Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I Be Stoned To Death (or) Be Labeled A Blasphemer?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I Be Stoned To Death (or) Be Labeled A Blasphemer?????

If I say after all these years, that when I watch them on TV again now, I just don't get The Three Stooges anymore & I don't find them funny anymore?

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
    If I say after all these years, that when I watch them on TV again now, I just don't get The Three Stooges anymore & I don't find them funny anymore?
    your the biggest spammer duke
    http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
      Must be honest, I've never ever found them funny.

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
        "Out of the mouths of Babes." Well done 150935!~
        "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by 150935 View Post
          Spamming or sperming?
          Ooops.
          That's another thread.
          Anyway, I think talking about the Three Stooges is a great topic.
          I feel that Duke and I communicate on a very narrow intellectual plane from time to time.
          The Three Stooges are my favorite comedians besides Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, Andrew "Dice" Clay, and Psycho here at the forums.
          I know the Stooge's stuff gets repetitive.
          So does pizza.
          But once in a while, the Three Stooges are just what we need!
          Hi Duke.
          Good thread.
          Happy Holidays.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Is it possible to just deliberately set Duke's post count at 5000 now?

Or, for that matter, let us all get in a chuckle, and set it back to 1
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
              Seconded.

Comment

brilliant!

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
                Is it possible to just deliberately set Duke's post count at 5000 now?

Well some folks turn off their rep, we could turn off the Duke's post count and replace his rank with something more zen, maybe a Budha image?
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Why, Paul... he'll still only be a 4 star at 5000?

And another thing, mates... this is the barracks...

If it isn't stirring up trouble... a thread about the 3 Stooges isn't spam...

It could as easily have been started by Slug or any number of other members.

To stir up trouble about it could very well be considered spam, though.

If you have a problem with it... walk on by!

Last edited by Admiral; 01 Dec 07, 22:39.
                  On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                    Spamming or sperming?
                    Ooops.
                    That's another thread.
                    Anyway, I think talking about the Three Stooges is a great topic.
                    I feel that Duke and I communicate on a very narrow intellectual plane from time to time.
                    The Three Stooges are my favorite comedians besides Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, Andrew "Dice" Clay, and Psycho here at the forums.
                    I know the Stooge's stuff gets repetitive.
                    So does pizza.
                    But once in a while, the Three Stooges are just what we need!
                    Hi Duke.
                    Good thread.
                    Happy Holidays.

Some of the Three Stooges stuff is truly inspired and hysterically funny. Del Lord was one of the integral parts of their slap-stick silliness. Had Columbia Pictures treated them like "Abbot and Costello" and given them top billing, the way that Universal did, they would have surpassed them by far. Moe truly was the brains of the operation, but his Brother's Shemp and Curly (Jerry) were important contributers as was Larry Fine.
                    "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
                      Seconded.
                      Third
                      http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

I don't know. The Duke might have a good one here. I seem to fluctuate with how I feel about the Stooges. Some times I can watch them and laugh my ass off. Other times, eh.

I guess you have to be in a Stooge mood, and if you are they're great!
                        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                          I don't know. The Duke might have a good one here. I seem to fluctuate with how I feel about the Stooges. Some times I can watch them and laugh my ass off. Other times, eh.

I guess you have to be in a Stooge mood, and if you are they're great!
                          In a kinder, simpler time, the Stooge's slapstick was incredible. It's a little like watching the humor of "I Love Lucy". The writing, the acting, and the staging were the medium of laughter. Now, it seems, that laughter must come from "blue" comedy. Bill Cosby must be crying.
                          My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Originally posted by holly6 View Post
                            In a kinder, simpler time, the Stooge's slapstick was incredible. It's a little like watching the humor of "I Love Lucy". The writing, the acting, and the staging were the medium of laughter. Now, it seems, that laughter must come from "blue" comedy. Bill Cosby must be crying.
                            I still prefer the old, well crafted comedy over a lot of today's stuff. I watch TCM as often as possible, even as far back as Harold Lloyd and Buster Keaton.

Those guys were masters.
                            ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                            ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

I loved them when I was a pre-adolescent then I gradually thought "meh, so what, crude comedy, what's the point?" as I became an intellectual snob. THEN middle age set in...and I finally appreciated their artistry and get a genuine chuckle though I don't break out in the hysterical laughter as I did at 11 years old.
                              I often think how much easier the world would have been to manage if Herr Hitler and Signor Mussolini had been at Oxford. Lord Halifax

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X