I'll be MIA for awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be MIA for awhile

I'm going on a European cruise for almost 3 weeks, so I won't be around. The two (if that) who miss me don't have to post in the "Whatever Happened..." thread.
    Since this is a military history forum, I'll be visiting Arnhem, Omaha Beach, Zeebrugge and Gibraltar. See ya in awhile!

Have a great and safe trip!

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
      Have a great and safe trip!
      +1!
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by johns624 View Post
        I'm going on a European cruise for almost 3 weeks, so I won't be around. The two (if that) who miss me don't have to post in the "Whatever Happened..." thread.
        Since this is a military history forum, I'll be visiting Arnhem, Omaha Beach, Zeebrugge and Gibraltar. See ya in awhile!
        I'm envious! Have a terrific vacation and take pictures!!
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's our "semiretirement" trip.

Comment

Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek is very good. If you get chance pay your respects at the Cemetery that's just up the road near the railway line.

The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Sounds like a great trip, Gibraltar should be awesome to see.
              "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
              Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Von Richter View Post
                Airborne Museum in Oosterbeek is very good. If you get chance pay your respects at the Cemetery that's just up the road near the railway line.

Thanks for the tip. It's a guided tour by some Dutch university history professor. He has a one day trip to Arnhem or a two day that includes Eindhoven and Nijmegen. We're just going to Arnhem. My wife is even into it. She's very peaceful but got into Band of Brothers and Saving Private Ryan.
                I've been thinking about what Mountain Man said about taking lots of pictures. It seems like every vacation, I take fewer and fewer photos. Nobody wants to look at them and you can find anything on the internet. I take most of my "pics" with my brain. This will be my first trip that I'm leaving the point-and-shoot at home and just using my phone. Am I alone in this?

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                  Sounds like a great trip, Gibraltar should be awesome to see.
                  We'll be right by the Belgian, Spanish and Portugese main naval bases so maybe I'll have some more info for our naval discussions...

Comment

We hunt the hunters

Comment

We'll be right by the Belgian, Spanish and Portugese main naval bases so maybe I'll have some more info for our naval discussions...
                      At least the Spanish boats should be parked well away from any oil tankers.
                      "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                      Ernest Hemingway.

In english "silence" means yelling louder than everyone else.

Comment

It's funny that the Belgian base at Zeebrugge is pixelated out in Google Earth. Yet, Norfolk, San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Halifax, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Garden Island, etc,, are all viewable.

Comment

It's funny that the Belgian base at Zeebrugge is pixelated out in Google Earth. Yet, Norfolk, San Diego, Pearl Harbor, Halifax, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Garden Island, etc,, are all viewable.
                          Possibly because the Belgians might consider an attack by terrorists more likely - or perhaps they are simply jumpier.
                          Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                          Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I'll be in Belgium for my 60th birthday. I wonder if my "friends" Emtos and ljadw will stop by and wish me a happy one...

Comment

Have fun!

Pruitt
                              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X