No announcement yet.

Anyone here thats good with computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here thats good with computers?

I bought Call of Duty 4 and had it installed, but when I try and play it, it says "video card or driver does not support alpha blending."

What in the heck does this mean? And is there some way to fix it?
    I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

If you're lucky it's enough to install the latest drivers for your GPU, if your unlucky you'll have to buy a new GPU.

What GPU is it in your PC?
    The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----
    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by McCoy View Post
      If you're lucky it's enough to install the latest drivers for your GPU, if your unlucky you'll have to buy a new GPU.

What GPU is it in your PC?
      ..uh...whats a GPU? (Sorry, i suck with computers)
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Sorry!
        GPU = Graphics Processing Unit
        PSU = Power Supply Unit
        CPU = Processor

It's three common abreviations, n' GPU simply means video card.
        The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
        ----

Comment

Go hunting for new drivers, as McCoy says, this may resolve the problem.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Drivers won't help. You probably have onboard graphics or some junk like a Trident.

What does dxdiag say about your card?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwolf View Post
              What does dxdiag say about your card?
              I've no clue what that is.....I'm guessing a website or some utility program..........I'm betting he has no clue what that is also
              As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
              Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                I've no clue what that is.....I'm guessing a website or some utility program..........I'm betting he has no clue what that is also
                DXDiag is short for DirectX Diagnosis.

Dr. S.
                Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I need you to step in n' help him out as I've to sleep. I'm leening on that his card won't support it but I'm trying to help him through PM to see what GPU he's got in the computer.
                  ----

Comment

I think you might have to upgrade your graphics card.
                    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

G'Night you all! Take care of Waffle for me now!
                      ----

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
                        Yeah, and I have no idea where to find the directXdia... I'm computer retarded. I don't know too much about my own computer since it was given to me by a friend. I'd say it was made in 2005 or 2006, and it uses XP, since Vista was a piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
                          Yeah, and I have no idea where to find the directXdia... I'm computer retarded. I don't know too much about my own computer since it was given to me by a friend. I'd say it was made in 2005 or 2006, and it uses XP, since Vista was a piece of crap.
                          And can i ask what this "card you all speak of is?

Comment

DirectX Diagnostics

Open the System Information application as shown:

In the System Information dialog box select the Tools menu

DirectX Diagnostics is the last item.
                            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                              Open the System Information application as shown:

In the System Information dialog box select the Tools menu

DirectX Diagnostics is the last item.
                              Got another pic? lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X