Facebook disabled my account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook with little or no warning disabled my account for "abusing the search feature" when I barely searched at all. In addition I got little and vague warning beforehand. I sent them a message giving them my case and telling them how unfair this was, So do you think Facebook will give me my account back?

I'm f**king pissed about this whole entire affair.

You're going to need to be way more specific. What were you searching? This is the first I've heard of anything remotely like this...
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
      You're going to need to be way more specific. What were you searching? This is the first I've heard of anything remotely like this...
      I was searching for friend in a different network and it just kicked me out and disabled my account, Also over the past couple of weeks at various times it disabled my ability to search, However I had no idea what was going on as it keep on giving me warnings which were very vague. I barely searched at all and did so at a very slow pace.

Comment

I would hope they would give you your account back. I've searched for friends in other networks and I didn't get any warnings
        "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
          I would hope they would give you your account back. I've searched for friends in other networks and I didn't get any warnings
          It's unfair and I'm holding them responsible for it too!

Here is the message I sent them regarding the disabling of my account.

Facebook administrators have disabled my account for "misuse" by overusing a certain feature which was searching however I have barely used this feature and barely got any warning at all that my account would be disabled beforehand. Facebook is an important part of my social life in addition to reuniting me with many old friends I haven't seen in years, So this does incredible damage to my social and family life and with my banning being felt unfair, I may purse getting an attorney involved if the disabling of my account is not revoked.

How does this look?

Comment

Abuse of searching?

That's moronic. What the heck is face book for if not for searching?

That would be like getting booted from Armchair General if you posted too many posts each day.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
              Abuse of searching?

That's moronic. What the heck is face book for if not for searching?

That would be like getting booted from Armchair General if you posted too many posts each day.
              I hope I get my account back I put alot of work into that thing!

Comment

Hi,

Your account has been disabled for persistent misuse of the site.
                Please contact [email protected] for more information.

The Facebook Team

This is also the message I got after it's disabling?

Does this mean it's gone for good, Like is it still on there?

Comment

My out of left field assumption is you might have done too good of a job on it.

Sounds like they used a form letter response and you aren't being given the actual reason.

Did it have anything downloadable?
                  Was it visited much?
                  Was there any content you could even vaguely consider questionable?

Usually bandwidth gets to be an issue with freebie things on the net.

I sure hope you weren't merely victimized by some cretin falsely "reporting" your site just to be mean (that CAN happen).

I doubt a site that offers a freebie service much gives a hoot about your site though.
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maud'dib View Post
                    My out of left field assumption is you might have done too good of a job on it.

Sounds like they used a form letter response and you aren't being given the actual reason.

Did it have anything downloadable?
                    Was it visited much?
                    Was there any content you could even vaguely consider questionable?

Usually bandwidth gets to be an issue with freebie things on the net.

I sure hope you weren't merely victimized by some cretin falsely "reporting" your site just to be mean (that CAN happen).

I doubt a site that offers a freebie service much gives a hoot about your site though.

To answer the questions there wasn't anything even remotely questionable on my Facebook, In matter of fact some friends of mine on theirs put things that could be called highly questionable.

Also I'm a fairly well known fellow and it was frequented alot, However that wasn't the issue.

In addition to answer the victimization question I get along with just about everyone and those I don't get along with I usually deny access to my Facebook.

Also nothing downloaded was on it.

Also last but not least it kept mentioning that I was abusing the search feature and going to fast on it when I barely used it all and went fairly slow.
                    Last edited by Kevin23; 28 Oct 07, 16:53.

Comment

What kind of security software are you running?

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
                      To answer the questions there wasn't anything even remotely questionable on my Facebook, In matter of fact some friends of mine on theirs put things that could be called highly questionable.

Also I'm a fairly well known fellow and it was frequented alot, However that wasn't the issue.

In addition to answer the victimization question I get along with just about everyone and those I don't get along with I usually deny access to my Facebook.

Also nothing downloaded was on it.

Also last but not least it kept mentioning that I was abusing the search feature and going to fast on it when I barely used it all and went fairly slow.
                      You might have trojan or related malware running in your account. Just a thought.
                      Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin23 View Post
                        Facebook administrators have disabled my account for "misuse" by overusing a certain feature which was searching however I have barely used this feature and barely got any warning at all that my account would be disabled beforehand. Facebook is an important part of my social life in addition to reuniting me with many old friends I haven't seen in years, So this does incredible damage to my social and family life and with my banning being felt unfair, I may purse getting an attorney involved if the disabling of my account is not revoked.

How does this look?
                        Horrible. First, throw some periods and commas in there. Second, it's probably not a great idea to jump directly to the lawyer threat... they're not going to be afraid of that.
                        Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Originally posted by sickpup View Post
                          Horrible. First, throw some periods and commas in there. Second, it's probably not a great idea to jump directly to the lawyer threat... they're not going to be afraid of that.
                          If you'd like more information why not contact them as per their message to you?? They can probably tell you more then anyone here could.

I'd at least do that before mentioning lawyers...but I doubt you'd have a case anyway.
                          #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                          Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                          Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

I have yet to even hear back from them!

Whats going on?

Comment

Ok if I don't hear from them what step should I take next?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X