Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Idea

Been thinking on this for a While.

2 people get together and Role Play a war. But not as a game but book.

each commander can add commanders if they like.

What is your thoughts on this idea.
    Maj. Gewi Redhawks Jones Jr.

Civil War RPG

Hold the line. Hold the line we few men will kill whats in front. Its our Division that will hold or we all die. I say hold this Line

Originally posted by Maj Gewi Redhaw View Post

I don't understand it

Comment

A entire book of "Ok, I'm having my army in the north lands attack downwards in a pincer movement, That should give me a +2 to my battle role." "No, You troops would be moving through the swamps which would negate it." "Oh." ? I'll pass on it.

Comment

lol its kool

What i was asking was.
        what do you think about a book that was Role Played.
        The people would pick a War, then Role Play it but in a book.
        They would have command of the Army and they can have people join in under them if they feel they need help.

Civil War RPG

Hold the line. Hold the line we few men will kill whats in front. Its our Division that will hold or we all die. I say hold this Line

Comment

Thank the_redstar_swl thats good

Civil War RPG

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
            A entire book of "Ok, I'm having my army in the north lands attack downwards in a pincer movement, That should give me a +2 to my battle role." "No, You troops would be moving through the swamps which would negate it." "Oh." ? I'll pass on it.
            that kinda sounds like miltary D&D
            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
            "

Comment

I get the role play part, I don't get the book part, which seems fixed. Being a book and all. Unless you are supposed to write it as you play?

Comment

yea something like that.

Civil War RPG

Comment

This is some what and idea what im talking about

1st Osage Cavalry
                  1st Cherokee Cavalry
                  2nd Cherokee Cavalry

Each are 1000 men strong, and carry shotguns with sabers and palmetto
                  pistols.

As my Cherokee and Osage Cavalry men near Bowling Green the 1st Osage
                  formed 4 lines of Skirmish. 250 men each line.
                  The 1st Cherokee came into Bowling Green in Two lines. Each line is
                  500 men.
                  The 2nd Cherokee came into Bowling Green 1n one Column 500 men. 500
                  men will go in dismounted as Skirmish.

They all go in at the ready. As we go into the city give the people
                  hell. As we get to town Square we a group of Yankees. God knows what
                  units i was not told. All I find is Heavy Defensive Positions. Around
                  2000 men. Boy my men really gave them hell.

As the 1st Osage came in and was at the ready with shotgun and pistols.
                  First wave came in firing at will.
                  Second wave came in on the north of town firing at will.
                  Third wave came in on the west of town firing at will.
                  Fourth wave came in on the east of town firing at will.
                  As we fought the Feds. were doing good a little bit. Until we sent
                  into the third and fourth wave. They lost 500 men in all four waves.
                  Before we sent in the 1st Cherokee.
                  I sent them in on the North and South end of town.
                  and I Sent in the 2nd Cherokee on the west and east end of town.
                  1st Cherokee came in with sabers out and ready to kill.
                  with these two waves of the 1st Cherokee the Feds. Started to rout.
                  The stupid people ran to the east of town. They got what they asked
                  for. 2nd Cherokee Ready Aim Fire. Fire at will. Charge!

Civil War RPG

Comment

That would be a Brigade with in a Division. Plus it would not be me writing.
                    Im just giving a Idea for starters

Civil War RPG

Comment

Most rolegaming designs are spawned from some person's rolegaming group.

After a period of gaming time, the world ends up being fleshed out. I believe the Forgotten Realms from the Dungeons and Dragons setting is a good example of this process.

Then, it becomes a target for authors to write novels based on the setting. Eventually it becomes hard to say what came first the fiction or the game.

But, co authoring a book is a tricky matter at best, and usually is a planned project, not a written account of a totally random experience.

I highly doubt writing a book as a form of roleplay will fly. Think of it like this, ever seen a thread story where everyone is invited to write in what comes next?
                      After about 10 entries, your chances of it looking anything like what the thread starter had in mind are usually slight if anything close at all.

Here's an example, you begin at Gettysburg. The troops that were actually there ARE there. You are in command of one side. You write an interesting opening piece. I respond with a description of an alien intervention. Poof there goes your story right out into left field. And every time you try to put it back on course, I respond with something utterly weird. For instance the aliens are defeated when time traveling people from the future arrive.

Anything more rigid than that, is not roleplaying a war. Eventually you have to decide, if you want to co author a book, then coauthor a book, and forget roleplaying it.
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I would not mind co author a book.

Civil War RPG

Comment

Been thinking on this for a While.

2 people get together and Role Play a war. But not as a game but book.

each commander can add commanders if they like.

Role playing typically requires a "game master". The game master creates the scenario and adds details and new options as the events unfold. Without such a person, this idea will not be as effective.
                          Battles are dangerous affairs... Wang Hsi

Comment

Its not a game though. I want to make a book.
                            then again i host two games myself.

Civil War RPG

Comment

Its not a game though. I want to make a book.
                              then again i host two games myself.
                              I strongly suggest you decide which it's going to be then

Either write a book, or design a game.

By the way, D&D Dragons, is a game, which is a book, and because it is a book, it needed an author. But Gary Gygax never set out to make the writing of the game book into a game. He wrote the book so you could use the book to understand the game. But the game is just the game, the game isn't the book.

If your desire is to produce a book, then write it.
                              Life is change. Built models for decades.
                              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X