Your Username?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Username?

I've seen this asked of some people in other parts of this forum and I been interested my self and thought it might provoke so good conversation and tell everyone a little more about yourself
    Anyways what does you username signify or why did you choose that username for yourself. Some are self explanitory but others are interseting.

Well mine is SoccerDJ and well I love soccer and my nickname is DJ so thats how I got mine, well actually I couldn't really think of better one and I was in such a hurry to join that forum that I thought it would be easy to remember So lets here how you guys got yours.

Thanks for looking!!

Norad

I chose NORAD when I became a staff member in the Military Simulations Section and because of it's Colorado tie in which is where I live.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorius is to die daily" - Napoleon Bonaparte.

Michael

Comment

I was former known as DarkAngle but since I was the Danish translator of the Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar and helped out a lot with fixes etc., my old wing, the mighty 87th renamed me to Cougar.

But since a lot of people uses this nick name I added the _DK for Denmark.

Cheers
      Mark
      "Always behave like a duck -- keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath."

Comment

Well, mr_clark...

I always liked the Character of J.T.Clark... especially after the stuff to be read into Without Remorse...

He is a guy that knows his duty, is a professional, is deadly if he needs to be (and if friends are involved) but generally is a quite "nice" person.
        Oh yeah and I like this in connection with the sarcastic/ironic humour I see in the character it is a perfact match for me...

And I damn liked the name...
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

Comment

My initials, JAM, appended in respect for one of the most important authors of the 20th Century, Theodor Geisel, aka Dr. Suess.
          I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
            My initials, JAM, appended in respect for one of the most important authors of the 20th Century, Theodor Geisel, aka Dr. Suess.
            I always wondered if you were inspired by the great Dr. Suess

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

I am a Kraut (german), no further explanation necessary I guess
              "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

Used the nickname for the WWII American M7 assault gun.

Comment

I took the name of an important medieval Spanish warrior: Alvar Fáñez, also called Minaya. He was a relative of El Cid and both were from Burgos, my hometown.

My signature is also linked to them: a quote from the epic poem of El Cid, composed in the XII century.
                  Cual lidian bien, sobre dorado arzón
                  Mio Cid Ruy Diaz, el buen lidiador;
                  Minaya Alvar Fáñez, que en Zorita mandó;
                  Martín Antolínez, el burgalés de pro...!

Comment

Originally posted by Minaya
                    My signature is also linked to them: a quote from the epic poem of El Cid, composed in the XII century.
                    So for those of us who are somewhat less than fluent in Spanish,,what does it say?

Comment

I like wolves, but I don't like it when it's cold. So I chose a wolf who hangs out in warm areas.

Still doesn't make me like Mexican food, though

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                        So for those of us who are somewhat less than fluent in Spanish,,what does it say?
                        Not very interesting... just a passage when describing a battle. The name of El Cid was Rodrigo (Ruy) Díaz, translated, the passage means more or less:

What a way of fighting, over their golden saddles
                        El Cid, Ruy Díaz, the great warrior!
                        Minaya Alvar Fáñez, who was master of Zorita (a place)
                        and Martín Antolínez, the good man from Burgos...

More interesting than my username is my avatar: Mortadelo. When I saw all the avatars showing soldiers I decided to look for a picture of this character, able to disguise in the most unbelievable ways... you may find some examples in http://www.mortadeloyfilemon.com/disfraces/index.asp Thanks to Mortadelon and his boss, Filemón, I have been able to laugh even in the waiting room for a dentist!
                        Cual lidian bien, sobre dorado arzón
                        Mio Cid Ruy Diaz, el buen lidiador;
                        Minaya Alvar Fáñez, que en Zorita mandó;
                        Martín Antolínez, el burgalés de pro...!

Comment

Hello,

My username was created when I was in seventh grade, so it was natural that I use it for every forum I've visited over years...

Dan
                          Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Mine is from TV. Buffy the Vampire Slayer actually. Just before Spike would get into a dust-up he would yell "The Big Bad is back!"

Oh well, I liked it.
                            Bandits at 8 o'clock move in behind us
                            Ten ME-109's out of the sun
                            Ascending and turning our Spitfires to face them
                            Heading straight for them I press down my guns

"Aces High"
                            Iron Maiden

Comment

mine is a bit strange granted here is the signification

some years ago i joined a clan playing sudden strike 2 which was called arverne, arverne is the name of a celtic tribe, to join this clan i had to chose an arverne nickname and i chose viridomaros, all i remember from him is that he died at alesia while being asleep and that he was poor at commanding troops. since that time i just cannot leave this nickname, though like 1 year ago leader turned mad and i decided to quit the clan after he ban some players and i joined the scythe clan ( scythe is also a name of an ancient tribe, and in this clan my name was madyes who was a scythian king) but recently like a week ago i decided to return to origins and went back to clan arverne. Things have changed since the begining but i'm just so happy with this nickname , come to say hello if you want to
                              www.clan-arverne.org
                              looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X