Adieu to My Home Improvement Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adieu to My Home Improvement Employer

Got a nurse assistant job at a local clinic, 8 minute drive from my home. Weird shift, 11:00pm-7:00am, then to school at 8:00am.

I figure most of the patients/residents will be asleep during the night so I guess most of the time it will be guard duty patroling the floor and making sure I respond in case of some night emergency.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero
    Got a nurse assistant job at a local clinic, 8 minute drive from my home. Weird shift, 11:00pm-7:00am, then to school at 8:00am.

I figure most of the patients/residents will be asleep during the night so I guess most of the time it will be guard duty patroling the floor and making sure I respond in case of some night emergency.
    Oh you are on the right?

Good luck (again) in your new job, will be hard to go to school after work
    a brain cell

Comment

just a few questions
      1) when are you going to sleep?
      2) do you take some medicine to help
      3) what are you studing ?
      looking forward to the new version of toaw

Comment

Originally posted by viridomaros
        just a few questions
        1) when are you going to sleep?
        2) do you take some medicine to help
        3) what are you studing ?
        'studing' thats sick man!
        Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

Not willing to make you frightened, but wasn't it tht most emergencies happen during the night??? (at least on TV)
          "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
          which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
          The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
          returned to its home base."

Comment

I used to work the swing shift at a busy ER in Baumholder, Germany. Much fun!

Comment

You never know MZ, maybe there will be some 21yr old blonde chick who will need some....mouth to mouth resusitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest
                You never know MZ, maybe there will be some 21yr old blonde chick who will need some....mouth to mouth resusitation.
                Im sure JAMiAM could find some of those for him

Thanks for looking!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDJ
                  Im sure JAMiAM could find some of those for him
                  He just needs to stay on the head nurse's good side. I hear she can be quite innovative in her punishment of assistants who cross the line...
                  Attached Files
                  I have no problem at all with being proved wrong. Especially when being proved wrong leaves the world a better place, than being proved right...

Comment

Originally posted by JAMiAM
                    He just needs to stay on the head nurse's good side. I hear she can be quite innovative in her punishment of assistants who cross the line...
                    Ooh, ooh! I wanna cross the line!
                    2nd Lt Mephisto, OIC S-2 Security, 5th Armchair General Battalion

Currently Playing:
                    CMBO 3MiF Tournament vs NiG
                    CMAK QB vs IronMikeUSMC
                    ASL S1 vs IronMike USMC

Comment

Originally posted by mr_clark
                      Not willing to make you frightened, but wasn't it tht most emergencies happen during the night??? (at least on TV)
                      Emergencies can happen at any time of the day; it is completely random. When you think the calls are going to roll in, perhaps when the weather is really bad, nothing happens. But when it's a beautifal quiet Sunday afternoon, you end up getting hammered. This is just my experience working for smalltown EMS and Fire. In a big city, it may be different. In my area, the nights are quiet.
                      "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Dan
                        Emergencies can happen at any time of the day; it is completely random. When you think the calls are going to roll in, perhaps when the weather is really bad, nothing happens. But when it's a beautifal quiet Sunday afternoon, you end up getting hammered. This is just my experience working for smalltown EMS and Fire. In a big city, it may be different. In my area, the nights are quiet.
                        Yeah, sure! It was really just meant as a joke...
                        As most accidents happen during work at home it is clear that these do not all happen in the night... (I guess )

The only time I was at an hospital for an Emergancy was when at a birthday party someone blew a cork of a bottle of champagne right into her face and I was the only one with a car...
                        And then it wasn't that full...
                        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                        returned to its home base."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X