Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish king tells Chavez to 'shut up'

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071111/...5HK08Q4QkE1vAI

SANTIAGO, Chile - The king of Spain told Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to "shut up" Saturday during a heated exchange that soured the end of a summit of leaders from Latin America, Spain and Portugal.

GO KING GO
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071111/...5HK08Q4QkE1vAI

SANTIAGO, Chile - The king of Spain told Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to "shut up" Saturday during a heated exchange that soured the end of a summit of leaders from Latin America, Spain and Portugal.

GO KING GO
      This could get interesting. Chavez has used his oil to enhance himself both domestically and abroad. However his constitutional proposals have led to fairly large protests in country. Of course, any power that Carlos has in SA is purely de facto. Yet the ties to Spain are still strong with some.
      It's about time somebody within the "community" stands up to this character.
      My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

I knew there was a reason i liked that guy.

Comment

Chavez is a posturing fool. I just hope he doesn't turn into a dangerous posturing fool.
          Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
          If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Chávez must be really irritating, as he managed to make the king angry. It's the first time I've seen the king annoyed.

Now, that Chávez deserves it. He was crying for attention (again), since the summit was starred in by Argentina and Uruguay and the conflict about a cellulose industrial plant.

Unfortunately, this is the kind of politics that Chávez wants, because he cannot do better. The populist three (Cuba, Venezuela and Bolivia) are starting to shift from anti-American imperialism to anti-Spanish imperialism to feed their errant and flawed policies. Blaming the "great capitalistic evil", the U.S., for all the bad in South America is no longer working. They are adding the Spanish logs now in the fire to keep it burning. They can't stand that South America is not interested in their boring rants anymore.
            Echo de menos mi isla.

Comment

It is just too bad that the King couldn't have told Chavez to shut up via a 500 pound smart bomb up his ass.

Comment

Truly one of life's finer moments...and a blinding flash of reality in a world dominated by political double-speak.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                  Truly one of life's finer moments...and a blinding flash of reality in a world dominated by political double-speak.
                  I agree.

I often wish politicians would just let one another have it. They do to some extent but often it is silly tripe.

Since Plosi got elected and thinks she knows it all I often say that to really shake politics in America up Bush and Cheney should just say farewell and her smart know it all self run the country for a couple years. She'd get a little dose of reality.

The sad thing is all politicians know their pandering is a spreader load of manure and the media does too. Its just a game that is played. The sad thing is that many of their consituents actually believe the crap that comes out of their mouths.
                  As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                  Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Martok View Post
                    It is just too bad that the King couldn't have told Chavez to shut up via a 500 pound smart bomb up his ass.
                    I would have been happy to just see him slap the taste out of his
                    mouth... now that would have been sweet .
                    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Glad to see the King told him to stick it! Chavez is no more than a school yard bully who hasn't been brought to task to yet. I can't until someone sorts him out properly. Of all the irritants in the global community he worries me the least.

Comment

Off with his head!

Comment

Long live Juan Carlos!

Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Thanks from ACG for doing what we wished we all could do!
                            A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Biscuit View Post
                              Glad to see the King told him to stick it! Chavez is no more than a school yard bully who hasn't been brought to task to yet. I can't until someone sorts him out properly. Of all the irritants in the global community he worries me the least.
                              The can of beans I ate yesterday remind me of Chavez.

HP
                              "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X