At a loss for words.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a loss for words.....

Today in Olympic competition USA men's basketball lost to Puerto Rico 92-73. I'd like to continue, but, I.....

what a strange result
    i wish i could have watched a final between USA and Russia
    looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

CHN 5 2 1
      AUS 4 1 3
      JPN 4 1 0
      ITA 2 1 0
      TUR 2 0 1

Where are ya'll Priest?
      Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Last week I was discussing this US team with a friend who is a major B-ball fan, and he told me that the rest of the world is better at basketball than the US. They understand something about the TEAM part.

Well I guess it's official.

Can't blame this on us sending a bunch of college kids...I hope David Stern was watching.
        "Nations are never content to confine their rivalships and enmities to themselves. It is their usual policy to disseminate them as widely, as they can, regardless how far it may interfere with the tranquility or happiness of the nations which they are able to influence." -- Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
          CHN 5 2 1
          AUS 4 1 3
          JPN 4 1 0
          ITA 2 1 0
          TUR 2 0 1

Where are ya'll Priest?
          We're in group B.

Comment

Why is anyone even remotely surprised? These are people used to being coddled, ogled, and catered to and lavished with money. Now, they are playing basketball for free, and the person on the team that has the most experience is a thub named Allen Iverson.

Basketball sucks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
              Today in Olympic competition USA men's basketball lost to Puerto Rico 92-73. I'd like to continue, but, I.....
              I find it kind of ironic because Puerto Rico is a US protectoret its like getting beat by our 51 state

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
                I find it kind of ironic because Puerto Rico is a US protectoret its like getting beat by our 51 state
                I agree. That kind of mitigates the defeat.

Personally, I haven't paid attention to basketball in years. Too much money is paid to people with too little love for the game.

I've been paying alot of attention to the Boxing Competetions. There, Cuba and Eastern European boxers reign. (What do expect from boxing programs that include attack dogs, among other things.)

Originally posted by Pfc TAZ
                Last week I was discussing this US team with a friend who is a major B-ball fan, and he told me that the rest of the world is better at basketball than the US. They understand something about the TEAM part.
                You know, that is not the first time I heard that in recent days. It surprised me to see people referring to the USA Women's Basketball team as the Athen's Dream Team. It seemed that a number of people in the sports saw problems with the American basketball team.
                "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."-Christopher Dawson - The Judgement of Nations, 1942

Comment

There has to be a lot of anticipation in the Olympic Village as the rest of the world realizes that the US team can be beat. That for the first time in a long while that they may be able to win the gold in men's basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                    There has to be a lot of anticipation in the Olympic Village as the rest of the world realizes that the US team can be beat. That for the first time in a long while that they may be able to win the gold in men's basketball.
                    That's a good thing. It gets boring when one country dominates a sport. I know I am completely burned out on the "Medal Count".

That was great when it was East vs. West -- now it just seems....boring.
                    "Nations are never content to confine their rivalships and enmities to themselves. It is their usual policy to disseminate them as widely, as they can, regardless how far it may interfere with the tranquility or happiness of the nations which they are able to influence." -- Alexander Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by Pfc TAZ
                      That's a good thing. It gets boring when one country dominates a sport. I know I am completely burned out on the "Medal Count".

That was great when it was East vs. West -- now it just seems....boring.
                      Exactly, that's why I stopped following men's Olympic basketball. It may be worth following this year just to see if the US can pull themselves together, or if the rest of the world will beat them out for the gold. It my be possible that this team may not medal at all, they are that weak.

Comment

What about your other homegrown sport, baseball. Seems you are not he favorites there either. Simlpy shocking, it would be like another country beating us at Aussie Rules Football. You people should be ashamed!You make me sick!

HEHE I'm just getting it in before the athletics events see you on top of the ladder
                        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Looks like Phelps is going to have run against Thorpie

more gold for Oz!
                          Now listening too;
                          - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

What the hell is 'Chinese Taipei'? we are playing baseball against them today. Never heard of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                              Simlpy shocking, it would be like another country beating us at Aussie Rules Football.
                              Haha yes that's true Mind you, don't the Irish beat you at the 'international' version sometimes?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X