Alita Battle Angel Movie Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alita Battle Angel Movie Review

My review of the film Alita Battle Angel. Thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by Martok; 15 Feb 19, 21:08.

In order to post this I had to remove one segment. The re-edit will be posted soon.

Comment

Re-edit posted.

Comment

Ok, I filed and won my dispute, the video is now available to watch. Thanks!

Comment

You rambled, a lot. That makes it hard to watch, but I managed to see the whole thing.
          Might want to do some prep-work to trim these down a bit.

And the best thing you said about the movie was at the end; after 18 months of build-up and anticipation, you still liked it.
          That is one hell of a rare thing, isn't it?

Also agreed with the cringe Ms. Marvel is inspiring, the uptight and arrogant presentation is starting to convince me that Bree isn't 1/10th as down-to-Earth as Rosa is, and never will be.That may be over-personalizing it a bit, but that's how it comes off.
          The Rotten Tomatoes score is also telling. For Alita, its sitting at 59% from the critics, and over 90% from the fans.

I saw it myself Sunday, in 3-D, and it was actually worth it. Not sure if I will plunk down 12.50 again for that, but I'm glad I took Cameron's advice.
          As far as the limits of acting and dialogue go; they stayed true to the source material. so.... there were limits to what they could do. I also give them leeway in what was said in the heat of the moment, but yeah, there were a couple of cringes in there.
          (what I wouldn't give to see a protagonist that skips the one-liners completely, or steps on the bad-guys lines to get in a good strike)

Thanks for posting this! It reminds me that i should probably go see it again.
          Next time, just Imax.
          "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
            You rambled, a lot. That makes it hard to watch, but I managed to see the whole thing.
            Might want to do some prep-work to trim these down a bit.

Yeah, as opposed to writing it all out first I just a quick bullet point spread and took off. That led to the rambling. But I appreciate the response and thanks for watching.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X