England fail AGAIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England fail AGAIN?

The following are 'live' comments posted at the BBC during the current England - Croatia football match....

'From where I'm sitting, I see grown men with their hands in front of their eyes. Scott Carson fumbles Luka Modric's shot but somehow gets away with it. It's a horror show. Steve McClaren is writing notes - I'll leave you to guess what he might be writing'

'Scott Carson swings his boot at a clearance and delivers the ball straight back to the opposition. Someone put him out of his misery'

'You lot are harsh. But fair. Scott Carson has 2.71 on the BBC website's interactive Player Rater. That's out of 10 by the way'

As you can see the England goalkeeper is having a BIT of a bad time...

Now, as a loyal Englishman who loves his footie, i would ask the following...

On their recent (and current) form, do Endland deserve to go through?

Do we/they need a new manager/head coach?

Just what needs to be done for England to win ANYTHING?

All comments, at home or away, cynical or reasoned, supportive or taking the ****... MOST welcome!

regards

Gaz (Arsenal supporter... so not everythings gloomy)

I'm a great fan of english football, and I just can't understand how you guys can do so wrong with your national squad, you have great players but haven't won a major tournament in like 40 years...

Comment

OH NO I CAN"T WATCH and English/French Love fest
      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

England arent a bad team but their fans sometimes buy into the drivel their media print about the team. They are over hyped and they arent THAT good. But I'd still like to see them qualify
        "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

"Oakland Raiders: Committed to Excellence"

Comment

The player material certainly exist but I think that MacLaren must do something wrong when he can't get 'em to pull in the same direction! It's a shame but that's the only explanation I can give. Oh, n' English tabloid press is one of the nasties in the world n' that could create bad confidence in the team!

As it is now the English team don't deserve to get a ticket to the Euro cup.
          The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
          ----
          We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
            you have great players
            We do? I always thought of them as overpaid, thick, mollycoddled whiners.
            Winnie says
            ---------------------------------
            "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
            Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
              Ah for god sake Gazza's retired hasnt he?
              "The Eastern front is like a house of cards. If the front is broken through at one point all the rest will collapse."- General Heinz Guderian

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post

I think that applies to most of the national teams and pro sports in general.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

I think it is all a sinister Scottish plot, even the goalkeeper sounds Scottish.
                  "To be free is better than to be unfree - always."

Comment

Well, obviously this is not the kind of thread that an American can respond to...

but I will. Just to have an American flag on this thread. Call it an ego thing.

Don't bother reading this. It doesn't say anything.

I hate sports.
                    "Yellowstain!"

Comment

I hate sports too, and I know I ought to be terribly patriotic when it comes to England playing football - but I really can't dredge up the enthusiasm and the first thing that occurs to me when I hear that our substandard team are out is - "whoopee!". Because at least now we won't have to endure the endless speculation and crappy singles released during the finals!

Dr. S.
                      Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Oh well....first things first.

Well done Croatia, your team played well and deserved to win.

Now on to the England team.

With the exception of Crouch and Beckham, I have no sympathy for any of them......They were the poorest England team I've ever seen in nearly half a century.
                        They were so poor I'm actually not upset we didn't qualify

I'm a little confused as to why Lampard got the man of the match award, part from the penalty did he actually kick the ball ???????????

advertisement:
                        Wanted, new manager for a crap football team

Comment

I Have But Two Words To Say On This Subject

Manchester United!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                            OH NO I CAN"T WATCH and English/French Love fest
                            ROFL !!

Comment

Originally posted by RapierFighter View Post
                              Well, obviously this is not the kind of thread that an American can respond to...

but I will. Just to have an American flag on this thread. Call it an ego thing.

Don't bother reading this. It doesn't say anything.

I hate sports.
                              Just to have an american flag on a thread??? If this isnt a joke its completely sad

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X