UN Bureaucrats Issue Even Newer and More Dire Global Warming Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UN Bureaucrats Issue Even Newer and More Dire Global Warming Warning

The purveyors of this junk science are guilty of fraud on such a scale that it rises to the level of a crime against humanity. The UN Secretary General managed to conflate three totally unrelated bits of junk science under the auspices of global warming in his idiotic comments…

...Ban said a new agreement should provide funding to help poor countries develop clean energy resources, adapt to climate conditions and give them the technology to help themselves.

He said he witnessed the devastation of climate change in disappearing glaciers of Antarctica, the deforested Amazon and under the ozone hole in Chile.

"These scenes are as frightening as a science fiction movie," said Ban. "But they are even more terrifying because they are real." LINK
    This is nothing more than a hyped-up advertisement for the Bali talks and nothing less that the mother-of-all attempts to swindle wealth from Western Civilization to Third-Rate Tin-Horn Third-World Dictators... ad infinitum
    Last edited by The Doctor; 18 Nov 07, 06:40.
    Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Can someone give me a nudge when the sky falls?
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Don't sit on the fence Doc tell us what you really think.
      Winnie says
      ---------------------------------
      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
      Herr Flick.

Comment

Just another good reason to drink more heavily.

best
        CV

Comment

So, if "Global Warming" is true, then I won't have to burn so much firewood this winter. Sounds like a "win-win" situation to me!!
          "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Booooooooooring.

Stop whining that some people might be interested in pooching your economy (considering it's already looking kinda screwed from other nutcases doing their own thing already).

What are your solutions to living on this planet with it's evolving climate that clearly is evolving regardless of who or what is responsible?

I mean, it IS changing, and not all for the better. Or do you dispute that it isn't even evolving
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I've heard radio guys talking about the multiweek long Bali convention and the tons of fossil fuels and dollars and the fossil fuel required to earn the money that was taxed and contributed to the UN to pay for it...........not a peep about that inconvienent truth on the news though.

Why don't they just stay in New York.....are they afraid it will snow them out like Gores little shindig last year?
              As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
              Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                Don't sit on the fence Doc tell us what you really think.
                (Places hands over ears and shouts) Ladi-ladi-ladi!!!

I think that a very important scientific discipline has been hijacked by a bunch of idiot-bureaucrats...Or at least the public mouthpiece for that discipline has been hijacked.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change traces its roots back to a 1985 meeting between the UN Environmental Program and the International Council of Scientific Unions under the auspices of International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in Laxenberg, Austria. The IIASA had long been known as a sort of a cultural exchange center where representatives of the then communist part of the world could sit around with like-minded western scientists and discuss ways in which they could fuse the concepts of “sustainable development” and “from each according to his abilities; to each according to his needs.”
                Last edited by The Doctor; 18 Nov 07, 06:20.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Well well well....... I must say that I think myself to be quite clever..... Since I never believed that it was any green house effect while all my teacher and fellow students believed it.
                  It is interesting how almost the entire society believes almost everything a politician says.
                  The world is mad : I constantly hear : global warming , global warming , greenhouse effect , global warming.
                  I am getting so tired off it!
                  “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Erkki...There is a "greenhouse effect." Without it, the Earth would be mostly uninhabitable.

My problem is that there is no scientific evidence that human greenhouse gas emissions are causing global warming. And there is no evidence that even rather large changes in atmospheric CO2 concentrations have ever caused climate change at any time in the last 600 million years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                      Erkki...There is a "greenhouse effect." Without it, the Earth would be mostly uninhabitable.

My problem is that there is no scientific evidence that human greenhouse gas emissions are causing global warming. And there is no evidence that even rather large changes in atmospheric CO2 concentrations have ever caused climate change at any time in the last 600 million years.
                      Comes off sounding like a person arguing inside a burning building, that as there is no evidence of arson, the fire having not been set by arson is not actually burning. And further, that buildings don't spontaneously burst into flame, any argument declaring the building is indeed burning is stupid.

Meanwhile the building is on fire, and no one seems interested in putting out the flames, or at least trying to contain it, or in any way trying to deal with it. Not to mention not getting out of the burning building.

In a barbaric sort of way, I'm actually looking forward to the next hurricane to hit New Orleans. "Don't worry people, your city is flooded, but at least we didn't cause this".
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post

My fault...... Seems like I have expressed myself inaccurate and mixed things up .
                        What I meant was that I never believed that it was mad by man and that it was strange that the world was heating up.

I also think that there are some people who are making profit out off this " global warming"
                        Some car companies most make money when they sell nature friendly cars.
                        And others when the sell "nature friendly" products.

Fell free to correct me if I am wrong again.
                        There are difference of being a foul that don´t know and refuses to learn and a foul who don´t know and want to learn.
                        Last edited by Erkki; 18 Nov 07, 08:11. Reason: spell
                        “For there is nothing more serious than a lunatic when he comes to the central point of his lunacy.”

Max Sterner

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
                          Comes off sounding like a person arguing inside a burning building, that as there is no evidence of arson, the fire having not been set by arson is not actually burning. And further, that buildings don't spontaneously burst into flame, any argument declaring the building is indeed burning is stupid...
                          More like arguing with someone who thinks that by silencing the rooster we can influence the sunrise.

Despite the shrillness of the UN SG's non sequitorial outburst...A dozen Kyotos won't alter the Earth's climate any more than killing the rooster will alter the sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by Erkki View Post
                            My fault...... Seems like I have expressed myself inaccurate and mixed things up .
                            What I meant was that I never believed that it was mad by man and that it was strange that the world was heating up.
                            My misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Erkki
                            I also think that there are some people who are making profit out off this " global warming"
                            Some car companies most make money when they sell nature friendly cars.
                            And others when the sell "nature friendly" products.
                            Making money is a good thing. A market-based approach to reducing CO2 emissions is a good thing...Even if the global warming issue is a hoax. A bureaucracy-driven approach will just make things worse.

Originally posted by Erkki
                            Fell free to correct me if I am wrong again.
                            There are difference of being a foul that don´t know and refuses to learn and a foul who don´t know and want to learn.
                            Wise words.

Comment

I'm tired of these threads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X