We're havin' a heat wave....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post

...around here when ya drop sump'n owevahbod it usually sinks ...
    After it's plummeted into the water - then it plumbs the depths
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Rain storm hit last night, wind gust tossed a metal 10x10 pergola over and bent the metal support arches. Now I have to disassemble the whole thing while I wait for replacement parts.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Including dictionaries?
        ...'specially them things...

Nice pergola...keepya outta the sun?
        ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

102F in some places here today - hopefully it's peaked
          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)

Comment

^ When was the last time the mercury kissed 100F in London?
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post
              ^ When was the last time the mercury kissed 100F in London?
              see this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49157898

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Ten, eleven days ago LGA reported 100F (37.8C.) I'm guessing that the Gulf Stream brought that your way.

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

Ten, eleven days ago LGA reported 100F (37.8C.) I'm guessing that the Gulf Stream brought that your way.
                  No for once we can't blame the Americas. It seems to have been our old friend the jet stream and a change in wind patterns that bought large masses of hot air from North Africa (to add to the hot air that Mr Johnson is generating).

Comment

No for once we can't blame the Americas.
                    Aw shucks! We'll just have to try even harder to torture the Old Mother Country. Perhaps another World Cup match?

It seems to have been our old friend the jet stream and a change in wind patterns that bought large masses of hot air from North Africa
                    Don't it just suck though when the Jet Stream assumes the shape of a bell curve in the summer . . . .

to add to the hot air that Mr Johnson is generating.
                    Please. Let's not inject politics into the weather. It's one of my few escapes from the endless blather.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X