No announcement yet.

Is the US a RACIST country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea for this thread came from a Larry King program were Shapton among others had a prominent roll. The man that impressed me the most was Larry Evers. Over here I get to see or hear little of the man but from my POV he tells it like it is. Jesse and co don't are to listen.

HP
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
      It is MUCH better to have them in the open...unfortunately, just like Televangelists, they rape people's minds and hearts, and it propagates hatred in the country.

You just answered why you can't let this kind of filth have free reign in your media and streets. Having this stuff in the open only makes it easier to breed and fester!!! You would not let a Devil Worshiping Group commit the sacrifice of virgins just to keep any eye on them!!!
      Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
      Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
      David Bowie

Comment

Someone asked if whites are more racist than blacks or other minorities in America. I'd like to put my own views into this specific question, having already tossed my hat into the general discussion of this thread.

So, are American whites more racist than American minorities?

I'd dare to say that white Americans are the least racist people in the country.

Okay, I can imagine that some Americans on this thread of differing ethnicities are scratching their heads, wondering what the hell I'm smoking. With all the oppression, with government support, that has happened in my country, where the hell am I getting the idea that the race that has done pretty much all the oppressing in this country is the least racist?

Stay with me. You might not like the next few paragraphs.

White Americans were quite racist, either by action or inaction. Considering that around 1920, membership in the KKK was in the millions, white people just were. Even FDR had a former Klan member as part of his so-called brain trust. Being in the KKK back then was no impediment to climbing the ladder. Members were elected to high levels of public office, so much so that most of the state government of Indiana in the 1920s was made up of Klan members. The situation was quite prevalent over much of the eastern half of the US. Back then, being in the Klan was socially acceptable. They were visible, active, violent, and people were okay with it.

What a difference 90 years make.

Where are they now?

Anyone who remembers the first episode of Chappelle's Show might recall a skit about a blind white supremacist who, being blind, doesn't know he's black. They might also remember a movie called O Brother, where art thou? Where the KKK are the bad guys, not heroes like say...in an old silent flick called Birth of a Nation. The KKK has been lampooned on South Park and in a Richard Pryor movie called Bustin' Loose. Richard Pryor was able to do that without so much fear that the KKK would come breaking down his door. And who were the scumbags in that movie A Time to Kill? I thought you'd guess it.

KKK membership is down to about 15,000 (as of 2000).

Indeed, what a difference 90 years make.

And are white people crying foul that these self-described "defenders of the white race" have become a sad, barely-literate parody of themselves? We're laughing right along with the minorities. We think it's funny. Why? Modern white Americans don't approve of this kind of behavior. Americans have done what any great nation must do to either become or remain great.

We've grown up.

Most white Americans would think about those images of segregation, redneck governors calling out their national guards to keep black kids out of schools, police turning attack dogs on demonstrators, and the Rodney King beating with revulsion. There are still bigots out there, mind you, but the vast majority of us simply think that such actions are beneath us.

You want to know why?

Too many of us have had black, Asian, or Latino friends, coworkers, or neighbors. We know each other now. We marry into each others' families (my white father and Hispanic mother come to mind).

This knocks white people down a few pegs on the racist ladder. If you are the kind of person who whines about the "white devil," the "white oppressor," or some such...ask yourselves...is it because of the way white people have treated you? How many white people did it? Did some white person call you a 'nigger' or a 'spic' or a 'gook' and you took that to meant that all white people share such an archaic view of other people? Did you base that opinion on what one person said? Did you not get to know other white people to ensure that most of us don't approve of talking to people that way?

Did you let one speak for us all?

Or did you see the news reports about Don Imus making a harmless joke (if you think it was more than a harmless joke, you need a hobby...badly) and think that white America hasn't progressed past the age of Jim Crow? Did you see the Rodney King beating and assume that all white police would have done the same thing? Did you see on the news that Kanye West (talk about someone you shouldn't listen to) in the wake of Hurricane Katrina say "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and just thoughtlessly agree, because he's a famous rapper and they never say anything for the sake of publicity (insert sarcastic giggle here)?

