2018 NFL Poll

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL Poll

Thirty days until the NFL starts playing for real, and time to announce the yearly NFL Poll! We will pick the winners of the 10 games per week with the lowest point spreads as shown here: http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads.shtml Please drop a line here if you wish to participate.

NOTE: Due to some planned travel I may be listing games early for some weeks. Those will be noted. The regular deadline rules will apply for those weeks. I will catch up on all the record keeping on our return if that becomes necessary.

REMEMBER, all we do is pick winners. The point spread is only used to select each week’s games. No Thursday games will be used in the poll.

This is a season long poll, and the best record at the end of the season will be the winner. We will run a separate poll for the playoffs if there is enough interest.

ALL picks must be in prior to kickoff time, (Eastern Time Zone
    USA), of the earliest game used each week to be counted. You may also change picks prior to that time. Late picks and changed picks made after that time WILL NOT be accepted. A participant who fails to make any picks for a week but wishes to continue will receive 2 less correct than the average for any week missed.

The thread will be moved to the Sports Field as we get closer to the season.

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Count me in, I hope we get enough Members to participate, a couple of past participants are no longer on the Forum.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      Count me in, I hope we get enough Members to participate, a couple of past participants are no longer on the Forum.
      I am aware. If we can get a handful we will do a regular season. Lots of good folks have left, unfortunately.

Regards,
      Dennis

Comment

I was going to boycott anything NFL this season due to the kneeling crap...then I remembered this poll.
        This will be the only thing NFL related that I will be doing this season.

I don't plan on watching any games so my picks might suck.
        Come to think of it, I never did well in this poll anyway.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Glad to have you back!

Regards,
          Dennis

Comment

I know I'll lose badly but I'm in.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Welcome back!

Regards,
              Dennis

Comment

I'm IN! For my annual dose of misery.

Comment

I'm with Perse; this is all I'm having to do with the NFL until they get their sh*t together.

But given my choices in the past, throwing darts at names on a board wouldn't be any worse than how I usually do. I'm in.
                  Any man can hold his place when the bands play and women throw flowers; it is when the enemy presses close and metal shears through the ranks that one can acertain which are soldiers, and which are not.

Comment

Up to 6 players. Good to go!

Regards,
                    Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                      I was going to boycott anything NFL this season due to the kneeling crap...then I remembered this poll.
                      This will be the only thing NFL related that I will be doing this season.

I don't plan on watching any games so my picks might suck.
                      Come to think of it, I never did well in this poll anyway.

Yes you did Maggie, you won the whole thing about 3 or 4 years ago, but I differ with you and my friend Arnold, I love pro Football, I don't care who kneels, squats, stands or goes prone, it's like people that boycott movies because of the political stance of certain actors, it's dumb, every one knows, unless you have been living under a rock the last 50 years or so that 99% of Hollywood are liberals, save Tom Selleck nowadays, and 70%+ football players are black, (need I say more), not a rant, just saying, don't let anyone spoil what you love, if you do,you might as well retire to a corner and shrivel away, and no one will care !
                      Last edited by Trung Si; 29 Aug 18, 21:42.
                      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Just drop the national anthem before the games and that will solve it once and for all.

Why must they play the anthem before NFL games anyway? It isn't necessary.

If anyone should ask why the NFL discontinued the anthem, point to the kneelers.

Why allow a handful of players to ruin the game for millions.
                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Yes you did Maggie, you won the whole thing about 3 or 4 years ago, but I differ with you and my friend Arnold, I love pro Football, I don't care who kneels, squats, stands or goes prone, it's like people that boycott movies because of the political stance of certain actors, it's dumb, every one knows, unless you have been living under a rock the last 50 years or so that 99% of Hollywood are liberals, save Tom Selleck nowadays, and 70%+ football players are black, (need I say more), not a rant, just saying, don't let anyone spoil what you love, if you do,,you might as well retire to a corner and shrivel away, and no one will care !
                          Precisely! I don't take counsel from celebrities, politicians or broadcasters of ANY political persuasion doing nothing but publicly posturing on any issue. Frankly, their opinions are less valid than any every day American I know due to their living in what in essence is a fantasy world.

The question I asked myself was, who would be punished if I boycotted? The players and owners still get paid, so it isn't them. Politicians and activists on both sides of the issue still make political hay from it, so it isn't them. I miss something I really enjoy by not watching...….BINGO!!!!!!

Regards,
                          Dennis
                          Last edited by D1J1; 26 Aug 18, 11:50. Reason: Correct punctuation.

Comment

I'm in, but only for this.
                            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

Comment

Missed out last season, I would like to play this year.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X