X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time...

Originally posted by A Friend
    minorities

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
    • They travel miles in the heat.
    • They risk their lives crossing a border.
    • They don't get paid enough wages.
    • They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
    • They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
    • They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.
    I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans;
    I'm talking about our troops!
    Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are now threatening to defund them?

Please pass this on; this is worth the short time it takes to read it.
    I concur!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

I have read that too mate, I agree with your sentiments!
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

Comment

I'll go with that. Lets start with doing away with the VA budget cuts. You know, that fine group of people that take care of the troops once they are wounded and can no long serve.

HP
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

The idea isn't new but why don't we take ALL the politicians, lobbyist and members of PAC and but them in uniform and send then to Iraq for just ONE tour, 15 months, Army style.
        They surely won't be missed in DC, other than the Government might start functioning. After their little taste of reality give them their old jobs back.
        I wonder how many would have a different POV?

Comment

Right on
          "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
          "

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
            The idea isn't new but why don't we take ALL the politicians, lobbyist and members of PAC and but them in uniform and send then to Iraq for just ONE tour, 15 months, Army style.
            They surely won't be missed in DC, other than the Government might start functioning. After their little taste of reality give them their old jobs back.
            Nice idea, but as soon as somebody suggested it you would see the fasted law in the world passed saying that uniform service is illegal for serving members of Congress. The vote wouldn't be unanimous, but it would be very close.
            Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
            If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

We don't even have to go that far. Just send them to Hoenfels or Grafenwohr in November. NTC is real nice in August...
              If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I don't want any of those perfumed princes defending me!!

They surely won't be missed in DC,
                I would agree with this.

Comment

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I'll go with that. Lets start with doing away with the VA budget cuts. You know, that fine group of people that take care of the troops once they are wounded and can no long serve.

HP
                    There was a documentary about this very thing last week. Appalling treatment and it's no better over here. There's a systematic narrowing of the spectrum of symptoms associated with post traumatic stress disorder which had been physiologically proven to be brain damage caused by an overload of 'fear chemicals' for the want of a better word. This damage is irreversible. My father suffered PTSD. In the end, he drank himself to death.
                    We're happy enough to send them off to risk their lives for all kinds of reasons. Then we sweep them under the rug when they can't get back to 'normal' lives.
                    Cheers Admiral.
                    The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
                    Sideshow Bob.

Comment

A well deserved hommage to the fredom fighters. I can't express how greatfull I'm to all of those that take on this huge mission.
                      All warfare is based on deception.
                      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Please, please tell me we're not going to do this to our boys (and girls) again.
                        All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                          Nice idea, but as soon as somebody suggested it you would see the fasted law in the world passed saying that uniform service is illegal for serving members of Congress. The vote wouldn't be unanimous, but it would be very close.

Of course it wouldn't be unanimous, we could never get all those self serving parasites to show up at the same time.

HP

Comment

[QUOTE=Miss.Saigon;809429]
                            I don't want any of those perfumed princes defending me!!

I think after the first round hits they might be in need of a change and not just perfume.

HP

Comment

Amen! The troops deserve our support, there and at home. The same penny-pinching collections of dung-swallowers who send them in harms way won't pay to correct the damage they do to those who must obey!

Support for the government, different question.
                              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X