Ever want your own website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever want your own website?

Found this deal the other day and just set up a personal website there. The control panel is a little clumsy if you are used to something better, but it should be fine for most users.

1and1.com

I have nothing to do with them, other than I just signed up for it. They give you 500mb of space, 5G of bandwidth, and let you have it for FREE for 3 years. Too good to be true? I don't know, but they don't ask for a credit card or anything so figured it was worth a shot. Offer expires on Jan. 21.

You can buy your own domain name (www.yourdomain.com) for about US$9.00 and put it on this site.
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

They probalby just want to burn some money ... crazy...
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

Comment

It does sound to good to be true. will definatly look into it though. Thanks for the heads up:thumb:

Comment

I went and read up on it and they really seem legit!

No Banners
        No Pop-Up Ads
        No Spam
        No Hidden Fees
        No Sales Calls
        No Third Party Distribution
        Strict Privacy Protection

This is the best promotion plan I have seen in awhile.

Comment

It should be great for a personal page for pictures, a small recreation site, or perhaps a small web site for business purposes...but I am not sure I would put a large website there. I know there has to be a downside somewhere...but I can't find it.

They do claim to be a large company with reliability so who knows.

Nothing to lose, especially if you dont' want a domain name. Then it costs you absolutely nothing.

Comment

A friend of mine, Boar, asked about this. Not knowing about it I looked at the site and it looked good, too good so I recommended against it.

There are a number of things that can happen and one could be your site just vanishing one day.

Comment

If afraid of this plan...there is another hosting site I use called addaction.net which offers 500mb space, 10GB bandwidth, 50 email addresses for 6.95 per month with the first 6 months FREE. They have an outstanding control panel and have been very happy with them in the 6 months I have used them.

Yet another hosting site I use is totalchoicehosting.com which offers a sweet deal of $5 per month, 500mb space, 10GB transfer, NO limits on email accounts, and they also have a great control panel.

Anymore, you can't afford NOT to have your own web presence, even if only to store your cookie recipes

Comment

Yeah, the motto of webhosting is:

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

At the least this sounds like a poor business model. What will you do when their servers go to a crawl when the bandwidth is over-used?

I have had several hosts and the best one I found in the budget category was $19.99 a month, but they were ROCK solid. I NEVER noticed an outage with them at all.

BTW..Did you design this site? I love the logo and the look is very clean. Good job whoever did it! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Igotmilkô

BTW..Did you design this site? I love the logo and the look is very clean. Good job whoever did it! :thumb:
                  Thanks from all of us here at ACG on the web team!

I am the shepherd of a small flock of people that have worked hard on the design, implementation, and evolution of the site as it is today. It is still not where I would like it to be, but then an artist is never happy with his creation

Seriously though, we work almost every day in the background to improve and add features...so that someday we might look at it and consider it "done." Then I can get back to wargaming and maybe some more writing!

Comment

Originally posted by Igotmilkô

I have had several hosts and the best one I found in the budget category was $19.99 a month, but they were ROCK solid. I NEVER noticed an outage with them at all.
                    Who are they? Sound good...
                    a brain cell

Comment

http://www.us.net/

I have not used them for over a year but I liked them a lot. I had them a few years too.

Comment

Oh, and along the lines of what IGM said, if you get the free 3yr deal and the company suddenly loses all their free accounts due to an accounting "glitch" don't blame me!!!

I am just using it to throw up a few pics of my Jeep and that's about it. Maybe they come through on the 3yrs, maybe they don't...but for free I say "what the hell!" :thumb:

Comment

Yeah, What the heck.

I just don't get it. I would look into it but I don't have the time.

Comment

Well here is a alternative, really cheap!
                            http://www.ixwebhosting.com/

Comment

You have to provide a tele number so they can give you a PIN.

:crazy:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X