• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MonsterZero is 5 feet 9 inches

What's my healthy weight range?

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

According to the National Institute of Health, 128-169 lbs.

That's according to the BMI scale, which I find useless. I'm 6 feet, 235 lbs, which puts me square in the grossly overweight, you're about to die category.

But I mountain bike, run and swim regularly, almost daily.

My body fat% is 12% (on the low end of normal) my resting heart rate is 60, which is on the border of well-trained athlete and normal, and my blood pressure is also quite normal.

Don't worry too much about the BMI. Keep an eye on your heart rate and blood pressure, visit your doctor regularly.

Ugh, I sound like a PSA.

Nat

Comment

I am 5'8" and dressed out I run about 215 or so. Muscle weighs more than fat and the last time I was "healthy" on one of those things I had had the flu and double pnemonea and my fatigues were falling off me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDog
        I am 5'8" and dressed out I run about 215 or so. Muscle weighs more than fat and the last time I was "healthy" on one of those things I had had the flu and double pnemonea and my fatigues were falling off me.
        LOL yes a buddy of mine has this "problem" too
        "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
        which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
        The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
        returned to its home base."

Comment

I think it's impossible to tell what your ideal weight should be. I went to one site and it told me my ideal is 151-189 pounds! A Body Index Measurement site told me that I was perfect. Now, admittedly, the standards are somewhat different for men and women, but still, how does one explain away those kinds of differences?

Since I don't know any of you in person, I will go ahead and tell all. I am 6'1" and weigh 143 lbs. I'm not an athlete by any wild stretch of the imagination, but I do run 2 miles, three days a week and I dance.

em

Comment

yep, I'm 6'9" and weigh 105kg (~230 pounds): using BMI I need to be about 125kg(~275lbs) for my perfect weight. No way in hell can I get to that...

belisama: my fiancee is 5'11" and weighs about the same: she is supposedly supposed to gain weight, but if she does, there's hell to pay...(Also, she is an F cup, which I think means anything to do with ratios is knockd out of whack - guys don;t have that problem)
            Now listening too;
            - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
              yep, I'm 6'9" and weigh 105kg (~230 pounds): using BMI I need to be about 125kg(~275lbs) for my perfect weight. No way in hell can I get to that...

belisama: my fiancee is 5'11" and weighs about the same: she is supposedly supposed to gain weight, but if she does, there's hell to pay...(Also, she is an F cup, which I think means anything to do with ratios is knockd out of whack - guys don;t have that problem)
              Oh i don't know Ivan, some guys are better 'equipped' than others.

Theres also the short leg factor. I'm heavy for my size even if i was perfectly fit because i have short legs. i'm a bit over 5'10 but when i sit down i'm as tall as a person of about 6'2.
              Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

she is an F cup
                Oh my, she has my undying repsect and sympathy. And yes, it does mess up the so-called ratios considerably. I've never seen a chart that takes that into account.

em

Comment

Originally posted by Belisama
                  Oh my, she has my undying repsect and sympathy. And yes, it does mess up the so-called ratios considerably. I've never seen a chart that takes that into account.

em
                  Sympathy for you, admiration for the rest of us

Hey Ivan, does anything bad happen in your life? Some people have all the luck.
                  Not lip service, nor obsequious homage to superiors, nor servile observance of forms and customs...the Australian army is proof that individualism is the best and not the worst foundation upon which to build up collective discipline - General Monash

Comment

have you ever tried shopping for a F-cup bra? Hell is an understatement...

she is actually considering a breast reduction, as she thinks they make her look overweight (F cup not being as perky as it's smaller cousins), and her family has a history of back problems AND breast cancer.

might sound wonderful - but all the baggage that comes with them (forking out $100+ per bra is expensive...) certainly detracts from the experience.
                    Now listening too;
                    - Russell Robertson, ruining whatever credibility my football team once had.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivan Rapkinov
                      have you ever tried shopping for a F-cup bra? Hell is an understatement...

she is actually considering a breast reduction, as she thinks they make her look overweight (F cup not being as perky as it's smaller cousins), and her family has a history of back problems AND breast cancer.

might sound wonderful - but all the baggage that comes with them (forking out $100+ per bra is expensive...) certainly detracts from the experience.
                      Wait till you have kids. Personally bigguns look better covered by something (low cut of course)while perkies are better in the flesh.

Now where were we? oh yes WARFARE!

Comment

Bah! Men!

Yes, let's get back to discussing that minefield that we would like Temujin to clear for us.

em

Comment

Bah! Men!

Yes, let's get back to discussing that minefield that we would like Temujin to clear for us.

em
                          mine clearing is not dangerous!

You just need a couple of hundred buddies to show you how to while you hide behind this massive metal shield...
                          "A platoon of Chinese tanks viciously attacked a Soviet harvester,
                          which was peacefully working a field near the Soviet-Chinese border.
                          The harvester returned fire and upon destroying the enemy
                          returned to its home base."

Comment

Bah! Men!

em
                            I'm married so i navigate minefields every day

Comment

Originally posted by Temujin
                              I'm married so i navigate minefields every day
                              Women are easy to handle, know their favorite shoe manufacturer and whenever you have to... buy their latest model and surprise her with a little present.
                              Last edited by Kraut; 23 Aug 04, 11:23.
                              "The conventional army loses if it does not win. The guerrilla wins if he does not lose."

Henry Alfred Kissinger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X