In other words, do you think that Americans are racist because the media told you so? If you're a minority American, with white friends and coworkers, whose experiences with white people has been not so different from anyone else, including your own ethnicity, do you get your ideas more from those you know or what you see on the news?

Do you think that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are always right, just because they profess to speak for you? Are you of Mexican descent, and think that any white person who opposes illegal immigration is racist, simply because they disagree with you?

So, my fellow honkeys, how many of you are racist? Not many. We just don't approve of that anymore. We dislike our own kind who do.

Welcome to America in the 21st century...the best time in history to be a minority in America.

I can say that. My mother is one.

Which makes me one. I'm a half-breed, a chicracker (chicano and cracker...). Call me what you will.

Now back to the issue at hand.

White people didn't have a million man march back in '95 to hear a race-baiter like Farakhan talk about the bloodsucking Jew.

It's people like Al Sharpton who suggest that white people shouldn't be allowed to talk about blacks a certain way, while saying that blacks should be able to say what they want about who they want.

Carlos Mencia has been accused of being racially insensitive because he jokes about racial stereotypes, while Dave Chappelle was lionized for doing the same thing, and Mencia isn't white.

It's okay to make fun of white people. We can take it. We have other things to do, like live our lives. If you think rappers can scream "kill whitey!" and Obama should be president simply because he's black and so are you, or that BET is okay but some white country music channel is racist...

If you think that Arizona was a state full of bigots simply because they didn't jump on the bandwagon and approve the Martin Luther King holiday, (neither did I. I think the holiday is a joke...ask me if you want to know why)...

If you think that white people are racist just for doing or saying something that you don't like...

If you think white people are racist because they think that affirmative action and equal opportunity employment are unfair to both races...

If you think that Russel Simmon's Def Comedy Jam, with all those slurs against white people, was funny as hell, but would slam a white comic who did the same thing...

If you think that arresting a black or Latino criminals constitutes racial profiling, regardless of the facts...

Guess what? You might be racist.

You heard it here.
        "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Lot of work there flyboy and you summed it up nicely...cuz iffn u's a chicracker i am too.

best
          CV

Comment

Rapier, I agree with you 100%.

One thing that totally irks me is when I am called a racist for opposing illegal immigration and wanting better border security ... yet some of my best friends happen to be Blacks and Hispanics.

on your post

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
              Geek...what part about the smilie at the end do you not comprehend? It was a joke. If you CONTINUE to read through the thread, you'll see that you are the only one that didn't get it.

Sorry old friend, but you are really skewed here.
              Fair enough CP...perhaps your smiley was a little subtle for me.
              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Nah, we hate everybody here equally, without regard to race, color, creed or sex..
                "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                  Nah, we hate everybody here equally, without regard to race, color, creed or sex..
                  I like to think of myself as an EOH, and Equal Opportunity Hater....
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

People in general, SUCK!
                    War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

• Originally posted by leatchy View Post
                      People in general, SUCK!
                      Why waste words!!

HP

Comment

• Excellent post Rapier. Agree 100%
                        "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
                        validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
                        "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

• Ok RF

PHP Code:
                          If you think that Arizona was a state full of bigots simply because they didn't jump on the bandwagon and approve the Martin Luther King holiday, (neither did I. I think the holiday is a joke...[COLOR="Red"]ask me if you want to know why)...[/COLOR] 

Comment

• Originally posted by RapierFighter View Post
                            Someone asked if whites are more racist than blacks or other minorities in America. I'd like to put my own views into this specific question, having already tossed my hat into the general discussion of this thread.

So, are American whites more racist than American minorities?

I'd dare to say that white Americans are the least racist people in the country.

Okay, I can imagine that some Americans on this thread of differing ethnicities are scratching their heads, wondering what the hell I'm smoking. With all the oppression, with government support, that has happened in my country, where the hell am I getting the idea that the race that has done pretty much all the oppressing in this country is the least racist?

Stay with me. You might not like the next few paragraphs.

