X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mall Shooting In Nebraska

Just read about this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7129906.stm

A gunman has opened fire in a shopping centre in the US state of Nebraska, killing eight people before fatally shooting himself, police say.

A further five people were wounded - two critically - in the shooting at the Westroads Mall in Omaha.
    Yikes.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Sounds like what we had happen here in Tacoma a few years back.
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Why couldn't the miserable sod have just offed himself instead of impacting so many families, and among the holidays no less?

God bless those families! May He give them peace and comfort!

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
        Why couldn't the miserable sod have just offed himself instead of impacting so many families, and among the holidays no less?

God bless those families! May He give them peace and comfort!
        Agreed. Terribly sad! Nothing to do but to offer up some prayers on their behalf.
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

I am just sickened by self-absorbed idiots who want to take innocent lives in their insane quest for fame or revenge. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
          TTFN

Comment

aparently , he was armed with a SKS fully auto rifle. WTF was he doing with a gun like that? Why didnt Bush extend the moritorium banning these types of guns from being sold, instead of just letting it expire...!!!

God help those poor poor families, i will pray for them tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
              aparently , he was armed with a SKS fully auto rifle. WTF was he doing with a gun like that? Why didnt Bush extend the moritorium banning these types of guns from being sold, instead of just letting it expire...!!!
              Yea, but "guns don't kill people; people kill people"
              or should that be "people with guns kill people"?
              Last edited by E.D. Morel; 06 Dec 07, 04:19.
              "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
              validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
              "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

God help those poor poor families, i will pray for them tonight.
                But, Galland, don't you know. Guns don't kill people, people kill people
                Guns or not the US seems to have more than it's share of wacko's

J
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The SKS isn't full-auto capable unless you illegally modify it, Since he obviously didn't care about the laws, I seriously doubt a ban would have stopped him.

And according to this, He stole it:
                  The woman Hawkins was staying with said she thinks he stole the weapon from his stepfather.

Outside of Hawkins' mother's home, Omaha police and a crew from the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were serving a search warrant in La Vista just before 10 p.m. It is believed the gun Hawkins used was stolen from the home. Agents searched trash cans and entered the split-level home through the basement. A K9 dog was also used.

Comment

So why did his stepfather have a weapon like that? oh man i give up, this argument will just go in circles forever, and wont do a damn thing to bring those people back....it just so [email protected]#%$&^g unfair..!

Comment

So why did his stepfather have a weapon like that? oh man i give up, this argument will just go in circles forever, and wont do a damn thing to bring those people back....it just so [email protected]#%$&^g unfair..!
                      Its a cheap and popular hunting/target shooting rifle, Those are perfectly legitimate uses for it.

If his stepdad didn't have the rifle, He could have gotten a gun any number of legal and illegal ways, Bought one from a drug dealer or gang member for example.

As to the dead, Yeah, Sucks that nine people where killed but there are 6 billion people on earth, More people are probably killed in automotive accidents every hour.
                      Last edited by the_redstar_swl; 06 Dec 07, 05:20.

Comment

As to the dead, Yeah, Sucks that nine people where killed but there are 6 billion people on earth, More people are probably killed in automotive accidents every hour.

Really good comparisonAutomobiles are designed to kill people!

HP
                        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by E.D. Morel View Post
                          Yea, but "guns don't kill people; people kill people"
                          or should that be "people with guns kill people"?
                          Amen Brother!! Well said.
                          "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

the dead remain dead only the living cry foul.

Comment

I hate how they show us pictures of the killer and tell us about their life. We get tons of info about them and speculation about why they acted the way they did.

I DON'T F**KING CARE

That's what the pathetic POS wants the media to do. They want people to know who they are. Some troubled douchebag later on might decide to do the same thing because of what he sees following these shootings.

I remember in Manhunter (original Red Dragon, starring Wiliam Petersen) they made up some stuff about the killer they were looking for. They said things like he might be a homosexual, impotent, and something about sex with his mother IIRC. Why not do something to discourage these scumbags instead of turning them into "heroes" for another killer to look up to?

Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X