Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Identity Theft and Illegal Immigration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identity Theft and Illegal Immigration

May 16, 2008

Steven Malanga
    Illegal in More Ways than One

Identity theft in America goes hand and hand with illegal immigration.
    As everyone knows, America is experiencing an epidemic of identity theft. In the last five years alone, complaints to the Federal Trade Commission from U.S. residents who have had their identity stolen have skyrocketed 60 percent, to 258,427 in 2007—one-third of all consumer fraud complaints that the commission receives.

What’s less well understood, however, is how illegal immigration is helping to fuel this rash of crime. Seeking access to jobs, credit, and driver’s licenses, many undocumented aliens are using the personal data of real Americans on forged documents. The immigrants’ identity theft has become so pervasive that the need to combat it is “a disturbing front in the war against illegal immigration,” according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement...

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2008051...migration.html

Actually, there is a case in front of the court presently which addresses this very issue. There was a law passed which now charges illegal aliens with identity fraud in addition to violating immigration law which when convicted, adds a minimum 2 year prison sentence for the crime of identity theft. The illegal alien charged in this instance, is contending that he used the identity merely to obtain employment not to inflict intention harm by using it to falsely obtain credit and therefore he should not be subject to the identity theft laws. The case has not yet been decided though it looks unlikely that the 20 or so illegal alien defense organizations which have come to his defense are loosing their argument because as you well know, the victim still suffers damages.

Comment

In one of my first jobs in the mid 80's in Southeastern Massachusetts we had a lot of "undocumented immigrants". I had a maintenance guy working for me who had excellent skills, good do many trades. His name on his pay check was Faustos, but he wanted to be called George. Simple enough. We then had a couple more guys come in soon thereafter. Same thing. Call me this name, not my name on the paycheck. My boss had to explain that there a guy in Brockton who just kept selling the numbers to people. Also not too hard for these guys to get phony licenses (At least a few years later a few people on the inside got caught and got in big trouble)

Comment

Here's how I see it.

You live next to Mexico, a nation famous for wanting in whether you like it or not.

And your own concepts of freedom and justice are clearly faulty as displayed by how efficiently they are able to stay in your country, whether you like it or not.

Either you stop letting them in and forcibly return anyone found already present, or you stomache the reality that you need to re write you precious documents that define the fundemental truths of your freedom.

I think a lot of guys with guns at the border and goon squads in the night would probably be easier than re writing your countries documents. But I don't expect either to actually work.

To some extent, your country's illegals is a problem you have left too long to fix. You could always just give them California back eh.
        Tell all real Americans with proof (that they are) they can either stay and no longer be Americans, or get in line at the new border and go find a new home somewhere else in America.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

LB - you hit the nail on the head. There are too many people and organizations in this country who are just bleeding hearts for these poor oppressed (ILLEGAL) immigrants. Until the government gets its act together and backs up some of the laws that are already on the books, I can't see anything positive forthcoming on this issue.
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

There is no "war on illegals", not even a skirmish. The American government has followed a meaningless policy for decades, and has been very careful to avoid actually accomplishing anything.

The Democrats, depending as they do on minorities as one of their supports, will do even less, unless they can find a way to allow all of the illegals to vote for them.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X