Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip

Me and 7 friends are thinking of going on a cross country form Rochester NY to Los Angels CA, and I was wondering if you have an suggestions about what to see and how to do it?
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

It would help if we knew what general route you were going. Here are some:

Mount Rushmore
    Grand Canyon
    Tetons
    Custers last stand
    Alamo

Anyone else out there have any suggestions?

What time of year would help also, along with your interests so people can get an idea what you might like.
    Last edited by medevac; 24 Oct 07, 11:21.

Comment

it will be at the start of the summer and visual sights
      "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
      "

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
        it will be at the start of the summer and visual sights
        Plan on one way along the south and back across the northern plains or just the opposite. High plains around Amarillo TX I found very attractive and of course the Four Corners. Vegas and especially the Grand Canyon is a must. If you see nothing else, see the Canyon. Take the time, one day maybe two to hike to the bottom. Sorry no elevator you have to walk back up. Royal Gorge in CO is interesting. IF you hit Amarillo then try the massive steak out. As a group it really should be fun. Noticed your pic. If you want to see some of the Indian drawings up close then you can check out Arches National Park close to Moab UT. Don't miss Wolf's Ranch if you get there.

HP
        Last edited by Half Pint John; 23 Oct 07, 13:52.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

If you're going to the Grand Canyon, check out the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest National Park a bit south.

All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

I think I created a thread about this when I went out west. If you search for it I think there were some suggestions there.

We went to Yellowstone National Park

If you stop in West Yellowstone, Montana which is were we stayed when we stopped at Yellowstone I recommend Pete's Rocky Mountain Pizza & Pasta. Best pizza I have ever had plus they have Italian Soda
            "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Travel safety tip #11

Never tail gate artillery.

Be safe, enjoy.
              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

How long do you plan to take to do the all trip?
                All warfare is based on deception.
                Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum View Post
                  How long do you plan to take to do the all trip?
                  about 2 weeks
                  "

Comment

about 2 weeks
                    You do know that two weeks really isn't that much time from NY to the West Coast and back. You'll have 5-6 days of driving for 8-10 hrs just to get there. Plan well.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                      You do know that two weeks really isn't that much time from NY to the West Coast and back. You'll have 5-6 days of driving for 8-10 hrs just to get there. Plan well.
                      where in the first stages of planning, any help would be grateful
                      "

Comment

You could take the old Route 66 from Chicago to LA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Route_66

I basically follows Interstates now but it's a nice trip.
                        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

where in the first stages of planning, any help would be grateful
                          You said that you'll be a group of 7? What type of car? Are all of driving age?

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                            You said that you'll be a group of 7? What type of car? Are all of driving age?
                            2 can't come and one's undecided an we will be using a van and the ages are 18 18 18 19 20
                            "

Comment

Also well all have driver license
                              "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X