No announcement yet.

The new look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its a bit faster and more stable. Recently I settled on grunge mode. It's way less bright and shiny.
    Credo quia absurdum.

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Well, DUH...
      Well, I did not upgrade, and I use three ISP's. The site is remarkably faster on all three ISP's, and on Safari, Firefox, and Internet Explorer on both my Apple and Microsoft machines. It is not ACG, but something between it and you.
      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I see the "Friends" function of the old format has been replaced by something called "Subscriptions" & "Subscribers" which I'd guess I could learn more about via some more clicking, but if we could get something on these two aspects, what they really are and how to use/adjust, that would help a bit. In my case, I'm noticing there is a one number/digit difference between these two and haven't yet done a fine-toothed comb of what that is or why ...
        Whiskey for my men, and beer for my horses.
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
        Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

I've noticed some of the user avatars flash and move on my screen. It is very distracting and annoying.
          "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
          Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I haven't even been able to get on ACG forums until today.
            “When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'.”
            ― Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              I see the "Friends" function of the old format has been replaced by something called "Subscriptions" & "Subscribers" which I'd guess I could learn more about via some more clicking, but if we could get something on these two aspects, what they really are and how to use/adjust, that would help a bit. In my case, I'm noticing there is a one number/digit difference between these two and haven't yet done a fine-toothed comb of what that is or why ...
              I have the same,

I assumed it was because some of the people on my friend list are sadly no longer with us, maybe they count towards the one but not the other ?
              High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.
              Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Co.

Comment

It seems there are less threads per page.

I think once a thread is off the 1 st page it is forgotten in most cases.

This is not an issue with most of the sub forums. But on the busier sub forums such as World War II a thread can get bumped off the front page into the purgatory of the second page and below pretty quickly.
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
                Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Just let me post in and reactivate "Politics Central";
                  https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...077-it-s-alive

Bock's First Law of History: The Past shapes the Present, which forms the Future. *

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
                    Just let me post in and reactivate "Politics Central";
                    https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...077-it-s-alive
                    Which makes me wonder, given glitch ratios, etc. if we really can't have those ribbons/awards and nationality flags as part of the poster's display.
                    A few decades living with cyber systems and their evolution has taught me that increasing things can be done ... for a price.
                    So what would it cost, say annually, for members whom want, to have a flag by their name and their awards and ribbons show under (like in the old system) ???

Comment

• Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
                      It seems there are less threads per page.

I think once a thread is off the 1 st page it is forgotten in most cases.

This is not an issue with most of the sub forums. But on the busier sub forums such as World War II a thread can get bumped off the front page into the purgatory of the second page and below pretty quickly.
                      And on some pages the stickies outnumber the spaces for active posts. All those stickies belong somewhere else.
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

• How can I access my signatures?

I want my sig to say

Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton
                        Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
                          How can I access my signatures?

I want my sig to say

George S Patton
                          Go to "User Settings" either on the bottom tool bar near the top of the page or the drop menu where your Username is at the top righthand corner of the page. Go to "Account". Scroll down about halfway down the page where you see "Conversation Detail Options", select "Edit Signature". Uncheck "Show Signature", go bottom righthand corner to "Save Changes", then check "Save Signature" again and hit "Save Changes' again.
                          Last edited by Salinator; 24 Jun 18, 00:45.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

• Originally posted by Salinator View Post

Go to "User Settings" either on the bottom tool bar near the top of the page or the drop menu where your Username is at the top righthand corner of the page. Go to "Account". Scroll down about halfway down the page where you see "Conversation Detail Options", select "Edit Signature". Uncheck "Show Signature", go bottom righthand corner to "Save Changes", then check "Save Signature" again and hit "Save Changes again.
                            Its done, thanks alot Salinator.
                            Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM

George S Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Bwaha View Post
                              I think its a bit faster and more stable. Recently I settled on grunge mode. It's way less bright and shiny.
                              The default font seems bigger and bolder in Grunge as well. I myself tried one called Wood, and it also cut down the brightness, but the font is smaller. Interestingly enough, it seems one can change "on the fly" by just selecting a new skin from the list.

Other than that... ...haven't been around for a while, so I hadn't even known about the changes. Looks rather Godawful at first glance, I must say, but then again my favorite forum layout option was the old, chaotic Network 54 design, where I sometimes used a black background with bright green font.

Say... I just noticed that I can re-size the box in which I'm typing this. Interesting.

For whatever it's worth, if the functionality as far as the speed of page loading is increased as it seems to be thus far, and the weird "outages" cease, I'd consider finding my way around a bunch of new and/or relocated controls a minor nuisance at worst.
                              " Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

• If I log out, the skin goes back alway reverts back to Black Red when I log back in, which is really strange because I selected the Default skin, but it is only the default skin in name only. The true default skin seems to be Black Red

I tried it on the phone today, and the new format is 100 times better than the old format. It used to take and incredible amount of scrolling back and forth just to read and was nearly darn impossible to maneuver .

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X