35 Years...and counting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35 Years...and counting!

Today, Heidi and I have been married 35 years.

What a long and wonderful road it has been. So many terrific and tragic memories. So much we have shared.

Pressed between the pages of a photo album we have a latent image of us then. Young, strong, wrapped in our jean jackets and with hair of competitive lenghts. Ready to take on whatever the world was going to throw at us.
    In retrospect, we've done OK.

Side by side we have buried parents, and built our home.

We held each other tightly at the hospital bedside of our 18-month-old child as she battled spinal meningitis, and watched on in horror as she was given the last rites. We continued to watch as she grew stronger and despite everything every doctor told us, survived to grow into the most beautiful daughter any parents could wish for.

Together we have shared the love and devotion of a haft dozen wonderful pets.

Together we have seen each other through debilitating mishaps, and medical scares.

Together we celebrated the achievements of each of our respective careers.

Together we have somehow managed to do everything we set out to do.

Tonight we will head out for dinner and celebrate, and from there move ahead to the rest of our years together.
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

WOW!! Congrats and I hope you have many more!!
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
      What a long and wonderful road it has been. So many terrific and tragic memories. So much we have shared.
      That's a long time.
      Permit me the honor of congratulating you on this special day.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

About the only thing that could top the 2007 bear challenge is 35 years of marriage. Congrats on the milestone and may you have another 35 to share together.
        As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
        Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

Well done mate, I'm getting married in less than a month and we can't wait!

Wishing both of you a long and healthy life, all the best mate.
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
          Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats Cyberia, may you and your wife have many more anniversarys to come
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Sounds like you found your soul mate, Cyberia. Cherish each other and enjoy many, many more happy years.
              All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Congratulations Cy, here is to another 35!!!!
                Wolster

Comment

Congratulations Cyberia and I do hope you have many, many, more

Comment

Impressive.

When 50% of society can't even manage a single digit sum, your sum is impressive.

I personally think people that are responsible for key decisions in society should have been married at least something like 20 years. If a person can remain committed to a single person for 20+ years, then they have proved they understand long term commitment.

Granted, sometimes the person is on the receiving end of dealing with a partner that has no capacity for long term commitment.

So being able to choose wisely is also demonstrated by long term successful marriages. And I know several people that sure can't pick at all wisely
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post

Wow. How wonderful. This is what most of us set out to achieve, but most fail in the attempt. I really hope and pray I will be so fortunate.

Very nice. You are a lucky man

Congratulations !!

Comment

Congrats man! That is really something to celebrate, though I suspect the trip down memory lane as you enjoy your day will be the best part! I haven't even been alive 35 years, so that sounds like a really long time!

Comment

Congrats, hope you and your wife have a great day, here's to many more.
                          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Congrats! It sure sounds like life have been good to you n' your wife. Your situation today with 35 years of marriage seems to be quite uncommon with folks out there that split after their first disagreement instead of being stronger by it! From what you're writing 'bout your life together you two must be soulmates and I'm glad to hear that your daughter won the battle.

Semper fidelis mates!
                            The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                            ----
                            We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

I'd feel better about this if I could read Trudi's side of this.....

BUT.. Congratulations old Bean!
                              My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X