How you want to live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How you want to live

In contrast to the "How you want to to die" thread . . .

OK, if you're like most, you probably feel restricted in many ways. Lack of money, lack of time, lack of hedonistic pleasures; too many rules and regulations; too much fear or worry; and so on. But what if you could rid yourself of all that and live the kind of life you'd really like to live?

What would life be like for you, if it could be any way you wanted it?
    --Patrick Carroll

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)

I would like to be a historical fiction author like Richard Cornwell, combining two passions into a life's work.

Comment

I would own a small brewery that would turn out nothing but great tasting ales and stouts.

I would still be married to the woman that puts up with me now.

I would be able to travel to all the great fishing spots.

I would go to college because I never have and study history.

And I would own season tickets to Ohio State football games.

That's it.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I'd be an Ichthyologist specializing in research on Oceanic Whitetip sharks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceanic_whitetip
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I'm happy right now.
          If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

I always fancied being on the interview panel for a high-class brothel....
            I’m not sure how long I’d live but damn, it would more about quality than quantity in that life.
            "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their
            validity." - Abraham Lincoln.
            "Nothing's going to change while one side it lying about the cause and the other is lying about the solution" - Me

Comment

I wouldn't change a damn thing now.

Well maybe a few minor things, but even then, all the experiences of life. And they've been good and bad to me. But worth every step.
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Either lying in bed with my woman when not tending the stock...

or

leading a US Cavalry Regiment...

since the eyes won't allow the later anymore then i'll just make gawdamn do with the former.

next

Comment

I like this idea for a thread. I would like to be a alternete history author like Harry Turtledove, or write TV/Movie scripts
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

I'm living a life beyond what I had ever dreamed growing-up poor. I had a successful military career, a currently successful career as a contractor supporting the finest military officers in the world, have been married to the love of my life for almost 19 years, and have two awesome kids.

Most of all, though, I found Jesus Christ and gave this wonderful life to him 7 years ago this past October. He's taken my life one step beyond awesome and has me giving thanks daily.

Comment

Ironically I can answer the question in the future vs the past.

But my options are so open to me that I can probably live my life out in more ways than I can imagine.
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Move back out to the country . . .

Actually read all the books in my heap.
                        Buy new ones.
                        Travel to places I find interesting, not just places I get paid to go.
                        Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

I'm doing all right now. I love my wife, my kids and my dog. I have a great job. I live in Virginia. Life doesn't get better than this.
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Travel around the world, first class if I choose and see the sights and meet the people.
                            Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                            If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

It's always good to have more money.
                              Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X