Chilled out cruisin rats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilled out cruisin rats

Rats have been taught to drive little electric cars (I kid you not). Tests show that rats that can drive produce less stress provoking/provoked chemical balances and should be happier more relaxed rodents. I bet there's still a high level of stress amongst ratty driving instructors though
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50167812
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

I'm going to try and get this for the missus for Christmas

_109351923_2f2bc139-6fc4-46a0-be9a-1b3992a95002.jpg

Comment

Since rats aren't driving on the real highways, and driving on the real highways is highly stressful to humans, what meaningful real-world application do you see for this "research"?

BTW: rats also find it relaxing to run all day long on a wheel that goes nowhere. Humans do not share this trait, either.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Since rats aren't driving on the real highways, and driving on the real highways is highly stressful to human

BTW: rats also find it relaxing to run all day long on a wheel that goes nowhere. Humans do not share this trait, either.
        Neither do rats - you're thinking of hamsters but in any case go to many gyms and observe some humans on the tread mills
        Last edited by MarkV; 25 Oct 19, 19:01.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Neither do rats - you're thinking of hamsters but in any case go to many gyms and observe some humans on the tread mills
            Hamster wheel = treadmill.....fookin' brilliant!
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

Hamster wheel = treadmill.....fookin' brilliant!
              Nah...what's really brilliant is putting a bunch of lemmings on a wheel next to the edge of a cliff. They'll burn out the bearings in nothing flat.

Comment

How about 20 rats and 20 vehicles in a 10 foot by 20 foot area with only five treats at the opposite end of where they all start. ???

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                  How about 20 rats and 20 vehicles in a 10 foot by 20 foot area with only five treats at the opposite end of where they all start. ???
                  Pretty much like throwing one or two kids into a room full of Catholic priests.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Nah...what's really brilliant is putting a bunch of lemmings on a wheel next to the edge of a cliff. They'll burn out the bearings in nothing flat.
                    I read somewhere that there were beaters just out of camera range in that Disney film driving the poor little lemmings over the cliff. It was all staged.
                    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

I read somewhere that there were beaters just out of camera range in that Disney film driving the poor little lemmings over the cliff. It was all staged.
                      These days, what isn't?

Comment

My puggle sits on my lap when I'm driving, she puts her paws on the wheel and steers for me.
                        I kid you not!
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

I agree about the treadmills, however................

Rats do run on/in wheels and balls, So do mice.

Rat on wheel:

Mice on wheel:

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                            My puggle sits on my lap when I'm driving, she puts her paws on the wheel and steers for me.
                            I kid you not!
                            Ad now your insurance company knows it, too!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X