X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Bonds Indicted!!

We shall see how this turns out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3112487
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Good. About time. Of course, the excuses and accusations of racism will now start flying, but at the very least he should get one of these next to his name in the record books:

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
      Good. About time. Of course, the excuses and accusations of racism will now start flying, but at the very least he should get one of these next to his name in the record books:

An indictment is not a trial by his peers. How does obstruction of justice equate to an asterisk in the record book?

Do you have any ideas of the heinous things Ty Cobb did?

Whatever...the haters will hate, but the people who know the game won't be such knee-jerk wussies about it all.

Comment

The truth

As much as people hate Barry ( and some of it is for good reason) we need to wake up and realise he is not the only guy who did this stuff.

Chances are Barry was on the juice, the problem with Barry is he in general was not a great person to begin with. It has nothing to do with Race either, if Tony Gwynn came out and said " I took the clear back in 92-96 " very few people would go crazy, they might not believe it because Tony is a pudge.

Barry was a superior ball player before he "juiced up" and it is too bad he had to go to that level.

Chad
        "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

"Whatever...the haters will hate, but the people who know the game won't be such knee-jerk wussies about it all."

Wait, I'm not done laughing yet.

OK.

Did Ty Cobb lie about whatever he did to a grand jury? From the article:

"Baseball superstar Barry Bonds was charged Thursday with perjury and obstruction of justice for allegedly lying when he said he did not use performance-enhancing drugs."

I'll bet you defended Clinton as well. Probably in the same manner, un-warrented and purile attacks on anyone who disagreed with your position.

Comment

Barry Bonds?

NEXT.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
              As much as people hate Barry ( and some of it is for good reason) we need to wake up and realise he is not the only guy who did this stuff.

Did what stuff? lying and obstructing justice?

Palmero probably lied too but that don't make it right.
              #occupyarmchairgeneral.
              Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
              Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Agreed

I no sense do I believe it is right at all. Palmeiro lied in front of the world when he flat out denied using steroids and then was busted soon thereafter.

Barry is not the only one guilty of some bad stuff, that is all I am trying to get across. In no sense am i defending his actions.

Chad

Comment

It was on the news this morning that Bonds lawyer came out and tried to compare this indictment to the waterboarding issue, saying that "we have a government that can't even decide if waterboarding is torture, and they want to go after barry bonds."

Lawyers. How frickin' lame can you get?

But here is another brilliant comment from his mouth-piece:

""I am utterly confident that this case will absolutely dissipate when the misconduct of the government comes to the forefront," Rains told The New York Times."

Typical, just attack the government. Next they will take the OJ track and claim the evidence was planted.

Comment

I'm no fan of Barry Bonds and would be totally content if Roger Maris still held the record, but the fact of the matter is that he doesn't and I can't see them going back and looking at the record over this indictment. Besides, I agree that Bonds wasn't the only one. He's the just the one that got caught today!

His lawyer does sound like a tool though. Lashing out at the prosecution is the last ditch effort of the guilty.

Comment

MLB needs to take a hard look at past and current players and have a impartial independant review board set up. ALL of the ballplayers who get conficted should have their records stripped from them. I personally think this steroid deal is just as important and just as damaging to Baseball as the old 1911(?) blacksox scandel.
                      Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
                      If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Why are steroids banned from baseball and other sports?

Modern athletes have access to far healthier diets, far more advance weight training equipment, modern medicine and nutritional supplements? Not to mention that in baseball, the bats, gloves, balls, shoes and even uniform material give modern players advantages over their predecessors...They also have air-conditioned domed stadiums.

A player can choose to diminish his abilities through alcohol, junk food and tobacco use...Why can't he choose to enhance his abilities with steroids? At his own personal risk of course.
                        Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                          Modern athletes have access to far healthier diets, far more advance weight training equipment, modern medicine and nutritional supplements? Not to mention that in baseball, the bats, gloves, balls, shoes and even uniform material give modern players advantages over their predecessors...They also have air-conditioned domed stadiums.

A player can choose to diminish his abilities through alcohol, junk food and tobacco use...Why can't he choose to enhance his abilities with steroids? At his own personal risk of course.
                          Corked bats work well also...... They don't get that choice now because it's against the rules...... It they did it before it was against the rules (and not against the law) then fine.....
                          “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                          “To talk of many things:
                          Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                          Of cabbages—and kings—
                          And why the sea is boiling hot—
                          And whether pigs have wings.”
                          ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Originally posted by Combatengineer View Post
                            Corked bats work well also...... They don't get that choice now because it's against the rules...... It they did it before it was against the rules (and not against the law) then fine.....
                            Sports do kind of have to have rules...Even Ice Hockey has rules. But cheating has always been a big part of Baseball. Spit balls, sandpaper...A good catcher can even occasionslly get a strike call by "framing the pitch."
                            Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                              Sports do kind of have to have rules...Even Ice Hockey has rules. But cheating has always been a big part of Baseball. Spit balls, sandpaper...A good catcher can even occasionslly get a strike call by "framing the pitch."
                              As long as you don't get caught, if you do get caught.......
                              “The time has come,” the Walrus said,
                              “To talk of many things:
                              Of shoes—and ships—and sealing-wax—
                              Of cabbages—and kings—
                              And why the sea is boiling hot—
                              And whether pigs have wings.”
                              ― Lewis Carroll

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X