White Americans were quite racist, either by action or inaction. Considering that around 1920, membership in the KKK was in the millions, white people just were. Even FDR had a former Klan member as part of his so-called brain trust. Being in the KKK back then was no impediment to climbing the ladder. Members were elected to high levels of public office, so much so that most of the state government of Indiana in the 1920s was made up of Klan members. The situation was quite prevalent over much of the eastern half of the US. Back then, being in the Klan was socially acceptable. They were visible, active, violent, and people were okay with it.

What a difference 90 years make.

Where are they now?

Anyone who remembers the first episode of Chappelle's Show might recall a skit about a blind white supremacist who, being blind, doesn't know he's black. They might also remember a movie called O Brother, where art thou? Where the KKK are the bad guys, not heroes like say...in an old silent flick called Birth of a Nation. The KKK has been lampooned on South Park and in a Richard Pryor movie called Bustin' Loose. Richard Pryor was able to do that without so much fear that the KKK would come breaking down his door. And who were the scumbags in that movie A Time to Kill? I thought you'd guess it.

KKK membership is down to about 15,000 (as of 2000).

Indeed, what a difference 90 years make.

And are white people crying foul that these self-described "defenders of the white race" have become a sad, barely-literate parody of themselves? We're laughing right along with the minorities. We think it's funny. Why? Modern white Americans don't approve of this kind of behavior. Americans have done what any great nation must do to either become or remain great.

We've grown up.

Most white Americans would think about those images of segregation, redneck governors calling out their national guards to keep black kids out of schools, police turning attack dogs on demonstrators, and the Rodney King beating with revulsion. There are still bigots out there, mind you, but the vast majority of us simply think that such actions are beneath us.

You want to know why?

Too many of us have had black, Asian, or Latino friends, coworkers, or neighbors. We know each other now. We marry into each others' families (my white father and Hispanic mother come to mind).

This knocks white people down a few pegs on the racist ladder. If you are the kind of person who whines about the "white devil," the "white oppressor," or some such...ask yourselves...is it because of the way white people have treated you? How many white people did it? Did some white person call you a 'nigger' or a 'spic' or a 'gook' and you took that to meant that all white people share such an archaic view of other people? Did you base that opinion on what one person said? Did you not get to know other white people to ensure that most of us don't approve of talking to people that way?

Did you let one speak for us all?

Or did you see the news reports about Don Imus making a harmless joke (if you think it was more than a harmless joke, you need a hobby...badly) and think that white America hasn't progressed past the age of Jim Crow? Did you see the Rodney King beating and assume that all white police would have done the same thing? Did you see on the news that Kanye West (talk about someone you shouldn't listen to) in the wake of Hurricane Katrina say "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and just thoughtlessly agree, because he's a famous rapper and they never say anything for the sake of publicity (insert sarcastic giggle here)?

In other words, do you think that Americans are racist because the media told you so? If you're a minority American, with white friends and coworkers, whose experiences with white people has been not so different from anyone else, including your own ethnicity, do you get your ideas more from those you know or what you see on the news?

Do you think that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are always right, just because they profess to speak for you? Are you of Mexican descent, and think that any white person who opposes illegal immigration is racist, simply because they disagree with you?

So, my fellow honkeys, how many of you are racist? Not many. We just don't approve of that anymore. We dislike our own kind who do.

Welcome to America in the 21st century...the best time in history to be a minority in America.

I can say that. My mother is one.

Which makes me one. I'm a half-breed, a chicracker (chicano and cracker...). Call me what you will.

Now back to the issue at hand.

White people didn't have a million man march back in '95 to hear a race-baiter like Farakhan talk about the bloodsucking Jew.

It's people like Al Sharpton who suggest that white people shouldn't be allowed to talk about blacks a certain way, while saying that blacks should be able to say what they want about who they want.

Carlos Mencia has been accused of being racially insensitive because he jokes about racial stereotypes, while Dave Chappelle was lionized for doing the same thing, and Mencia isn't white.

It's okay to make fun of white people. We can take it. We have other things to do, like live our lives. If you think rappers can scream "kill whitey!" and Obama should be president simply because he's black and so are you, or that BET is okay but some white country music channel is racist...

