Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a bunch of @#$&

I just don't understand. We help Ex. president
    Jean Aristide get out of his country for his lifes' sake , then he tells the world that we forced him out. MAybe we should have just left him there, we have other priorities that should be on the top of our list than help someone that doesn't appreciate help when given it....

agree

I would have to agree. Seems like he bit the hand that fed him.

Mark
    Deo Vindice
    Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Pandering to the November elections

He's probably hoping to become an election year issue. He will certainly be in Kerry's list of Things To Beat Up George About.

Comment

If taken against his will than he certainly should be returned immediately.

Comment

I do not believe he was taken against his will. If we taken him would he be able to use the phone to tell the world? Access to the media to spread the news? Getting off a plane smiling with no hand cuffs on? Would he actually still be alive? Just another lie against the ever growing stack of lies, you sort it out.

Comment

Haiti and Somalia from the early 1990s have the same problems and will continue to be failed states for the forseeable future. Nothing will ever change as long as prevailing mindset always returns to the concept of "my gang with guns gives me a sense of identity and power".

Comment

Aristide will have to take his place at the bottom of a long list of people we have helped and received a kick in the teeth for our trouble.

I think the French and Germans have number one and two tied up.
              Click here to visit
              The Mad Dog Drive Thru; Open all night

Comment

Sould have left him alone the first time. Might have taught him humility.
                Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Re: What a bunch of @#$&

Originally posted by foxtrotzebra
                  I just don't understand. We help Ex. president
                  Jean Aristide get out of his country for his lifes' sake , then he tells the world that we forced him out. MAybe we should have just left him there, we have other priorities that should be on the top of our list than help someone that doesn't appreciate help when given it....
                  FZ: Yeah, that's about par for the course. For all his pretensions towards democracy, Aristide is only another corrupt, tin-pot dictator. We've been in Haiti far too many times in the last 100 years or so. Put a blockade up to turn back the "boat people" and let 'em all kill each other.
                  Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                  (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

I remember jawing off about turning back the Haitian refugees
                    a very long time ago -- around 1982 or so. Some of my friends
                    were shocked by my callousness. Well I'm even more callous now, after we risked American lives to try to help them out.

Send Aristide back on a fast boat and dump him unceremoniously via life preserver in the harbor. Pull out our troops and declare Haiti a no-immigration country. Let them sort it out and get back to us in another 200 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Boar
                      I remember jawing off about turning back the Haitian refugees
                      a very long time ago -- around 1982 or so. Some of my friends
                      were shocked by my callousness. Well I'm even more callous now, after we risked American lives to try to help them out.

Send Aristide back on a fast boat and dump him unceremoniously via life preserver in the harbor. Pull out our troops and declare Haiti a no-immigration country. Let them sort it out and get back to us in another 200 years.
                      Islam... it's a blast - literally.

Comment

I agree. Hopefully,No one will expect any gratitude from the "liberated"
                        Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie
                          Aristide will have to take his place at the bottom of a long list of people we have helped and received a kick in the teeth for our trouble.

I think the French and Germans have number one and two tied up.
                          Don't forget Japan.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Trying to remember a quote attributed to De Gaulle after WWII - directed at the US.

"We will astonish you with our ingratitude".

Or something like that anyway.

Dr. S.
                            Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

What a bunch of @#$&!

Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
                              Trying to remember a quote attributed to De Gaulle after WWII - directed at the US.

"We will astonish you with our ingratitude".

Or something like that anyway.

Dr. S.
                              Yeah, sounds like most of the French I've met. I have say that I have met two or three that acted normal
                              Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                              (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X