They are on top of this global warming Downunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are on top of this global warming Downunder

I guess with the new PM and all Australia has dived in head first on the whole global warming thing.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/australi...U9CtUWmhCs0NUE

Eco-friendly kangaroo farts could help global warming: scientists

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian scientists are trying to give kangaroo-style stomachs to cattle and sheep in a bid to cut the emission of greenhouse gases blamed for global warming, researchers say.

While the usual image of greenhouse gas pollution is a billowing smokestack pushing out carbon dioxide, livestock passing wind contribute a surprisingly high percentage of total emissions in some countries.

"Fourteen percent of emissions from all sources in Australia is from enteric methane from cattle and sheep," said Athol Klieve, a senior research scientist with the Queensland state government.

"And if you look at another country such as New Zealand, which has got a much higher agricultural base, they're actually up around 50 percent," he told AFP.
    “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
    “To talk of many things:
    Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
    Of cabbages—and kings—
    And why the sea is boiling hot—
    And whether pigs have wings.”
    ― Lewis Carroll

Originally posted by Combatengineer View Post
    I guess with the new PM and all Australia has dived in head first on the whole global warming thing.....

SYDNEY (AFP) - Australian scientists are trying to give kangaroo-style stomachs to cattle and sheep in a bid to cut the emission of greenhouse gases blamed for global warming, researchers say.

While the usual image of greenhouse gas pollution is a billowing smokestack pushing out carbon dioxide, livestock passing wind contribute a surprisingly high percentage of total emissions in some countries.

"Fourteen percent of emissions from all sources in Australia is from enteric methane from cattle and sheep," said Athol Klieve, a senior research scientist with the Queensland state government.

"And if you look at another country such as New Zealand, which has got a much higher agricultural base, they're actually up around 50 percent," he told AFP.
    Just so you know... ...

The term Down Under is a British euphamism for the genital area, in the context of Anglo-Australian comedy and humour.

... and if you add in your comment...

Fourteen percent of emissions from all sources in Australia

... the theme of this thread becomes almost surreal!

regards

Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
      Just so you know... ...

The term Down Under is a British euphamism for the genital area, in the context of Anglo-Australian comedy and humour.

... and if you add in your comment...

Fourteen percent of emissions from all sources in Australia

... the theme of this thread becomes almost surreal!

regards

Gaz
      [email protected]* you English/Aussie speaking slang using........
      “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
      “To talk of many things:
      Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
      Of cabbages—and kings—
      And why the sea is boiling hot—
      And whether pigs have wings.”
      ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Well im Australian, and could just manage to work out what he was saying!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Combatengineer View Post

tell you the truth i'm kinda worried

yes climate change is hapening and we have to do something about it but we have to keep a lid on our economy you can't destroy more than 50% of your national business to prevent climate change in athgousand years maybe climate change doesn't happen but every one is going to be poor and it could turn into the dark ages or turn back into the the life of homo sapiens and live in caves and no civilization as we know it I believe we have to act but be careful where we are heading in civisaton and life style
          http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
            tell you the truth i'm kinda worried

yes climate change is hapening and we have to do something about it but we have to keep a lid on our economy you can't destroy more than 50% of your national business to prevent climate change
            More howard propaganda ....
            "Folks need to be realists and realize that peace is a nice idea, but ultimately unattainable on a worldwide level."
            - 6thInf Grandson

Comment

So is the solution a kangaroo/bovine genetic mix. Now There's a thought a Kangacow, hopping beef, hey, I'll bet it would leaner too to cut down all that fat in a Big MAC.

OR

Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
              Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
              David Bowie

Comment

Originally posted by PiNpOiNt99 View Post
                More howard propaganda ....
                I ask how can it be Howard Propaganda when he isn't in Government anymore??

But I would rather keep my job how about you?

Comment

I didn't realize kangaroos fart but then who doesn't.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                  --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                    I didn't realize kangaroos fart but then who doesn't.
                    Guess you learn something new every day...

...be funny sometime in the future, all those tourists coming to see Australia for the first time, and hurling abuse at the Kangaroo enclosure, calling them CO2 emmitters, and destroying our planet you monsters...hee hee.

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
                      I ask how can it be Howard Propaganda when he isn't in Government anymore??

But I would rather keep my job how about you?
                      No jobs on a dead planet mate.
                      It's Howard propaganda because that's the kind of crap he spouted when he WAS PM two weeks ago. Anyone see the reports his 'government' has been sitting on? Looks as though we might lose 80% of our arable land by 2050.
                      Typical really. Australia is the second highest emitter of greenhouse gasses in the world and they're trying to stem cow farts. The stone age coal power plants are the real problem and with so much sun, we could power the whole bloody world if we tried.
                      The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                      Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
                        No jobs on a dead planet mate.
                        It's Howard propaganda because that's the kind of crap he spouted when he WAS PM two weeks ago. Anyone see the reports his 'government' has been sitting on? Looks as though we might lose 80% of our arable land by 2050.
                        Typical really. Australia is the second highest emitter of greenhouse gasses in the world and they're trying to stem cow farts. The stone age coal power plants are the real problem and with so much sun, we could power the whole bloody world if we tried.
                        I thought it was Indonesia?

Comment

Sorry mate. You thought what was Indonesia?
                          If you mean second highest emitter, then nah it's us. Only the US emits more. Amazing considering the population difference.
                          The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                          Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Geek44 View Post
                            Sorry mate. You thought what was Indonesia?
                            If you mean second highest emitter, then nah it's us. Only the US emits more. Amazing considering the population difference.
                            well where is China I reckon there either first or second

Comment

I think they are due to overtake the US soon, just cant remember when exactly...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X