60's relapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60's relapse

I think we have gone into a 1960's relaspe. Were caught in an endless war with a gurillea army. Weve got clueless leaders. We teenager's are smarter the the adults made clearly by this video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6W3T...eature=related

What do you guys think
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Hey I've got an idea, let's drive up to Woodstock and grove on some music man.
    Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
    If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
      I think we have gone into a 1960's relaspe. Were caught in an endless war with a gurillea army. We teenager's are smarter the the adults

Yes, the youth of the sixties were particularly smart about their fashion and hair styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
        Yes, the youth of the sixties were particularly smart about their fashion and hair styles.

well compared to today...
        "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
        "

Comment

I think we have gone into a 1960's relaspe. Were caught in an endless war with a gurillea army. Weve got clueless leaders. We teenager's are smarter the the adults made clearly by this video.

What do you guys think
          Since the largest part of this forum is made up of people over 30, what do you think. Could just be it isn't the leader that is clueless. Teenagers are always smarter than adults, until they themselves become adults and realize just how dumb they were. Don't worry you'll not remain a teenage for all your life, one day u 2 can be a dumb adult and have to rasie a teenage.

HP
          "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Where did you find that old picture of me?
            Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
            If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

I came upon a child of god
              He was walking along the road
              And I asked him, where are you going
              And this he told me
              Im going on down to yasgurs farm
              Im going to join in a rock n roll band
              Im going to camp out on the land
              Im going to try an get my soul free
              We are stardust
              We are golden
              And weve got to get ourselves
              Back to the garden

Then can I walk beside you
              I have come here to lose the smog
              And I feel to be a cog in something turning
              Well maybe it is just the time of year
              Or maybe its the time of man
              I dont know who l am
              But you know life is for learning
              We are stardust
              We are golden
              Back to the garden

By the time we got to woodstock
              We were half a million strong
              And everywhere there was song and celebration
              And I dreamed I saw the bombers
              Riding shotgun in the sky
              And they were turning into butterflies
              Above our nation
              We are stardust
              Billion year old carbon
              We are golden
              Caught in the devils bargain
              Back to the garden

Woodstock - Joni Mitchell (alltough I prefer CSN&Y's version)
              The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
              ----
              We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Amazing, I watched the first 20 seconds, but couldn't do it any longer.

Oh the humanity.

I hope Canadian comics don't get ahold of this footage. Although they're usually not nearly as mean.

I'm appalled, saddened, shocked, horrified. Those people have weapons of mass destruction too. God is that scary or what. I don't think international terrorism realizes the true danger of who they are messing with.
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

that whole outfit is a acid trip
                  "

Comment

What do you guys think
                    Business as usual.

- We have always been at war with someone or other, and we always will be. (Assume that you mean "America" or "Western Society" by "we".) There's always someone we hate, and there's always someone who hates us.

- Leaders always appear to be clueless to the citizens they lead.

- Teenagers always believe they are smarter than adults.

That's just the way the world works. Best you can hope for is to die in your sleep.
                    "I am not an atomic playboy."
                    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

"- Teenagers always believe they are smarter than adults."

This process usually begins to reverse itself when they have to start providing for themselves. Or when someone realizes what the term 'self-respect' truly means.

Great picture of the 70's guy.

Comment

60's & early 70's styles are back. Shag carpet has returned. I talked with a guy at Carpet Giant a week or 2 ago & he mentioned that. I see black kids with Link style big fros, & Pink Floyd, Zep & the Dead are big with under 18 yr olds, Hendrix too.

Has anyone noticed the Starsky & Hutch & Mod Squad & Avengers remakes? Hollywood runnin out of ideas?, or retro just the cool thing & they are cashing in? Tarantino may have started it.

Having said that, punk & metal, never really went away. In Chicago the "Jam band" thing, ( long jams al la early 70's late 60's sort of trip), has been happenin for awhile.

Haven't seen bell bottoms though, or overbig droopy sunglasses.
                        Last edited by Purple fang; 03 Jan 08, 19:03.

Comment

My son borrowed my copy of Led Zeppelin the story remains the same. He liked it. It worries me, I thought I understood him at least a bit
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Peace out! Like, gnarley? Wait, that was a different decade.
                            TTFN

Comment

We teenager's are smarter the the adults made clearly by this video.

What do you guys think
                              I think you'll get your turn in a couple of decades, and then all of us Senior Citizens to be will grumble about our healthcare and prescriptions and how you all have dorked it up. It's a neverending cycle my friend.
                              Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X