Request For New Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request For New Medal

That's it - I am requesting a special medal for guys like me whose ISP melts down everytime someone looks at it without smiling.

Lost my DSL first - tried to revert to...shudder...the old dial-up and it wasn't even there. Took THREE WEEKS to get a repairman to come out, but they wanted to keep billing me for the DSL connection the whole time.

After some sweet, diplomatic words dimly remembered from my service career, the kind that scorch paint and melt chrome off of bumpers, the unwashed and unknowing at Qwest finally agreed that a) there was a problem, yep, sure 'nuff and b) they needed to send a repair guy. So now I have my @#$%&* dial-up back and am still waiting for the misbegotten DSL. Seems the redneck they sent wasn't a DSL repairman, just the ordinary kind.

There ought to be a medal of some kind, maybe a tiny little gold Qwest guy sitting on a white platinum commode on a field of chocolate brown silk with a bloody red stripe down the middle...

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
    That's it - I am requesting a special medal for guys like me whose ISP melts down everytime someone looks at it without smiling.
    How about one for those who survived The War Banner Advertising incident of 2007?

#occupyarmchairgeneral.
    Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

You know, I'd like a medal for my efforts as well. This site would practically collapse without my magnificent personality and skills.

I'd also like a medal for being the most modest person ever.
      Wisdom is personal

Comment

Originally posted by Karri View Post
        You know, I'd like a medal for my efforts as well. This site would practically collapse without my magnificent personality and skills.

True, true check your rep count
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Just from that statement alone, you deserve it!

I got a call from Qweat a little while ago - they have cleared up my problem! Unhooked dial-up, re-hooked DSL - guess what? Still doesn't work.

What is the primary qualification to be a Qwest technician? I don't know either, but some sort of terminally abysmal ignorance seems probable.
          Last edited by Mountain Man; 25 Oct 07, 13:02.

Comment

I think I figured it out MM . . .

They only hire the least qualified repairmen now so they can spend more money on advertising how great their service is.

My DSL goes down about every 90 days and I've now got it down to the point I can tell the repairman to go to the local switch and reverse my connection.

@#&$*&*##$% VERIZON
            Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

You guys know no fustration until you have mobile ISP like me. It is always a mystery to whether it is working or not.
              Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by salinator View Post
                You guys know no fustration until you have mobile ISP like me. It is always a mystery to whether it is working or not.

Don't start talking about sitting in an airport and typing a post and pressing submit and... {poof}....or I'm gonna start freaking out again!
                #occupyarmchairgeneral.
                Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true. Demosthenes.
                Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. Laurence J. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
                  Don't start talking about sitting in an airport and typing a post and pressing submit and... {poof}....or I'm gonna start freaking out again!
                  The {poof} is especially trying for a typing challenged guy like me.

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by GCoyote View Post
                    They only hire the least qualified repairmen now so they can spend more money on advertising how great their service is.

My DSL goes down about every 90 days and I've now got it down to the point I can tell the repairman to go to the local switch and reverse my connection.

@#&$*&*##$% VERIZON
                    I know a guy that works for Sprint and lives sorta in the sticks. Still has high speed business DSL lines or whatever they are called (he told me I don't remember). He gets a big discount on it because he went over to help out the poor guys as they fiddeled for hour after hour and told them how to fix the problem.
                    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
                    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

I changed my mind, I want a new ribbon
                      Wisdom is personal

Comment

I changed my mind, I want a new ribbon
                        How about a fat lip?

Prayers.

BoRG

Comment

I need a medal A I';ve had 5 cans of beer and i'm still kinda sober lol B seriously wants to have sex like every 18 year old bloke and C give me more rep people
                          http://g.bf3stats.com/pc/1LP76r6C/melba_101.png

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X