Thought For Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

[FONT=trebuchet ms]I am aware of what "god" allegedly said, but the point was not his words, but why a "god" needed plans for a boat in the first place?

One wouldn't if it were omnipotent but would know how to build one it it were omniscient
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

One wouldn't if it were omnipotent but would know how to build one it it were omniscient
      But it still wouldn't need one in the first place, especially since it caused the flood to begin with.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

But it still wouldn't need one in the first place, especially since it caused the flood to begin with.
        Go back and read your own posts.
        It wouldn't but it gave the plans to mortals who did.
        Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
        Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post

Go back and read your own posts.
          It wouldn't but it gave the plans to mortals who did.
          That's because I do not live in world of invisible deities who tell me what to do. Clearly, you do. That's what "praying" is, right? Asking an invisible something-or-other to tell you what to do and solve your problems for you?

Now...this thread is about "thought for the day". Do you have a thought today?

Comment

"No matter how deep the water is...it goes all the way to the bottom." - Capt. Tom
            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

You know you're getting old when your favorite jeans have more miles on them than your pickup truck.

Comment

That's because I do not live in world of invisible deities who tell me what to do. Clearly, you do. That's what "praying" is, right? Asking an invisible something-or-other to tell you what to do and solve your problems for you?

Now...this thread is about "thought for the day". Do you have a thought today?
                No its more about changing 'fate' by invoking the name and demanding a lawful response from the creator of the multiverse. He promised it so He keeps his promises. BTW sometimes the answer is no, so deal with it.
                Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

You know you're getting old when your favorite jeans have more miles on them than your pickup truck.
                  I own a backhoe older than my grandkids... One of my pick up trucks could have driven to the Moon on the mileage it has. So,

Comment

Originally posted by Bwaha View Post

No its more about changing 'fate' by invoking the name and demanding a lawful response from the creator of the multiverse. He promised it so He keeps his promises. BTW sometimes the answer is no, so deal with it.
                    Oh, boy...there is so much wrong with that response that I'm not even going to start.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X