Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time!

Pro-Bush Artwork!

Is anyone surprised this guy had a hard time finding a gallery to show his art? I guess it's only considered art if it denigrates religion, the flag, or conservative family values.

This is completely typical of the exclusivity of the left and their intolerance of other points of view.

Thank God they don't have a corner on the creativity market!

Oh yeah...thanks for that Curt.

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs
      This is completely typical of the exclusivity of the left and their intolerance of other points of view.
      Anybody other than a pure centrist is going to be intolerant to a degree. What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Schenkel
        Anybody other than a pure centrist is going to be intolerant to a degree. What's your point?
        My point is, if this was a painting of a terrorist taking a dump on the American flag, it would be embraced by the art community as "Bold", "Cutting Edge", and "Art at its most evocative".

Because it portrays our current administration as heroes and defenders of our nation and way of life, it is summarily dismissed as propaganda or anything BUT art.

THAT is my point.

Comment

You know I can't figure out why it wasn't displayed before, cause I think the art sucks; and these gallery people seem to love art that sucks.

(BTW, I don't think it sucks becuase of its message, Bush is good, but just the style its done in.)
          "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McBride
            (BTW, I don't think it sucks becuase of its message, Bush is good, but just the style its done in.)
            The style...where have I seen that style before? Oh yeah...here

...and here!

The exact same style. Notice the heroic stance, the proudly clutched flag, and the look of righteous determination?
            Attached Files
            I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

I think i agree with Curt. The art is done by an individual not is not commissioned by the government, so i wouldn't call it propaganda in that regard. However, you could certainly class it in the genre of propaganda art, if such a genre exists. The fact that arty farty types have not wanted to exhibit it is no big deal, they have the right to exhibit what they want and they arbitrarily knock back other artists because they don't like it or agree with the message. I'm sure the artist will find somewhere to hang it now he has the publicity, he's probably laughing all the way to the bank as we speak.
              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Because it portrays our current administration as heroes and defenders of our nation and way of life, it is summarily dismissed as propaganda or anything BUT art.
                I just wanted to prove you right...for a change...
                I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                  :flag: I'm blessed!:flag:

Comment

:flag: I'm blessed!:flag:

Enjoy it while it lasts, and maybe even buy a lotto ticket. These things don't happen often...

Comment

Pro-Bush Artwork!

Is anyone surprised this guy had a hard time finding a gallery to show his art? I guess it's only considered art if it denigrates religion, the flag, or conservative family values.

Thank God they don't have a corner on the creativity market!
                      Reminds of another painting:

Art is a matter of perception. I don't feel a depiction of our president on a horse dressed in a black robe with the flag in one hand and the head of Osama Bin Laden in the other is an accurate portrayal of the ideals you proposed, or why we've departed from some of our most cherished beliefs (the preservation of life and peace) to stupe down to a level closer to our worst enemy.

For me, I choose the Sept. 11 stamp. I'm certain you've seen it Curt since I think the military got to preview it first. I just got lucky a few months back.

For me, that image upholds the America I believe we must fight for. Not one driven by vengence, but justice and righteousness. That's all we have to seperate us from the Bin Ladens, and it should not be a liberal ideal to defend it using restraint and justice instead of violence.

Of course, that is just my low opinion.
                      Attached Files
                      "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

...and here!

The exact same style. Notice the heroic stance, the proudly clutched flag, and the look of righteous determination?
                        Reminded me more of a painting of Napoleon I saw once...
                        "Have you forgotten the face of your father?"

Comment

art

actually, it is not too bad, if perhaps a bit naive form.

hey, I actually LIKED soviet era propaganda paint and WW2 propaganda paint (nazi and Allied like were the same style)

I believe poeple who know art call this style Futurist (mainly Italian and Russian) and neo-classicist. but I don't know art so I don't know (but I do like the smell of napalm in the morning... )

although not my tiype of political views and expression, i think it is nice to see this.. and if few art gallery want to portray this it is perhaps because it is not of great artistic value, but then again, it is in the eye of the beholder.

my take. the guy is a smart, artistic, who will make some good moeny selling the stuff on ebay into the biblebay... my 2cents: GO FOR IT!
                          "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

[Placing the back of my hand on Jam's forehead] You feelin' alright dude?

Comment

...and here!

Heh yea my thoughts exactly. Has anyone else EVER seen the leader of a democracy portayed in art like this? I saw some similar artwork portraying John Howard in Australia but the key difference was it was ironic LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X