If you think that Arizona was a state full of bigots simply because they didn't jump on the bandwagon and approve the Martin Luther King holiday, (neither did I. I think the holiday is a joke...ask me if you want to know why)...

If you think that white people are racist just for doing or saying something that you don't like...

If you think white people are racist because they think that affirmative action and equal opportunity employment are unfair to both races...

If you think that Russel Simmon's Def Comedy Jam, with all those slurs against white people, was funny as hell, but would slam a white comic who did the same thing...

If you think that arresting a black or Latino criminals constitutes racial profiling, regardless of the facts...

Guess what? You might be racist.

You heard it here.
                            Assuming the following questions are valid...

'is it because of the way white people have treated you? How many white people did it? Did some white person call you a 'nigger' or a 'spic' or a 'gook' and you took that to meant that all white people share such an archaic view of other people? Did you base that opinion on what one person said? Did you not get to know other white people to ensure that most of us don't approve of talking to people that way?'

... then you have to consider exactly WHO you are asking them of. To find the truth regarding the USA's race problems you should add the following before each of the above questions...

AS AN AMERICAN...

In all your well researched and stated post you dont address the fact that racism is ALL America's problem, and not just those who exhibit such views. Your post shows a clear divide, between the 'whites' who have cleaned up their act and the 'blacks' who are still guilty of racism. The 'divide' itself is racist, because YOU should think not of 'the 'blacks' who are still guilty of racism', but 'the AMERICANS who are still guilty of racism'.

Gaz

Comment

• The 'divide' itself is racist, because YOU should think not of 'the 'blacks' who are still guilty of racism'
                              It only took 103 posts to get where I wanted to go.
                              Thank You GAZ

Is it still racist to think of people as pinko or Limy

J

Comment

• Originally posted by allsirgarnet View Post
                                Assuming the following questions are valid...

'is it because of the way white people have treated you? How many white people did it? Did some white person call you a 'nigger' or a 'spic' or a 'gook' and you took that to meant that all white people share such an archaic view of other people? Did you base that opinion on what one person said? Did you not get to know other white people to ensure that most of us don't approve of talking to people that way?'

... then you have to consider exactly WHO you are asking them of. To find the truth regarding the USA's race problems you should add the following before each of the above questions...

AS AN AMERICAN...

In all your well researched and stated post you dont address the fact that racism is ALL America's problem, and not just those who exhibit such views. Your post shows a clear divide, between the 'whites' who have cleaned up their act and the 'blacks' who are still guilty of racism. The 'divide' itself is racist, because YOU should think not of 'the 'blacks' who are still guilty of racism', but 'the AMERICANS who are still guilty of racism'.

Gaz
                                I didn't suggest that racism is not America's problem. Once some cracker uses the 'n' word, someone out there might assume that all white people would. That makes it my problem.

And I do think of all Americans who are guilty of racism. Trust me, I do. As an American, I can ill afford not to.

And considering that white America has been racist, and now by and large isn't, and blacks were the most oppressed (but I suppose that depends on whether you're an Indian or not...) and are now exhibiting bigoted qualities, while white racism once had the full support of the government while modern black racism enjoys the full support of the entertainment industry and the politically correct types...I think my so-called divide is fair. You are certainly entitled to your opinion that it is not. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

And back to the issue that racism is America's problem, not just of one group...

I never suggested that it was not everyone's problem. But then, I am doing what I can about the problem in question...

I am making sure that I am not part of it.

Which, if everyone did, would erase this problem from our country. I try to set an example by my conduct, and if certain white people don't get the message and remain bigoted towards blacks, then they are the ones causing the problem. If certain blacks decide to disregard my actions and assume that I am nothing but a cracker bigot deep down inside, then they are making their own contributions. What I am also suggesting is that the white person in question will be judged harshly for his opinions, while the black person in question will be able to play the part of the downtrodden minority and won't be judged so harshly for theirs.

Both sides need to get their heads straight to end this racism problem. And this time, black Americans are not only contributing to the problem, but they're doing so right in the faces of whites who are not.

That was the point of my post.

Any further interpretation is on you.
                                "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X