaway debt, anti-vaxxing and anti-science."

The younger generations didn't do anything to create the conditions we live through today. That's all firmly on us. My son has it FAR, FAR harder than I did as a kid and I'm proud of the fight he's putting up. Frankly, I'd like to hear a lot less from our generation.
                            What sacrifices has the newest generation made for us? Many believe the man made climate change scare have they given up all their oil based products to match their convictions? If not they’re just blowhard hypocrites about to be like the rest of the other liberal and lefties who are now grown up spoiled children who never listened to their parents either

Comment

Snowshoveler, you do understand that the good times were created by the "greatest generation", not boomers? Why are you claiming you had anything to do with what they achieved? It's exactly you who became the soft generation and created the hard times for the next one.
                              Wisdom is personal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X